Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patriots Historic Defense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

    The Patriots offense needs Gronk or a dynamic threat at WR. Brady isn't going to be able to beat you without a dynamic threat at this stage of his career.
    At this stage in Brady’s career, he needs a powerful running support game more than he needs receiving support.
    It’s sorta like with Elway, still able to win games late in his career but not quite able to carry a team on his own like he did during his prime; enter Terrell Davis, he was the equalizer, he was a tremendous complement to Elway’s offensive heroics late in his career and the addition of TD netted Denver back to back Championships.

    So, Brady can not longer do it by himself.
    The New England system never characterized itself by being a team reliant on the running game to win, they never had a dominant back, now, that’s not to say they’ve never had good running backs, they have, I’m saying the likes of Jerome Bettis, TD, E. Smith, Marshawn Lynch, etc... they never seemed to have one, though they relied heavily on those quick slants and short passes that when you go back and look, that was sorta their running game within their passing game, those third and short were easily converted with their powerful receivers in the slot.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by strafen View Post

      At this stage in Brady’s career, he needs a powerful running support game more than he needs receiving support.
      It’s sorta like with Elway, still able to win games late in his career but not quite able to carry a team on his own like he did during his prime; enter Terrell Davis, he was the equalizer, he was a tremendous complement to Elway’s offensive heroics late in his career and the addition of TD netted Denver back to back Championships.

      So, Brady can not longer do it by himself.
      The New England system never characterized itself by being a team reliant on the running game to win, they never had a dominant back, now, that’s not to say they’ve never had good running backs, they have, I’m saying the likes of Jerome Bettis, TD, E. Smith, Marshawn Lynch, etc... they never seemed to have one, though they relied heavily on those quick slants and short passes that when you go back and look, that was sorta their running game within their passing game, those third and short were easily converted with their powerful receivers in the slot.
      2004 with Corey Dillion. He was there for 3 years, he was a monster in 2004 and they won the SB in part due to his level of play. Outside of that they have tended to rely on scat backs and RB by committee.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

        2004 with Corey Dillion. He was there for 3 years, he was a monster in 2004 and they won the SB in part due to his level of play. Outside of that they have tended to rely on scat backs and RB by committee.
        Yup. They need one now more than at anytime under belicheat given Brady’s age if he decides to stick around.
        Even at 42 New England put everything on their offense to carry the team, and that was Brady.
        Can’t do it!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

          2004 with Corey Dillion. He was there for 3 years, he was a monster in 2004 and they won the SB in part due to his level of play. Outside of that they have tended to rely on scat backs and RB by committee.
          Brady has never really done it by himself.

          2001: More rush attempts than pass attempts. Antoine Smith: 1157 yards and 12 TD's.
          2003: Mediocre offense, rides 14.9 PPG Defense.
          2004: Corey Dillon: 1635 Yards 13 TD's, top 7 rushing attack. #2 Defense in NFL.
          2006: Draft Maroney in 1st round
          2007: Gets Randy Moss and Wes Welker to attempt to make it the Brady pass show (18-1 )
          2008: 11-5 with Matt Cassell
          2010: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Fred Taylor, Danny Woodhead attack. Top 10 Rushing offense.
          2011: The Gronk/Hernandez connection w/ Welker.
          2012: Ridley :1263 yards and 12 TD's added to the Gronk/Hernandez w/Welker and Woodhead.
          2013: Added Blount to Ridely, another top 10 rushing offense.
          2014: Probably the one contending year where Brady has to carry the team due to no running game and Gronk injury.
          2016: #1 Defense
          2018: Spends 1st round pick on Sony Michel

          I'd say since about 2014, the offense has been more Brady than anyone, but Gronk and Edelman would probably have something to say.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

            Brady has never really done it by himself.

            2001: More rush attempts than pass attempts. Antoine Smith: 1157 yards and 12 TD's.
            2003: Mediocre offense, rides 14.9 PPG Defense.
            2004: Corey Dillon: 1635 Yards 13 TD's, top 7 rushing attack. #2 Defense in NFL.
            2006: Draft Maroney in 1st round
            2007: Gets Randy Moss and Wes Welker to attempt to make it the Brady pass show (18-1 )
            2008: 11-5 with Matt Cassell
            2010: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Fred Taylor, Danny Woodhead attack. Top 10 Rushing offense.
            2011: The Gronk/Hernandez connection w/ Welker.
            2012: Ridley :1263 yards and 12 TD's added to the Gronk/Hernandez w/Welker and Woodhead.
            2013: Added Blount to Ridely, another top 10 rushing offense.
            2014: Probably the one contending year where Brady has to carry the team due to no running game and Gronk injury.
            2016: #1 Defense
            2018: Spends 1st round pick on Sony Michel

            I'd say since about 2014, the offense has been more Brady than anyone, but Gronk and Edelman would probably have something to say.
            Also every one of those should have an asterisk beside them for cheating.

            Comment


            • Put this up on another thread.
              but it fits here too.
              What happened to Barron and the maholes?
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200106_183747.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	2551605

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                Put this up on another thread.
                but it fits here too.
                What happened to Barron and the maholes?
                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200106_183747.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	2551605
                Click image for larger version

Name:	962038287-drowning-surreal-bankruptcy-recession.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	2551609

                Comment


                • Yep. total troll bait.
                  even has their favorite stem cell stuff in the pic.

                  Crickets.

                  the Mahole trolls are vanished.

                  Wonder if the KFC trailer Mahomies will Vanish in a week or two?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post

                    Rofl all you want. If for whatever reason the Chiefs jump out to a big lead (17+) early, Ravens won't come back.
                    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                    This is a really odd supposition against the league's top offense supported by a top-5 defense.

                    It's really the most complete contender the league's seen in quite awhile.
                    So as I was saying, the Ravens are not a team that can storm back into a game. I just didn't think the Titans would get to it before the Chiefs could.

                    Jackson is not a guy that can beat you with his arm, which is why he tucks and runs half the game. They were down 3 scores in the third and he was still tucking and running and throwing the underneath stuff they were giving him. He's great to watch and have on your fantasy team, but that **** don't fly in the playoffs. Ask Josh Allen.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X