2012 Broncos vs. Ravens officiating issues @itswutz4dinna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Broncos vs. Ravens officiating issues @itswutz4dinna

I didn't want to muddy up a thread about yesterday's game with this so I started a new thread.

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post

Nothing more delusional in sports than accepting refs:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ravens-broncos_b_2492147
    First of all, the officiating in that game was horrible. I don't think any rational person would dispute that. I also have no objection to the author's quote from your article, "referee Bill Vinovich and his officiating crew decidedly influenced the game in Baltimore’s favor."

"Influenced" is the key word, as opposed to "decided".

Vinovich and the whole crew deserve whatever discipline is handed out to officials for having a terrible game. None of that excuses the Broncos from showing up and playing good football. Bad calls sometimes don't go your way and good teams don't whine about it, they go out and take matters into their own hands and win the game. It wasn't a referee who missed a field goal before the half. It wasn't a referee who made a terrible decision and threw an interception in the second overtime period. It wasn't a referee who incomprehensibly went for an interception in front of the receiver when staying behind him and making an in-bounds tackle finishes the game. None of the officials made John Fox decide to kneel on 30+ seconds at the end of both halves. What could be accomplished in 30 seconds? Well the Bears behind Mitch F**cking Trubisky got a game winning FG. Apparently that was too risky to trust Peyton F**cking Manning to do though.

The Broncos lost the game. The officials were bad, but don't confuse bad officiating with an excuse for the Broncos to lose. It was the first example of John Fox not preparing an incredibly stacked team to win. Exhibit B is Superbowl 48, and exhibit C is the 2014 home playoff loss to Indianapolis.

Good teams overcome bad officiating. Bad teams lose and their fans try to excuse all of the mistakes they made with, "but the officials!!!"

Stop it.

What the **** does yesterday's game have to do with the Raven playoff game?

Dumb thread...

Comment

Originally posted by broncosjf View Post
      Good teams overcome bad officiating. Bad teams lose and their fans try to excuse all of the mistakes they made with, "but the officials!!!"

Stop it.

NFL is a game of inches and the referees control 10 and 15 yards at a time in judgement calls. They have as much influence on the game as the teams.

Fans can say/do/cry whatever they want, they pay for this league to exist. No fans, no NFL.

most of the time the better team wins. but the 3% of the time they don't, its very visible and controversial.

Comment

I miss when we had a good qb to compensate for the drunk gm.

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post
          What the **** does yesterday's game have to do with the Raven playoff game?

Dumb thread...
          For starters, in the very first sentence, I specifically explained that I didn't want this discussion to muddy up a thread about yesterday's game, so I quoted the poster who actually referenced the 2012 game in that thread and proceeded from there.

Second, there are people crying like Chiefs fans that the officials cost them the Bears game yesterday, completely ignoring all of the ways the Broncos failed to win. Ineffective defense, an offensive tackle who seems to think his position name is his job description, and a catastrophically bad red zone interception, are among the many reasons the Broncos failed to win. Any bad calls are part of the background, and while they can be discussed and complained about, they don't exonerate the Broncos from the bad product they are putting on the field. If they played better the bad calls would be nothing more than an inconsequential afterthought.

So the last two sentences of the first post apply equally to the 2012 playoff game, yesterday's game, and honestly, any other game where the fans want to say, "but the officials!!"

If there are any other simple things you need explained just let me know.

Comment

Working...
          X