Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaq Barrett leading the league in sacks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq Barrett leading the league in sacks.

It’s only six and a half quarters, but Shaq Barrett just picked up his fourth sack of the season, for the Bucs. For those of you keeping score at home, that’s four more than your home team has for the year, as a team.

He’s on pace for 32 sacks for the season. That’s, like, a record, and stuff.

Happy for him.

Sometimes you wish you could pay em all so they cant leave.

Comment

Elmer Fudd would start him opposite Chris Harris

Comment

1 yr 4mil was not too steep. Would have loved to keep him. Then the Hollins pick could have been targeted for ILB instead

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
          Happy for him.

Sometimes you wish you could pay em all so they cant leave.
          Should've kept him he wasn't expensive

Comment

All he wanted was to not play special teams and he would have resigned with us. We were so freaking stupid with him.

Comment

You can't pine for Shaq Barrett getting sacks and at the same believe that Von & Chubb should be made to hesitate while they read the O before going or breaking off into coverage.

We aren't even trying to get sacks.

We have Bradley Chubb & Von Miller.
              If our D scheme removes sacks from them, it would do the same to Barrett.

Comment

Good for Shaq! I’m happy for him and wish him the best. He wouldn’t have been able to get the success here in Denver because we have Von and Chubb who are elite pass rushers. Hopefully, Malik Reed develops into a Shaq Barrett 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                  You can't pine for Shaq Barrett getting sacks and at the same believe that Von & Chubb should be made to hesitate while they read the O before going or breaking off into coverage.

We aren't even trying to get sacks.

We have Bradley Chubb & Von Miller.
                  If our D scheme removes sacks from them, it would do the same to Barrett.
                  Yeah, they are comparing apples to oranges a bit there. And nobody is saying Shaq wasn't good, but, he was a back up. Alot of times teams will move on to a less expensive player as a backup. Just like there was no way were going to be able to keep Harris, Talib and Roby. Sometimes, you just can't sign them all.

Comment

He's always been a good player. This early season is stretch is very likely the career peak, his big hot streak. He can be a good starter for a long time, but he's more an all-around guy than someone who will rack up a bunch of sacks. Happy to see him do well, would have liked to re-sign him and keep that platoon going but he deserved an opportunity to start.

Comment

Also. I'm Happy for Shaq too.
                      That guy wanted to be a starter. And he has the talent to be a starter. I hope he bosses out (against everyone but the Broncos) and earns himself the big money contract he deserves for his talent.
                      Shaq has balls of steel. He is a leader and a team player.
                      He needed his stage to be able to shine.

​​​​​​I will always count him as a guy that deserves one of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSYnce8w0RQUmgQamULHd8f6mpi-VvTVp1-_g7cSHE70xQzZre1.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	2493095

Comment

Love that he's wearing #58

Comment

Good for Barrett. Great player, great attitude, did everything the right way, and he'll always be a Bronco, as far as I'm concerned.

Same for DeMaryius and Siemian -- I'll tune in to Jets games this year just to cheer for those two.

Comment

Danny T and Shaq.

It kills me whenever I think of those players not in orange and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                              Danny T and Shaq.

It kills me whenever I think of those players not in orange and blue.
                              It bugs me Danny T is not with us,but Shaq wanted to be a starter which wouldn’t be possible in Denver.

Comment

Working...
                              X