2 Broncos make PFF Midseason All-Pro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Jackson is better than Simmons IMO and deserves more money. But Simmons agent won’t agree with that. This huge Jackson contract is why you try to get an extension before this happens. Now the agent will bring in Jackson’s contract blue prints.
    I don’t they resign him this year. Maybe tag him and kick this down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Kick it down the road when it could be 15M a great for a safety.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

No, we have the cap room this year. Get a deal done and show the other players that the organization takes care of their own.

Comment

Jackson is better than Simmons IMO and deserves more money. But Simmons agent won’t agree with that. This huge Jackson contract is why you try to get an extension before this happens. Now the agent will bring in Jackson’s contract blue prints.
          Simmons certainly out-played Jackson massively this season. It does kind of make you wonder how much of this is Fangio. Simmons was kind of average before Fangio and Jackson was kind of average after Fangio. Hmm...

Comment

Wow, had no idea Simmons had that big of an impact. I know he makes some big plays, but it seems like he is out of position sometimes too. Amazing accomplishment for Justin Simmons. Broncos 2016 draft was special. An All Pro (Simmons) and 2 Solid Starters (McGovern, Janovich).

That's going to be costly, lol. Bumped him up from $12M to probably $15M.
            Last edited by pricejj; 01-03-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Simmons certainly out-played Jackson massively this season. It does kind of make you wonder how much of this is Fangio. Simmons was kind of average before Fangio and Jackson was kind of average after Fangio. Hmm...
              You talking about Kareem or Eddie? I’m talking about Eddie Jackson. I’m saying Eddie Jackson > Simmons. Not Kareem

certainly he isn’t going to be cheap though. He’s going to ask for 15M now especially after today’s all pro/Eddie jackson extension. Denver offered him a low ball contract before the season Simmons promptly said no. He gambled on himself and now will make more.

you also have the old “great in a contract year” angle.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                Wow, had no idea Simmons had that big of an impact. I know he makes some big plays, but it seems like he is out of position sometimes too. Amazing accomplishment for Justin Simmons. Broncos 2016 draft was special. An All Pro (Simmons) and 2 Solid Starters (McGovern, Janovich).

That's going to be costly, lol. Bumped him up from $12M to probably $15M.
                Simmons was a great pick but Lynch set this franchise back 3 years. Hardly special

Comment

You talking about Kareem or Eddie? I’m talking about Eddie Jackson. I’m saying Eddie Jackson > Simmons. Not Kareem

certainly he isn’t going to be cheap though. He’s going to ask for 15M now especially after today’s all pro/Eddie jackson extension. Denver offered him a low ball contract before the season Simmons promptly said no. He gambled on himself and now will make more.

I'm talking about Eddie Jackson. Justin Simmons was much better than him this year. Given that Simmons got an All-Pro spot and Jackson didn't I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this.

Comment

I'm talking about Eddie Jackson. Justin Simmons was much better than him this year. Given that Simmons got an All-Pro spot and Jackson didn't I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this.
                    OK. 2019 goes to Simmons. Overall body of work I see Jackson as better. He’s also been all pro when Simmons wasn’t.

2nd team all pro and first team are 2 different things. Jackson’s been a 1st team all pro.

Comment

No one knows how Eddies Contract is structured yet, I read that duh bears don't have a lot of cap space so a lot of his deal could be backloaded and his contract isn't fully guaranteed.

John has to invest in a home grown draft pick. I would worry about Simmon's holding out if he got tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

Simmons was a great pick but Lynch set this franchise back 3 years. Hardly special
                        Two years. The third year we wasted on waiting for Chad Kelly to get his **** together.

Comment

OK. 2019 goes to Simmons. Overall body of work I see Jackson as better. He’s also been all pro when Simmons wasn’t.

2nd team all pro and first team are 2 different things. Jackson’s been a 1st team all pro.
                          Right, but my main point is that both guys seem to be A LOT better under Fangio. Jackson's whole career was under Fangio until this season.

Comment

Right, but my main point is that both guys seem to be A LOT better under Fangio. Jackson's whole career was under Fangio until this season.
                            Oh ya I hear ya on that. Can even go back to SF with Whitner excelling under Fangio.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

Wouldn't have been set back 3 years if the head coach did a proper in-game evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

No one knows how Eddies Contract is structured yet, I read that duh bears don't have a lot of cap space so a lot of his deal could be backloaded and his contract isn't fully guaranteed.

John has to invest in a home grown draft pick. I would worry about Simmon's holding out if he got tagged.

He basically said that he’d be happy with a long term contract from a team or the tag. I don’t think there’s any concern about him holding out if we tag him.

Comment

Working...
                                X