Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

No.

They did it because they wanted to sign Jano and Simmons THIS year! They got Jano. Simmons peeps want to wait until after the season to get more $$$. Couldnt have predicted that. They could have had an eye on someone too. Does not matter.

What matters and what you keep missing is we had to pay Joe 18 mil. This year we paid him like 3. Next year we pay him 15. That still adds up to 18. So it 100% is irrelevant. Either way we were paying that bum 18 large. For 3 games this year or for 16 next year that he wont be on the team. He was still getting his 18.

What we do know is this:
    Flacco wont be here next year- regardless if we paid him 18 this year or 3/15
    Jano resigned this year and possibly cost us less money by getting him done now before he gets into the open market
    Simmons we had the money to get him done this year- he decided he would rather wait to hit FA and get a larger bank roll. Had he not wanted to wait- we would have been able to re-sign him.
    Had we not done the flacco deal and simmons wanted to get done this year-we would not have been able to.

Either of those last two scenarios would have led to endless posts from you about how elway ****ed up by letting simmons hit FA and costing more money or by us not having enough cash to get simmons done when he would have before he hit FA. (And I would not have disagreed with you either). Fortunately- we do not have to worry about it. It would be a lot nicer if Simmons would just do the deal but I 100% get why he is not wanting too. I thought maybe after he got the pro bowl snub maybe that would help us.

they already knew Simmons talks were done before the season started. They were in negotiations/talks before the season started and both sides wanted to wait until years end. So how’s that play into needing cap space for 2019? They were never going to extend Simmons during the season. Janos cap hit could’ve been moved into a signing bonus so there’s no need to make that much room for him. The one thing that makes sense was they had an eye on a player for trade that was going to take up some cap room for this year..My guess was an OL.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

no chance. Chuck it up and pray Joe and the refs dominated that post season.
      Anquan was the guy answering those prayers most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Anquan was the guy answering those prayers most of the time.
        ok. SO, Refs, Joe, jacoby jones, refs again, then Anquan

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

they already knew Simmons talks were done before the season started. They were in negotiations/talks before the season started and both sides wanted to wait until years end. So how’s that play into needing cap space for 2019? They were never going to extend Simmons during the season. Janos cap hit could’ve been moved into a signing bonus so there’s no need to make that much room for him. The one thing that makes sense was they had an eye on a player for trade that was going to take up some cap room for this year..My guess was an OL.
          Trent Williams maybe? Wouldve been nice

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Trent Williams maybe? Wouldve been nice
            Could’ve been. Weird how that played out in Wash. maybe broncos got wind of the health scare.

Comment

Working...
            X