SNOW GAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOW GAMES

I have been watching NFL football since 1960...
    never seen a day like yesterday ! the Philly game in particular was crazy ! of course bronco fans all remember that MNF game where the snow started simultaneous to kick-off and before 2 minutes were done, and before our O even got on the field, the broncos had 14 points against the Packers!
    ( I think it was also halloween ?)
    what other snow games came to mind yesterday, or what snow stories do you have to tell?
    I do remember the blizzard that shut down denver the year our broncos won their first SB !
    players were being taken to the closed down airport by neighbors on snowmobiles!
    we managed to get the plane off the ground, headed east and won the game(was that buffalo or foxboro ?)
    anyway love to hear some stories while I sip my hot chocolate here in frigid scottsdale, .

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    I have been watching NFL football since 1960...
    never seen a day like yesterday ! the Philly game in particular was crazy ! of course bronco fans all remember that MNF game where the snow started simultaneous to kick-off and before 2 minutes were done, and before our O even got on the field, the broncos had 14 points against the Packers!
    ( I think it was also halloween ?)
    what other snow games came to mind yesterday, or what snow stories do you have to tell?
    I do remember the blizzard that shut down denver the year our broncos won their first SB !
    players were being taken to the closed down airport by neighbors on snowmobiles!
    we managed to get the plane off the ground, headed east and won the game(was that buffalo or foxboro ?)
    anyway love to hear some stories while I sip my hot chocolate here in frigid scottsdale, .
    I think it was Buffalo. Yeah man yesterday was awesome. I love football in the snow! I don't remember anything like that Detroit game, that was some heavy wet snow falling in the first half.

Comment

I was reflecting on how over the past decade I have been surprised that there weren't more snow games. Even in Colorado it seems like there aren't that many.

Comment

the 1987 season finale game against the chargers. The broncos won 24-0. most of the snow games i can remember were losses.

1995 vs the chiefs L
        2002 colts L
        2004 Raiders L

Comment

Pittsburgh seems to be the only place that gets multiple snow games every year.

Comment

days like yesterday have been few and far between. I can remember some WINDY wintery games where the goalposts struggled to stay upright (cleveland / cincy)
            but the snow accumulation in philly had me struggling to remember a more snow bound game.

Comment

The Denver / Green bay snow bowl was on October 15, 1984 won by Denver 17 to 14. First 2 plays for Green Bay were fumbles which were turned into 2 TD's. It was cold and wet as hell that night. Somehow I had tickets in the Packers section at Mile High, 20 yard line, south east end of the stadium 1st level. Ended up with a ton of snow that night. Barely made it home in the snow and had the next day off as everything was snowed it.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                The Denver / Green bay snow bowl was on October 15, 1984 won by Denver 17 to 14. First 2 plays for Green Bay were fumbles which were turned into 2 TD's. It was cold and wet as hell that night. Somehow I had tickets in the Packers section at Mile High, 20 yard line, south east end of the stadium 1st level. Ended up with a ton of snow that night. Barely made it home in the snow and had the next day off as everything was snowed it.
                thanks for sharing !

Comment

The 2000 Liberty bowl between Texas A & M and Missi State was equally crazy. Other than that nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Correction Independence bowl.

Comment

also played in philly?

Comment

Shreveport, LA it was a freak storm.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/40h2f-gzTvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                          Shreveport, LA it was a freak storm.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/40h2f-gzTvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                          awesome thanks for the footage!

looks like they didnt even have any real snow equipment to deal with the freak storm, what was that they dragged behind the tractor to clear out the snow?

Comment

Polk High School, 1966...City Championship. Both end zones had 8 feet of snow piled up and one man, still the best rb I've seen save Joe Dudek, scored 4 td's in one game. Snow was so thick, you needed a knife and fork to eat it.

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P23HGNCCBi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                              X