Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What in the F*** are we going to do about Garrett Bolles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the F*** are we going to do about Garrett Bolles ?

I just don't see how we can start him at LT again. I mean that was embarrassing and we will never get a long pass completion. If we move him to Guard then who to LT or do we just cut him and say good ridden. The announcers were having a heyday with it last night as well. He has the most holding calls of any person in the entire NFL and was racking them up last night. What are your thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 09-16-2019, 12:55 PM.

Holding is a judgement call. Those refs who f-d a good game should be the ones justifying their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
      Holding is a judgement call. Those refs who f-d a good game should be the ones justifying their actions.
      Man I don't know, he body slammed Mack a few times and didn't get called. If anything I think they went easy on him.

Comment

Traded Bolles and a 2nd to Miami for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Comment

Boles and the latest pick they’ll accept to Washington for T Williams

Comment

Those were holds. Bolles doesn’t even know why it’s wrong to put your hands where he does.

The excuses are Unbelievable.

move him inside and try Elijah at LT Risner at RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post

Man I don't know, he body slammed Mack a few times and didn't get called. If anything I think they went easy on him.
              Kind of what I like about Bolles. He doesn't quit if the play is still going.

Again. Holding is a judgment call.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Those were holds. Bolles doesn’t even know why it’s wrong to put your hands where he does.

The excuses for the refs are Unbelievable.

move him inside and try Elijah at LT Risner at RT.
                Fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                  Traded Bolles and a 2nd to Miami for Minkah Fitzpatrick.
                  If I was Elway I'd be on the phone with Miami about trading Bolles for another offensive lineman who can help as a swingman or something, anything. If Miami is tanking why the heck would they say no to any kind of reasonable trade?

Comment

Kind of what I like about Bolles. He doesn't quit if the play is still going.

Again. Holding is a judgment call.
                    I like Bolles nasty attitude but if he can't fix his technique, he's too much of a liability. If I'm Elway I'm listening to the coaching staff on what they think of Bolles and in particular, what Munchak thinks of Bolles.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                      I just don't see how we can start him at LT again. I mean that was embarrassing and we will never get a long pass completion. If we move him to Guard then who to LT or do we just cut him and say good ridden. The announcers were having a heyday with it last night as well. He has the most holding calls of any person in the entire NFL and was racking them up last night. What are your thoughts and ideas.
                      you have 4 options:

1. Play him next game, work on technique during the week. The question is he salvageable as a starting LT in the NFL

2. Scheme to help him, further limit what the offense can do

3. Move him to another spot, ask you best O-line player to fill the gap this season.

4. Cut him, he's a bust and sign/ bring up a younger option to see what you have in that player

I'd probably lean to #1- I think this season is bust anyway, use the time to see if he can be saved/ improved.

Comment

Three years in and he doesn't seem to understand the rules - even with Munchak as his position coach. I don't think a switch to guard or RT will help him with that. It's a dumpster fire. At this point, I'd give Jake Rodgers a chance, at least until James returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                          Three years in and he doesn't seem to understand the rules - even with Munchak as his position coach. I don't think a switch to guard or RT will help him with that. It's a dumpster fire. At this point, I'd give Jake Rodgers a chance, at least until James returns.
                          its a bit late in a career to tell a player you can't grab handfuls of the back of the opposing players jersey and spin him around... or arm bar him and drag him to the ground... but technique is coachable... but jeez

Comment

Those refs were super-sensitive on roughing the passer but not on Bolles holding?

Comment

Jeff Legwold ESPN Senior Writer
                              1pm Mon 9/16/19

Broncos left tackle Garett Bolles has been flagged for holding five times this season, four of those in Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bears. After Sunday's game Bolles said believed he had "built a reputation'' among officials for holding, but also promised to "turn this around.'' On Monday Broncos coach Vic Fangio said of Bolles' penalties: “He's just got to be a little bit more technique sound, I think suffers from he thinks he's in good position sometimes and dumps the guy at the end where he thinks it's a legal block, we've got to do a better job of explaining that to him. He's got to do a better job of listening to the explaining. And I think he can.'' Overall Bolles has been flagged for holding alone 26 times in his 34 career games -- 10 of those penalties have been declined.

Comment

Working...
                              X