Back from the ledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the ledge

First thing's first. Expectations were out of hand. I was as bad as most. Guilty as charged.

That said, the running game started to spark. D is much less exciting than Wade's gold standard, but still not a complete liability. Players will have to adjust. Big factor on the other side that I don't think we accounted enough for was Scang's learning curve. Guy has some solid concepts I think, but has never called games before. That part will take time.

Like it or not, we're on this bus for two seasons minimum. I'm now resigned to looking for signs of growth, both in player/scheme comfort, and in coaching staff. Here's to hoping.

The good news is we will have a lot of high draft picks the next two seasons. The bad news is Elway will likely be making them.

Comment

I don't think I've seen a team that is solid offensively and defensively that completely lacks big/explosive plays.

Its ****ing weird.

Comment

I think this team is tracking in the right direction. I was disappointed in yesterday's game simply because of the turnovers and another TD nullified by a horrible call. That said, Flacco was correct in his post game when he said the Broncos just have to put it all together, that is, all the pieces have to be mistake free and working in conjunction with the game plan. This team is not good enough to overcome bad calls and turnovers but it is good enough to win games if they can tie it all together. Great news is the Bolles did not get one holding penalty called against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
          I don't think I've seen a team that is solid offensively and defensively that completely lacks big/explosive plays.

Its ****ing weird.
          Yah, no sacks or turnovers by the defense. As for the offense, they put together some big plays but it hasn't necessarily resulted in a lot of points, case-and-point, the TD run yesterday that was called back because of a tricky-tack holding penalty by a WR...

Comment

Good thread.

honestly I feel better as a fan than I have in a long time. Not that I’m happy, and not that I don’t want firings, but that my expectations are finally realistic and I don’t have the emotional gut wrenching I once did because I know we suck and I just want improvement.

We have been a spoiled franchise since the 90’s and it’s about time we started to become rational again. We aren’t good. We won’t be good with a few changes.

we need to just improve and rebuild. I’m in for it and my sundays are relaxing because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
              The good news is we will have a lot of high draft picks the next two seasons. The bad news is Elway will likely be making them.
              I'm not so sure. The team isn't good but it isn't super bad either. Unfortunately they may well rally and get 7 wins or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

Yah, no sacks or turnovers by the defense. As for the offense, they put together some big plays but it hasn't necessarily resulted in a lot of points, case-and-point, the TD run yesterday that was called back because of a tricky-tack holding penalty by a WR...
                That call was complete bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by manchambo View Post

I'm not so sure. The team isn't good but it isn't super bad either. Unfortunately they may well rally and get 7 wins or so.
                  I'm predicting 4-12 at this point with an 0-5 start. We have a conservative offense that doesn't score points and turns the ball over, plus a conservative defense that is essentially playing prevent for 60 minutes. That is a bad combo. Would love to be wrong about this, but unless there are some major scheme changes and/or Lock comes back earlier than expected and sets the world on fire, I just don't see it. We're primed to suck for a long time, at least until the ownership situation is finally settled and Elway is sent packing. Could be awhile before we're competitive again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    I think this team is tracking in the right direction. I was disappointed in yesterday's game simply because of the turnovers and another TD nullified by a horrible call. That said, Flacco was correct in his post game when he said the Broncos just have to put it all together, that is, all the pieces have to be mistake free and working in conjunction with the game plan. This team is not good enough to overcome bad calls and turnovers but it is good enough to win games if they can tie it all together. Great news is the Bolles did not get one holding penalty called against him.
                    Saw an article today the the league had a call with the officials to allow the o lineman more time to let his block develop before calling a hold. I think the article said holding calls were down 66% this week because of that. Bolles I’m sure benefited along with some humiliation in the film room I’m sure regarding his technique. Whatever the reason I’m glad he wasn’t called.

That Sanders call was BS however.
                    Last edited by ghwk; 09-23-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Last 7 games in a row 0-7 not one game hit 20 points. Zero sacks zero TOs. Shaq Barrett has 8 more sacks than Von and Chubb combined this year.

There is nothing positive about the Broncos right now. Decent teams overcome drops, refs, etc. bad teams don’t. If this team goes 0-16 we would still have people thinking they are competitive.

Comment

I'm predicting the 1981 Washington Redskins

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                          Last 7 games in a row 0-7 not one game hit 20 points. Zero sacks zero TOs. Shaq Barrett has 8 more sacks than Von and Chubb combined this year.

There is nothing positive about the Broncos right now. Decent teams overcome drops, refs, etc. bad teams don’t. If this team goes 0-16 we would still have people thinking they are competitive.
                          Hey dont ruin a good fanatsy dream with reality! Team is garbage. Offense plays exactly like any would with Flacco. The only people that are really upset are the ones with unrealistic expectations.

Comment

That 4th & goal TD by Phillip Lindsay made me want to cry. It reminded me of CJ Anderson, during the Super Bowl year - only CJ outweighed Phillip by 40 lbs.

That's a positive, for sure.

Comment

Offense has plenty of talent if the OL can get it together under munchak. Defense is more than talented enough outside of Yiodom. Getting Callahan back will mahe a big difference

Comment

Working...
                              X