Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The frustration about the defense last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The frustration about the defense last night.

It could be me, but it seems there was no real attempt to change anything about the pass rush. Yes, Carr was doing a lot of 3 step drops, however it wasn't all 3 step drops. They didn't sniff the pocket.

I know Fangio rarely if ever rushes more than 4, but it sure seemed to me there wasn't even a consideration to mix up the rush. It was clear they were not getting anything and Carr was way too comfortable. The result was a 90%completion percentage.

What am I missing?

Btw, how valuable is Wade Phillips to us now? Should Elway have paid him whatever he wanted to remain here as DC?

I did then and I feel more so now.

the steelers stayed in a 5 wide formation playing right into the pats hands, no alteration all game long...
    who really knows why professionals do such blatantly obviously stoopid things.
    EVERY SINGLE YEAR I am reminded that HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS do a better job on special teams !
    I do know that fangio looked lost on the sideline !
    He belongs in the booth, he should do what comes natural after 40 years !

Comment

that was a totally uninspired effort by our D save a few passionate defenders, and FANGIO engaged with none of them on the field, might as well be in the booth.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
        that was a totally uninspired effort by our D save a few passionate defenders, and FANGIO engaged with none of them on the field, might as well be in the booth.
        QFT here... some key guys out, but sad effort nonetheless...

Comment

BTW the worst mistake ELWAY EVER made was letting WADE walk out the door.

Comment

BTW the worst mistake ELWAY EVER made was letting WADE walk out the door.
            You can excuse Lynch and Oz, letting a tried and true who won you a SB walk was a fatal error imho...

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

You can excuse Lynch and Oz, letting a tried and true who won you a SB walk was a fatal error imho...
              Who, seemingly knows exactly how to get the best of Brady.

Shut them down in the SB last year.

Comment

Yeah I expected to see him pulling people off the field and giving them an earful at least a couple of times

Comment

I know we dont get continuous coverage of Vic's every move, but every time the camera did catch fangio he was completly alone speaking to no-one.
                  the guy has a booth personna. not wrong, just different, not the norm for a HC.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a HC talk to someone other than a ref. Or maybe TO.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                      I don't think I've ever seen a HC talk to someone other than a ref. Or maybe TO.
                      maybe you should watch an episode of inside the NFL

Comment

At some point the Coaches are expecting/hoping/planning on their star players to win an individual match up and make a play.

Raiders neutered the Broncos D with a strong run game.

Comment

SoCal loved the 2 gap push your titties together DL play on monday!

Comment

Most frustrating and disappointing part of Monday's game. Even though I expected some of it, it was still surprising. In the first preseason game I was impressed with how much effort and spunk the defense showed. None of that was evident on Monday. I have to wonder if Fangio was thinking we really did need a better MLB and a safety or two would have been nice. We were behind the WR all night.

Of course Elway should have paid Wade. What price do you put on a guy who basically won you a SB? Hopefully Fangio and crew learned some valuable lessons on Monday and we see vast improvement. Not holding my breath though.

Comment

Wade’s a good coach, but he seems really overrated for one Super Bowl. He’s been a DC or HC every season for the last 40 years and only has one Super Bowl victory. There’s only been 28-32 teams every year, so he’s not even keeping up with the law of averages.

Comment

Working...
                              X