Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring, ring: It’s Joe Ellis. You’re in charge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring, ring: It’s Joe Ellis. You’re in charge.

You’re all so smart. Just like me. You know how to fix this team, (because who doesn’t?)

You have 5 moves to save our franchise; you do what?

Fire YOU!

Comment

1- Clean House #1

Fangio, love the guy. I’ve supported him greatly. I’m not saying he’s a bad coach. Man is a genius. But there’s one thing he can’t do. It’s change, it’s adapt. He’s stuck in his ways and our best players are being wasted trying to live his fantasy. I’d go outside the box, scout college coaches, bring in some youth and modernism.

2- Clean House #2

After the first phase of cleaning house, this team is going to need leadership. Lots of it. But it’s also going to need capital. You keep the true blue Broncos in Miller and Wolf. Trade the divas like Sanders (love him though) and CHJ. Cut or trade the guys that make no sense at all. Heurman, Butt, Booker, Nelson. And yes, Bolles. Man is a liability. Somebody will trade SOMETHING for him.

3- Build around our youth.

Sutton, Lindsay, Freeman, Risner, Chubb, (Lock?) We know we can win with those guys. Throw Fant in there. We play to these guys strengths (scheme, draft, fa), and we can win some fking ball games.

4- Draft Trenches

We all want that magic cover corner. Speeding fast receiver. Truthfully? I’d be okay if each and every draft pick was OL and DL. Our trenches are garbage and for decades, winning in the trenches has been a constant in Broncos football. These QBs are dancing in their backfields against us, and their defenders are dancing in ours. Munchak would be the only coach I would keep on this staff. I think he’s done an okay job with the garbage he has been given.

5- Stop Investing in Injured players.

Self explanatory.

Comment

Negotiating myself a pay raise and a new ten year extensions with iron clade stipulations for compensation if I get terminated

Comment

Go back in time and don't IR Lock, go further back in time and don't trade for Flacco, go even further back in time, maybe send a machine, or a human-looking machine to kill Tom Brady's mother before she even gets pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
            1- Clean House #1

Fangio, love the guy. I’ve supported him greatly. I’m not saying he’s a bad coach. Man is a genius. But there’s one thing he can’t do. It’s change, it’s adapt. He’s stuck in his ways and our best players are being wasted trying to live his fantasy. I’d go outside the box, scout college coaches, bring in some youth and modernism.

2- Clean House #2

After the first phase of cleaning house, this team is going to need leadership. Lots of it. But it’s also going to need capital. You keep the true blue Broncos in Miller and Wolf. Trade the divas like Sanders (love him though) and CHJ. Cut or trade the guys that make no sense at all. Heurman, Butt, Booker, Nelson. And yes, Bolles. Man is a liability. Somebody will trade SOMETHING for him.

3- Build around our youth.

Sutton, Lindsay, Freeman, Risner, Chubb, (Lock?) We know we can win with those guys. Throw Fant in there. We play to these guys strengths (scheme, draft, fa), and we can win some fking ball games.

4- Draft Trenches

We all want that magic cover corner. Speeding fast receiver. Truthfully? I’d be okay if each and every draft pick was OL and DL. Our trenches are garbage and for decades, winning in the trenches has been a constant in Broncos football. These QBs are dancing in their backfields against us, and their defenders are dancing in ours. Munchak would be the only coach I would keep on this staff. I think he’s done an okay job with the garbage he has been given.

5- Stop Investing in Injured players.

Self explanatory.
            No. 1 After 4 games "he can't do. It's change, its adapt." Your fired and you aren't supporting him greatly. You probably haven't coached a Pop Warner game. A very ignorant comment here.

No. 2 They will clean house. They just have to do it in stages. Not enough contract flexibility or money is available to do it quickly and stay in the CAP unless they are all young guys.. Easy to say, difficult to do.

No. 3 Build around our youth. All these guys are playing. They are already doing this.

No. 4 Concept is absolutely correct. Winning has been a constant in Broncos football. Not really. The absolute best was the 95-99 seasons. It hasn't been very good for a lot of off years. Even though I like a lot of the 80s OL/DL, when it came to the SB games this weakness was exposed.

No. 5 Agreed but there are opportunities that will be passed. This was Shanahan's undoing both in FA and the draft.

Comment

I sign Flacco to a 10 year extensions. Declare my intentions to make him the oldest active QB in league.

Trade and sign for Darnold then release him before his first game.

Declare Bolles a Bronco for life.

Order me up a $20 burger from Elways...Come to this board to hear the lamentation of the women

Comment

Not sure if this counts as a "move" but I keep the coaching staff. They have had 4 games together. Need to give them time, really 3 years for Vic at least and 2 for Scangarello. The problem is we don;t have the players, we just don't have the talent.

1) Ok so my first change is stop dropping Von into coverage. Vic has to tweak some things. Restructure Von so he can retire a Bronco. I feel he would if the scheme changes a little...

2) Middle of D line, sorry, love you Wolfe but it is over. There are some really good FA in 2020 and/or draft (?). At least get some space eaters. Potroast, where are ya?

3) Find a captain at ILB. Get a stud as backbone or draft (whoops!). LB is also really good at the top for FA.

4) Try your damn hardest to keep Sanders and possibly (won;t happen) CHJ (Elway messed that up). Without Sanders our O looks way different. Plus he is a leader and should sign a doable contract ext.

5) I don't believe in Lock being the future. Trade him for picks, package him up , idk, just move on. I just don't see the special factor. Find a play maker athlete at QB.

Bonus) Bolles can ride the pine next year, extend Simmons and Parks, should be able to without overpaying.

That's all I got thinking off the cuff!

Comment

1) Trade Emmanuel Sanders for a 4th round pick. If I can get more great, but need to get at least a 4th rounder.

2) Trade Chris Harris Jr. for a another 4th round pick. Once again, if I can get more great. But I need at least a 4th round pick.

3) Begin heavily scouting offensive linemen in college. Get Munchak involved. Find the guys he likes and thinks he can build upon.

4) Start scouting out Interior Linebackers in college. This is Fangio's bag. He should be able to help us target a couple of keepers.

5) Offer Jim Irsay shares in a chain of Colorado Dispensaries for the rights to Andrew Luck in case the big doof gets bored touring Europe.

Comment

i'd probably just try to talk elway into hiring a really good gm and go back upstairs like he's supposed to be. firing a coach after a season is dumb and the staff we have right now is impressive, it just hasn't translated yet.

Comment

Blow the whole ****ing thing up from front office down. I could see from training camp this was a ****ty team an I am just a fan. Your paid professional coaches and management should be embarrassed.

Comment

Trade drew lock and booker for mahomes. Id even toss in a 4th just to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                          Not sure if this counts as a "move" but I keep the coaching staff. They have had 4 games together. Need to give them time, really 3 years for Vic at least and 2 for Scangarello. The problem is we don;t have the players, we just don't have the talent.

1) Ok so my first change is stop dropping Von into coverage. Vic has to tweak some things. Restructure Von so he can retire a Bronco. I feel he would if the scheme changes a little...

2) Middle of D line, sorry, love you Wolfe but it is over. There are some really good FA in 2020 and/or draft (?). At least get some space eaters. Potroast, where are ya?

3) Find a captain at ILB. Get a stud as backbone or draft (whoops!). LB is also really good at the top for FA.

4) Try your damn hardest to keep Sanders and possibly (won;t happen) CHJ (Elway messed that up). Without Sanders our O looks way different. Plus he is a leader and should sign a doable contract ext.

5) I don't believe in Lock being the future. Trade him for picks, package him up , idk, just move on. I just don't see the special factor. Find a play maker athlete at QB.

Bonus) Bolles can ride the pine next year, extend Simmons and Parks, should be able to without overpaying.

That's all I got thinking off the cuff!

Seriously? U are fired for just making that comment! Parks received one of the lowest grades ever (around 2.7) for the Jaguars game. But lets extend that??!?! hell no!

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

1) Trade Emmanuel Sanders for a 4th round pick. If I can get more great, but need to get at least a 4th rounder.

2) Trade Chris Harris Jr. for a another 4th round pick. Once again, if I can get more great. But I need at least a 4th round pick.

3) Begin heavily scouting offensive linemen in college. Get Munchak involved. Find the guys he likes and thinks he can build upon.

4) Start scouting out Interior Linebackers in college. This is Fangio's bag. He should be able to help us target a couple of keepers.

5) Offer Jim Irsay shares in a chain of Colorado Dispensaries for the rights to Andrew Luck in case the big doof gets bored touring Europe.
                            I hate selling team identity guys like Sanders off for future scrub nobodies. He may be gone in the offseason regardless, but I think, as a GM, it's important to at least attempt to re-sign guys like Sanders. At least so the locker room can see it really is just business when he leaves instead of a lack of appreciation.

Harris already got a pouter's raise, and I don't think he wants to say, so I might trade him to a contender. I think a 4th is pretty optimistic though.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoBuff View Post

Seriously? U are fired for just making that comment! Parks received one of the lowest grades ever (around 2.7) for the Jaguars game. But lets extend that??!?! hell no!
                              Parlks was like a 6th round pick and at he very least provides depth, few ganes into new scheme, entire D played soft that game. I'm not going to bat for him but let's get real, I didn't say he should get a 4 yr 36 million dollar contract. idk, offer him a competitive 2 year, like i said, w/o overpaying.

My post must have been ok considering that sticks in your craw! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X