No announcement yet.

Keenan Allen is truly an embarrassment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keenan Allen is truly an embarrassment.

This is a perfect example of a topic that needs to be covered outside of the "Broncos news and rumors" thread.

Is Keenan Allen really this much of a head case? I don't hear all that much stuff from him, when you compare him to other WR divas. But when it comes to the Broncos, he's completely insane. It's almost painful to watch (well, not that painful). Some people just have no feel for how their actions are perceived.

I know you want to hear a story from my youth. And I am going to oblige you. When I was in 7th grade, I knew a kid that was always spouting off to people - to the point where even the most passive kids wanted to beat him down. He was slightly overweight. He had a lazy eye. He had a screechy voice. He had a name that was just made for 7th grade humor (I won't mention it, but think something like Anthony Wiener). And he had a knack for noticing the absolute worst feature about someone, and then mocking it as loudly and unkindly as possible. In retrospect, he was probably scared and insecure.But it was impossible for anyone to see that far when he's screeching rhymes about a girl's weight, or a boy's bad complexion, or a girl's poor hygiene.

So, one day, we're headed out to a track meet in Limon, of all places; and this kid zeroes in on this small, quiet girl (how she ended up on his radar, I don't know), named Leslie. For a solid hour, as we headed east on I-70, he just screeched on and on with stuff that had to just cut to the quick of this poor girl. Finally, she had just had enough. We didn't hear a single word from her, mind you, during the entire process. But when she erupted, it was glorious. He had been tossing around a pair of track spikes - Limon had an old, cinder track, so we had something like 3/4" spikes in our shoes. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, she had one of the shoes, and she was just pummeling him with it, her other hand, and one foot. And his reaction was - well, it was uncomfortable - he sort of curled into the fetal position, and made this unholy, almost demonic screech. And this little girl - probably no more than about 70 pounds - was just screaming and screaming back, and punctuating each word with a shot from the shoe and its eight 3/4" spikes. (Think something like, "****! You! Tony! You! Little! Maggot! Piece! Of! ****! You! Never! Talk! To! Me! Or! Look! At! Me! With! Your! ****ing! Lazy! Eye! Again! You! Got! That! Tony? Never! Again! Never! Never! NEVER!")

Nobody moved to stop it. It wasn't even that we felt it was justified (which it mostly was). It was just so shocking, we were stunned into silence. When she finally ran out of steam, this kid is just a bloody mess, and he's just whimpering/babbling. ("OhmygodohmygodwhatdidyoudoyouhurtmeYOUHURTMEmymo misgoingtomakeyoupayYOULITTLEBITCH!") In the aftermath, it was so painful to watch, almost no one spoke of it. You would think it would become ammo to taunt him with, whenever he'd start bugging you (and, amazingly, it didn't seem to change him much - he was still a little prick - but never again to the little girl named Leslie). But I bet all of use who were in the back of the van remember it vividly, to this day.

Long story short, when Keenan Allen keeps having some of the worst games of his career - and afterward, he is so owned that he does the online version of irrationally screeching, the cringe almost makes you want to look away. Almost. What would possess someone to talk the loudest trash to the bully that repeatedly humiliates him? Philip Rivers needs to stage an intervention, at this point. I can't wait until we play them again.

Chargers' Keenan Allen says Broncos CB Chris Harris 'can't hold my jockstrap'

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Frustrated by his stat line against the Denver Broncos last week, Los Angeles Chargers receiver Keenan Allen took to social media to voice his displeasure.

Allen said the following in the comments section of an Instagram post from a fan account of Broncos cornerback Chris Harris: "Now, y'all know damn well that boy can't hold my jockstrap. Stop it."

Allen confirmed those comments to reporters in the locker room Thursday.

"Go watch the tape, man," Allen told reporters. "It's not a secret."

Allen finished with a season-low four catches for 18 yards on six targets in the 20-13 loss to the Broncos last week. The Chargers (2-3) failed to score a touchdown on offense for the first time this season.

"I guess it was a tough day ... for the offense," Allen said when asked about the team's struggles. "... Turnovers in the red zone a couple times, couldn't get it done. It was turnovers. It was self-inflicting wounds."

It's not the first time Allen has criticized Harris and the Broncos. He also did it last season after the Chargers' 23-22 loss to Denver.

"No, I don't think they played well at all," Allen said after the 2018 loss. "We dominated the game. Turnovers. We gave them some points and that's what happened. They suck."

Allen leads the Chargers in receptions (38) and receiving yards (470) through five games. He also has three touchdown receptions.

Keenan Allen is probably one of those people who think the Earth is flat.

Comment

Right on Keenan...try to not get injured on the way to the back of the bus.

Comment

Said it in the other thread. Averages 5 catches and 45 yards per game in his career against Denver. As a #1 WR with an All-Pro QB....that's not great. He's had 2 decent games, his 9 catches for 89 yards and 1TD last year....in a loss to our terrible team. Then a 9 catch 73 Yard game with 1 TD in a blow out loss to our pretty good team in 2014. In 7 other games he averages 3.5 Catches and 35 yards. Practically an afterthought.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
          Said it in the other thread. Averages 5 catches and 45 yards per game in his career against Denver. As a #1 WR with an All-Pro QB....that's not great. He's had 2 decent games, his 9 catches for 89 yards and 1TD last year....in a loss to our terrible team. Then a 9 catch 73 Yard game with 1 TD in a blow out loss to our pretty good team in 2014. In 7 other games he averages 3.5 Catches and 35 yards. Practically an afterthought.
          Yep and against Harris specifically he averages 2 catches, 25 yards.

Comment

The Broncos are in his head.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	334
Size:	784.0 KB
ID:	2505546

Comment

I want to hear more about Tony and when he got to high school. How about Leslie, did she score any boyfriends? Get an update from her via FB. We will wait.

Comment

I was expecting Dom to end his incredibly verbose story Kamala Harris style.

“That little boy in the back of the van on the way to Limon...that little boy...was me.”

Comment

Limon was the best track I've ever ran on. Made it to State in 3 events that day. 1 mile, 4x400 relay, and 4x200 relay. Barely missed State in the 800. It was the only year I ran HS track. I was 16. No cleats. It felt like running on an Olympic track after running on dirt roads all Spring. Those guys were loaded with federal disaster relief money after the tornado hit.

Comment

Originally posted by delany View Post
                      I was expecting Dom to end his incredibly verbose story Kamala Harris style.

“That little boy in the back of the van on the way to Limon...that little boy...was me.”
                      Verbose? Pfft! You were sitting on the edge of your seat. I already have an offer from Lifetime for the movie rights. Leslie will be played by one of the Maras, and Tony by a Face Off type character from fat John Travolta.

Comment

Keenan Allen was regarded as the best DB in the entire country coming out of High School. The Broncos are 11-4 against the Chargers since Allen entered the NFL. If Allen admits to being owned by the Broncos (outside of scoring 2 TD's against us in a Thursday night win back in 2013), he would have to admit defeat to what has been historically his biggest rival (even though we've sucked for the last 4 years). In his mind, it would probably break him.

Comment

I thought Keenan would have a big game tonight. Now he’s failed to reach 50 yards in three straight games. This is the only time in his 7 year career.

Comment

Working...
                          X