Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys see either of these reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys see either of these reports?

From Jason La Canfora:
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...fore-deadline/

From Ian Rapaport:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Seems like a clear message from Elway to the coaching staff and team - get it together, or else we're blowing everything up. Yesterday was a good start. Next week against the Titans is a must-win IMO if the Broncos want to turn it around and actually try to make things interesting. Then it's home vs. Kansas City and at Indy. We're going to have trouble winning both of those games. The NFL trade deadline will be after Week 8. If Denver can win two out of the next three to go to 3-5, I can see Elway standing pat. Less than that, and we could be looking at a fire sale IMO.

Yeah Elway lets try to win games with your 3rd round pick Yaidom who for some reason wants to grad shoulder pads and act like its not his fault.

Comment

Doubt it. those stories look like the typical speculation on a 0-4 team. same type of speculation has been on the Mane since 0-1.

Comment

Those are just made up speculative reports. Miller isnt tradeable without creating some big cap space.

Comment

it was weird when romo was talking about how von's agent had to go to him and tell him to 'have fun' something about Von gets paid alot of money to play football so enjoy it. i guess von's looking to skip town a bit. maybe they should move him.

Comment

Yup, I posted them yesterday.

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...58#post2502958

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
              it was weird when romo was talking about how von's agent had to go to him and tell him to 'have fun' something about Von gets paid alot of money to play football so enjoy it. i guess von's looking to skip town a bit. maybe they should move him.
              And his agent mentioned to him he isnt tradeablewoth cap hit and overpaid so enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                Those are just made up speculative reports. Miller isnt tradeable without creating some big cap space.
                He could agree to restructure to lessen the cap hit if he gets traded to a situation/team he likes.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  Yeah, Von almost certainly won't be traded. But Harris, Sanders, and a few others certainly could be. And perhaps should be.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    Oops, sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Oops, sorry about that.
                      Lol, no worries. I don't expect you to see every post. Just pointing you where to go to see what little discussion there was on the topic. Things like this used to generate 20 page discussions. Now they barely get a half dozen responses.

Comment

Yeah, Von almost certainly won't be traded. But Harris, Sanders, and a few others certainly could be. And perhaps should be.
                        If we win 2-3 more before the trade deadline and get to 3-5 or better, then I'd agree. But if we blow it against the Titans and wind up at 1-7, things could get pretty ugly around here. No sense in paying an aging Von for a team going nowhere. Sadly, I think both Harris and Sanders at a minimum could be gone in either scenario.

Comment

Agree on all account. I'd rather have 2 players vs Von like the 2 Smiths in GB vs 1 Von. I love Miller too but I think you have to take an Eagles/Pat's type philosophy and have several good players for depth vs 1 great player and scrubs.

Comment

Lol, no worries. I don't expect you to see every post. Just pointing you where to go to see what little discussion there was on the topic. Things like this used to generate 20 page discussions. Now they barely get a half dozen responses.
                            Thanks, lol. Yeah, it's all rumor and conjecture at this point. Just thought it was interesting. I should note that both articles were written before yesterday's game. So whatever sources they used could have been expecting 0-5. I know Elway is reluctant to rebuild and admit that we're far from contending, but if we blow it against the Titans and head into the trading deadline at 1-7, it would sure be hard to argue otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Thanks, lol. Yeah, it's all rumor and conjecture at this point. Just thought it was interesting. I should note that both articles were written before yesterday's game. So whatever sources they used could have been expecting 0-5. I know Elway is reluctant to rebuild and admit that we're far from contending, but if we blow it against the Titans and head into the trading deadline at 1-7, it would sure be hard to argue otherwise.
                              Meh. Team legacy and a base to grow from aren't worth trading in for 6th and 7th rounders. IMHO. Unless they've entered "can't wait to get out of here" locker room cancer mode

Comment

Working...
                              X