Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is something I never thought I would say. Bolles has not been flagged in 3 games. Yes, that is crazy considering his dance with Mr. Mack. I'm very impressed and wanted to hear others thoughts.

Bolles certainly deserves some credit, but so does Munchak. He's showing why he's so highly rated as an o-line coach as the play of th line has been improving, contrast that to what we've seen in the last few years where we often had a respectable start, only to see everything unravel down the stretch. Offseason is offseason, I always felt that we'd really see the mettle of this coaching staff once the season starts and the live bullets start flying, it takes time for a coach to really impose his will and his philosophy on the players and I think you actually need a little adversity and a few problems to help focus everyone's minds on what they should be doing differently.

I'm seeing this team improve its performance every week and - I would have said that last week too even after we just went 0-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckv111 View Post
      This is something I never thought I would say. Bolles has not been flagged in 3 games. Yes, that is crazy considering his dance with Mr. Mack. I'm very impressed and wanted to hear others thoughts.
      I had intended to post exactly this, but you beat me to it. O-Linemen like it better when no one is mentioning their name or number. Seems like Bolles has been getting it done the last few games... at the very least, he's has not been doing any harm.

That needs to continue.

Comment

His man got the strip sack on Flacco but joe was also too deep from the look of it. He’s doing better for sure though it helps that refs deelphasized holding after week 3

Comment

65 has made up for his holds.

Comment

I said the first week was bullsh*t and that they should have looked to that ref crew for answers. I like Bolles. Him and Riser don't quit until the play is over.

Comment

Our biggest weakness on the O-line tis clearly RT right now. I'm hoping that if and when Juwann James gets healthy, he is what we paid him to be. This line might look pretty good in 3-4 weeks.

Comment

His on field attitude has toned down seemingly. That may be the biggest reason.

But there is always next week!!!!!!

Comment

The message got through however it was delivered. Love to see the change. Keep it up. Munchak was an unbelievable pickup but GB has to perform on the field.

Comment

We need James back at RT and then Eli can be the swing tackle and can also play guard if/when Leary gets hurt or benched if he keeps giving free hits on Flacco. I think Eli could be the answer at guard when leary moves on in the offseason. He is a real physical guy but struggles in space. I hope Bolles can keep this consistency up for the rest of the season. The critics who say he shouldnt be in the league (stink, the majority of the fanbase) should acknowledge that while Bolles has had his struggles he has played a lot of good games in this league.

I remember last season Stink on the fan talking all week saying Bolles was going to get beat like a drum leading up to games against the Cardinals (Chandler Jones) and the Browns ( Myles Garrett) and Bolles shut them both down and played very well. Then the week after Stink doesnt say **** or give Bolles props. I respect Stinks football knowledge but i wonder if it is something personal with Bolles maybe he blew Stink off at training camp or something. The funny thing is when we drafted Bolles it was Stink who said he was one of the most athletic tackles he had seen and he liked him better than Ramchek and was a better fit as a LT.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckv111 View Post
                      Bolles is a good athlete, seemed to get lazy at times, would just wrestle a passrusher to the ground. I guess he thought "Hell, I'll just wrestle this passrusher to the ground! Nobody will see it!"

Hopefully he's turned a corner. Dude really is a good athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
                        We need James back at RT and then Eli can be the swing tackle and can also play guard if/when Leary gets hurt or benched if he keeps giving free hits on Flacco. I think Eli could be the answer at guard when leary moves on in the offseason. He is a real physical guy but struggles in space. I hope Bolles can keep this consistency up for the rest of the season. The critics who say he shouldnt be in the league (stink, the majority of the fanbase) should acknowledge that while Bolles has had his struggles he has played a lot of good games in this league.

I remember last season Stink on the fan talking all week saying Bolles was going to get beat like a drum leading up to games against the Cardinals (Chandler Jones) and the Browns ( Myles Garrett) and Bolles shut them both down and played very well. Then the week after Stink doesnt say **** or give Bolles props. I respect Stinks football knowledge but i wonder if it is something personal with Bolles maybe he blew Stink off at training camp or something. The funny thing is when we drafted Bolles it was Stink who said he was one of the most athletic tackles he had seen and he liked him better than Ramchek and was a better fit as a LT.
                        Stink went overboard with many of his comments.

Comment

He did give up the strip sack yesterday, but that's probably half on him and half on Flacco.

Comment

The “de-emphasis” on offensive holding by the officials is another reason Bolles calls are down.

Comment

Amazing when he said he will work on it and it "will end" and true to his word, his name has not been heard much which for tv on the OL, that is a great sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X