Patriots Historic Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots Historic Defense

If you removes every single offensive snap from the Patriots this year they would 3-3-1. The three losses would be 0-3, 0-3, and 0-7.

This is one of the most amazing stats I’ve ever seen. It’s early, but this will easily be the best football team I’ve ever seen if they continue at even 75% this pace.

f u c k the patriots

Comment

Not to diminish the what the Patriots are doing...they are elite. But come on....They've absolutely feasted on.....bad offenses. They have eviscerated teams they are supposed to eviscerate.

Comment

There are 10 teams in the league who could have done that had they been given the same opponents.

Comment

It's amazing how some people just see numbers without context.

Comment

historic cupcake schedule !

Comment

Lmao

if Denver did this against the same opponents we’d all be screaming best defense ever and Fangio is a God.

I agree with the OP. This is something special we are watching in football. To dominate consistently over the years with one QB and one HC this long has never happened. Never. And it will never happen over this long a period again. QBs won’t be playing in their 40s let alone winning SBs in them.

Comment

I tip my cap to the patriots but this "historic" defense is a product of their schedule, and reality will diminish what looks like special for now.

Comment

2006 Broncos were giving up 7 ppg through 6 games then Indy and SD squelched that run.
                  2019 NE in turns of turnovers generated that is historical to this point. 21 is unheard of through 7 games. They are right there with the '00 Ravens and '85 Bears.

Comment

The Patriots have feasted on an absolutely pathetic AFCE over the last, what, 20 years? Same with the Niners back when they were winning SBs, they were in the lousy NFC division with Tampa and Atlanta and a bad New Orleans franchise. That said, it doesn't change the fact that those Niner teams were great teams. Same with the Pats, they are a very good team but, well, their main competition has just been historically abysmal over the last 20 years

Comment

On the O side of things, it's going to be very hard for any team to break Denver's record 606 point season in 2013. That's averaging just under 38 points per game!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
                        On the O side of things, it's going to be very hard for any team to break Denver's record 606 point season in 2013. That's averaging just under 38 points per game!
                        cheifs might have a season to contend if they can keep mahomes healthy for 16 games.

Comment

3 TDs given up by the D on the year including the SB. It is a historic D. When you make bad teams look totally inept and not belonging in the NFL that speaks volumes too. I dont care who you play it has been impressive and they are really good.

Comment

really good, yes.
                            historic ?
                            I think after they play 12 games into the season this "historic" nonesense will be moot.
                            great , so far, but 5 of their 7 wins have come against "historicly bad" teams.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                              There are 10 teams in the league who could have done that had they been given the same opponents.
                              Name them

Comment

Working...
                              X