Broncos vs. Titans: Game Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos vs. Titans: Game Notes

Now that breaking every Offensive record in the book appears to be a mere formality, the Broncos need to take care of business and stay healthy. Let's get to it.

1. Sly Williams forced a holding call against Chance Warmack, and made a nice TFL later in the game. I'm not saying the dude 'flashed', but he did show signs of life. Hopefully he can build on it.
    2. Looks like Omar Bolden and Ihenacho are duking it out for snaps at Safety. Omar's got a long way to go, but made a couple plays. It's pretty obvious that the Broncos are not happy with Ihenacho's performance this year.
    3. Anybody hear any word on Rahim Moore? Hope he can start practicing in a few weeks.
    4. Looks like their none too happy with Wood either. Lenin was in early and often, with mixed results.
    5. The weakest link on the team, remains to be Kayvon Webster. On pregame, he revealed that he gets a clear-coat pedi every week. All I want for Christmas is Champ Bailey's foot to heal (and Derek Wolfe to stop having seizures).
    6. At one point the Broncos had Fua, Unrein, Webster, Bolden, Adams, Lenin, and Jammer all on the field at the same time. That's 7 starters out on D if anyone is counting.
    7. Trevathan now has 104 tackles on the year. At the start of the year, he was my wildcard. I was hoping he would show up in a big way. He's even better than I imagined.
    8. Chris Harris is a rock. Harris Jr. and Trev playing at a probowl level.
    9. Von's going bananas again, what a sight for sore eyes.
    10. Not sure if anybody else noticed, but Julius Thomas learned how to block while his knee was healing.
    11. On a side note, that means that the Broncos Offense is pretty much unstoppable.
    12. Montee Ball follows up his breakout party with another smooth Wisconsin-like performance...running through Bernard Pollard for a TD. NFL take note.
    13. Knowshon just picks up first downs by any means necessary. Shoelace catches, 4th and 1...no problem. Broncos are pushing to end the year top 10 in rushing.
    14. If opposing Defenses thought it was bad enough, DT just took it to another level.
    15. Decker isn't Deckering anymore, he's flat out ballin'...other than yelling at Munchak for no reason (which is Deckering at it's finest).
    16. Take some time to heal Welker. In the meantime, I'm just fine with Tamme (who doesn't juggle the rock on every catch).
    17. For all the doubters, Johnny Trauma says "stick it where the sun don't shine". Courtesy of Dave Logan KOA.
    Last edited by pricejj; 12-08-2013, 10:31 PM.

18. Wall for Ball, right before Montee sticks Pollard, and spins around him for a TD. Beautiful ain't it?
    Attached Files

Comment

4. Looks like their none too happy with Wood either. Lenin was in early and often, with mixed results.

Some people have posted that they heard that they were being rotated to keep them fresh. Short week and all.

Comment

Defensive starters were being spelled frequently. It wasn't a mass campaign to revamp our entire D right before playoffs.

Comment

He wasn't yelling at Munchak for no reason. Munchak was telling his players to deliberately fall down when Manning went hurry up. Decker heard him say it, I was sitting just a few rows back and watched it happen.

He also gave 31 some knuckles after one of his questionable plays.

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
          Now that breaking every Offensive record in the book appears to be a mere formality, the Broncos need to take care of business and stay healthy. Let's get to it.

1. Sly Williams forced a holding call against Chance Warmack, and made a nice TFL later in the game. I'm not saying the dude 'flashed', but he did show signs of life. Hopefully he can build on it.
          2. Looks like Omar Bolden and Ihenacho are duking it out for snaps at Safety. Omar's got a long way to go, but made a couple plays. It's pretty obvious that the Broncos are not happy with Ihenacho's performance this year.
          3. Anybody hear any word on Rahim Moore? Hope he can start practicing in a few weeks.
          5. The weakest link on the team, remains to be Kayvon Webster. On pregame, he revealed that he gets a clear-coat pedi every week. All I want for Christmas is Champ Bailey's foot to heal (and Derek Wolfe to stop having seizures).
          6. At one point the Broncos had Fua, Unrein, Webster, Bolden, Adams, Lenin, and Jammer all on the field at the same time. That's 7 starters out on D if anyone is counting.
          7. Trevathan now has 104 tackles on the year. At the start of the year, he was my wildcard. I was hoping he would show up in a big way. He's even better than I imagined.
          8. Chris Harris is a rock. Harris Jr. and Trev playing at a probowl level.
          9. Von's going bananas again, what a sight for sore eyes.
          10. Not sure if anybody else noticed, but Julius Thomas learned how to block while his knee was healing.
          11. On a side note, that means that the Broncos Offense is pretty much unstoppable.
          12. Montee Ball follows up his breakout party with another smooth Wisconsin-like performance...running through Bernard Pollard for a TD. NFL take note.
          13. Knowshon just picks up first downs by any means necessary. Shoelace catches, 4th and 1...no problem. Broncos are pushing to end the year top 10 in rushing.
          14. If opposing Defenses thought it was bad enough, DT just took it to another level.
          15. Decker isn't Deckering anymore, he's flat out ballin'...other than yelling at Munchak for no reason (which is Deckering at it's finest).
          16. Take some time to heal Welker. In the meantime, I'm just fine with Tamme (who doesn't juggle the rock on every catch).
          17. For all the doubters, Johnny Trauma says "stick it where the sun don't shine". Courtesy of Dave Logan KOA.

Comment

Price,

My understanding is Moore can't practice until somewhere near the playoffs, but won't be eligible to play until either the Divisional or AFCCG.

That said, it is painfully obvious that the Broncos really miss him.

Comment

Moore can come back to practice around Christmas, and could play in the ACFCG. That's if he's healed, a big if.

Comment

Not happy with Nacho is all relative. The dude was UDFA and worked into the starting lineup. Plus he's a year two guy. I like the value.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                  He wasn't yelling at Munchak for no reason. Munchak was telling his players to deliberately fall down when Manning went hurry up. Decker heard him say it, I was sitting just a few rows back and watched it happen.
                  That wasn't a fake injury. The Titans FS Michael Griffin almost knocked himself out trying to tackle Montee Ball, and had to come off the field.

Titans weren't douchebags, so there's no reason to treat them like that. I could understand getting heated if you're playing some cheating, cheap-shot artists like the Pats/Sea Chickens...but not the Titans.
                  Last edited by pricejj; 12-08-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Ball and Moreno have turned into one nasty duo. Something really clicked for Ball after that fumble and benching in the New England game.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                      That wasn't a fake injury. The Titans FS Michael Griffin almost knocked himself out trying to tackle Montee Ball, and had to come off the field.

Decker should STFU, unless he wants to get his clock cleaned on a regular basis.
                      No you should shut the **** up. Munchack was doing it all day.

Edit: you really don't need to shut the **** up, just using it the context of your post.

Maybe that was legit, I was focused on watching the altercation between the two. I think the Broncos were on to what they were doing and Decker heard him tell Griffin to go down and that is why he flipped.

It was a build up of them doing it all day.
                      Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-08-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj
                        Doing what? Titans only had one other injury (a DL) IIRC. It didn't seem at all like they were deliberately trying to slow down the clock. There weren't even any skirmishes, except when Pollard took off his helmet after Welker was concussed.

For the most part, they were nice guys.
                        Here is my vantage point, I trust it a whole lot better than you and your TV:

There were some questionable "injuries". Off the top of my head, 53 went down twice when Manning went to hurry up.

It's a tool used around the league because you can't really stop it. Have to assume it is an injury.

No big deal, we still kicked their ass. But Decker wasn't crying for no reason, and believe me, I have not been the biggest supporter of Decker.

And do you know why the skirmish happened when Pollard took his helmet off? It's because one of the Broncos trainers accidentally bumped him and Pollard shoved the dude, nearly knocking him down.

All he was trying to do was get to Welker.
                        Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-08-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah, well, during one of the fake Tenn "injuries" one of the Titans douches took a swing at one of our trainers on the field. Don't even try to say that they're not douches. Just don't.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post

And do you know why the skirmish happened when Pollard took his helmet off? It's because one of the Broncos trainers accidentally bumped him and Pollard shoved the dude, nearly knocking him down.
                            Yeah, didn't catch that on the replay. Even the thuggish Ravens didn't want Pollard anymore, that dude is a piece of work.
                            Last edited by pricejj; 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewer View Post
                              Yeah, well, during one of the fake Tenn "injuries" one of the Titans douches took a swing at one of our trainers on the field. Don't even try to say that they're not douches. Just don't.
                              It was Pollard. The trainer innocently bumped him and he damn near threw him to the ground. One of the lineman, I think it was Beadles, was about to rip his arms off and beat him with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X