X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post

I don’t they resign him this year. Maybe tag him and kick this down the road.
    Kick it down the road when it could be 15M a great for a safety.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Jackson is better than Simmons IMO and deserves more money. But Simmons agent won’t agree with that. This huge Jackson contract is why you try to get an extension before this happens. Now the agent will bring in Jackson’s contract blue prints.
    I don’t they resign him this year. Maybe tag him and kick this down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
    Denver is ultimately going to give Simmons his big contract. At a minimum he’ll get what Eddie Jackson just got. Chicago just made him the highest paid safety in the NFL.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...584m-extension Bears sign S Eddie Jackson to 4-year, $58.4M extension
    Jackson is better than Simmons IMO and deserves more money. But Simmons agent won’t agree with that. This huge Jackson contract is why you try to get an extension before this happens. Now the agent will bring in Jackson’s contract blue prints.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    I think Elway will pay Simmons for one big reason--he'll pay Simmons because he's an Elway draft pick and John has a hard time cutting his bad draft picks (admitting he's wrong) and on the other hand, he does a lot to keep the draft picks he considers good players.

One example was Brock Ossweiler, say what you want, but Elway made him a very, very nice offer to keep his worthless butt on this team
    Malik Roby Shaq Paradis just to name a few all played decent enough yet not even an offer. Elway doesn’t always try to keep his hand picked guys.

also LMAO at asking a player of his caliber to take a team friendly deal while having massive cap space.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
    I was willing to go 12m for Simmons just ahead of Kareem Jackson's 11m per year but 14m to 15m per year it would be a no from me. I would franchise tag Simmons and give his agent permission to seek a trade for a 1st or 2nd round pick. If we dont get value i would let Simmons play the year on the franchise tag and try and draft his replacement. The safety from LSU Delpit would really be tempting if he is still their at 15 if we need to replace Simmons.
    Kareem is at 14M on the cap for 2020. He may have an AAV of 11 but next year it’s at 14.

you’re going to ask Simmons to take less than his older teammate for the 2020 year? Simmons agent will want the most money he can get for all the years, let alone 2020 season. Gonna need some creative contract language.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

I was thinking he would pay Simmons cause he’s earned it. Overall I don’t disagree with what you’re saying.
    Agreed, Simmons has earned a nice pay day

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    I think Elway will pay Simmons for one big reason--he'll pay Simmons because he's an Elway draft pick and John has a hard time cutting his bad draft picks (admitting he's wrong) and on the other hand, he does a lot to keep the draft picks he considers good players.

One example was Brock Ossweiler, say what you want, but Elway made him a very, very nice offer to keep his worthless butt on this team
    I was thinking he would pay Simmons cause he’s earned it. Overall I don’t disagree with what you’re saying.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
    I was willing to go 12m for Simmons just ahead of Kareem Jackson's 11m per year but 14m to 15m per year it would be a no from me. I would franchise tag Simmons and give his agent permission to seek a trade for a 1st or 2nd round pick. If we dont get value i would let Simmons play the year on the franchise tag and try and draft his replacement. The safety from LSU Delpit would really be tempting if he is still their at 15 if we need to replace Simmons.
    Not to worry, it isn’t your money Denver is spending. The market has gone up for a lot of positions. If you want a team of practice squad players go ahead and be cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• champhalloffamer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    With the exception of James,Damn near the entire offense is on their rookie contract. Denver should not have any problems giving Simmons his contract making him the highest paid safety.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos786 View Post
    If Simmons is not agreed on a team friendly deal then one option is to franchise tag him and trade him for 1st or 2nd round. Similar to what Seahawks and cheifs did to Frank Clark and Dee Ford.
    Denver is ultimately going to give Simmons his big contract. At a minimum he’ll get what Eddie Jackson just got. Chicago just made him the highest paid safety in the NFL.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...584m-extension Bears sign S Eddie Jackson to 4-year, $58.4M extension

Leave a comment:

• Broncos786
    replied
    If Simmons is not agreed on a team friendly deal then one option is to franchise tag him and trade him for 1st or 2nd round. Similar to what Seahawks and cheifs did to Frank Clark and Dee Ford.

Leave a comment:

• gyldenlove
    replied
    Great season by Simmons, he has gotten better each year.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X