Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

? Paradis signed for $9 million/year.

Tom Nalen said we lose a lot with McGovern at center, not only because of the inconsistent snaps but also Paradis' ability to adjust the OL according to the defense.
    dang, you're right. i thought it was double digits. yeah, elway should have paid him that.

https://www.catscratchreader.com/201...llion-contract

https://overthecap.com/player/matt-paradis/3146/

Comment

Without paradis we couldnt afford Flacco. Without flacco we would have to start Allen at QB. Starting Allen at qb we would end up in the same position as we are now, but we would have a Center that is a little better than the one we have now.

What does it all mean?

This team is dick without a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post

but, hasn't nalen pretty much said the same?
        I don't know what Nalen has said about Bolles, and don't care. My opinion is that Bolles is getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

They were double and triple teaming Donald all game and this allowed Fowler to have a good game. Throw in that Paradis rarely blocked Donald and never in one on one. Donald lines up 3 tech and 5 tech most of the time. He was on the G 90 percent of the time.

I'm am really interested how you came up with this.
          I came up with this by watching the game of course.

Every team doubles Donald and it rarely stops him.

Paradis played a great game - Donald attacked his gap a lot and got nowhere, then they tried a number of stunts and Paradis picked them all up. More than a few times Donald lined up at 0 tech and Paradis stopped those to. Mccaffrey was the only threat on the Panthers offense and they were surprisingly effective with inside runs thanks to Paradis.

He had a great game and Donald didn't. When you have a talent poor team like the Broncos paying for a high quality C would have been well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
            i didn't think mcgovern was too bad. paradis is good but he's overpaid. i don't have a problem with them not paying that type of price for a b player. i guess you can argue that about james too though.

bolles is the worst thing going on with our line. both nalen and Schlereth say he can't play at all. fix that left tackle and we'd be so much better imo .
            leary is my problem , pay Paradis instead he was the better player and made all the calls .mcgovern could of did lears job cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

Paradis played a great game - Donald attacked his gap a lot and got nowhere, then they tried a number of stunts and Paradis picked them all up. More than a few times Donald lined up at 0 tech and Paradis stopped those to. Mccaffrey was the only threat on the Panthers offense and they were surprisingly effective with inside runs thanks to Paradis.

He had a great game and Donald didn't. When you have a talent poor team like the Broncos paying for a high quality C would have been well worth it.
              Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the lolCats OL had a brutal night against the lowly bucs last night...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                  the lolCats OL had a brutal night against the lowly bucs last night...
                  Paradis played well again against Vita Vea who is shaping up to be a very good player. Did give up a QB hit to Vea.

That loss is on Cam and Darryl Williams. Bucs had 8 in the box and single man coverage and were not going to let Christian beat them. As it sank in that they did not have to play contain since Cam was no longer a threat to run Barrett started to take over.

Comment

Can't sign everyone. Good players want to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

I decided to rewatch the game. I just watched the first quarter and all Paradis has done is helped out. I dont think I'll finish this game but it is apparent there is zero one on ones all game on 99. Panthers are making sure to throw multiple linemen at him thus Fowler and the ILB had great games.

Comment

Donald was double teamed on 64% of the plays last week
                        highest in the league over the last two years

Comment

Working...
                        X