Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calm Down, Take a step back and maybe Hit a joint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calm Down, Take a step back and maybe Hit a joint.

Lets look at a few things from last nights game.

# Chucky is one hell of a coach. We all new he would get better as he makes his team his own.

# It was the last game in the **** hole so Oakland was playing for something more then just the first game.

# Something was up with the Field. Sanders spent half the game on his back and you could see the players hated it.

# I don't know if it was Chucky or the O coordinator but they called the perfect game against our style of D.

# It was Fangios first game as an head coach

# It was his first game on the sideline and not in the booth.

# We have a completely new coaching staff.

# The O-line was sloppy but we lost a major player early on in the game and again it was the first real game playing together under a new coach

# It was Failco's first game in the new system and he only got like 10 or so plays in pre-season.

# it was Lindsays first game back from a broken wrist , playing on the same field that broke his wrist.

# One of our starting CB's were out and it showed. Yaidom is still a few years out of being a starter.

# Bolles didn't draw one flag last night.

# The O showed they can do it , when they went down the field on the last drive. They will be better then last year they just need some time to gel.

Now I'm not saying there's not some concern for what happened last night. I'm not saying not to be upset I just think there were a lot of things last night to take into consideration.

there are some promising takeaways but that's not what the internet is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
      Lets look at a few things from last nights game.

# Chucky is one hell of a coach. We all new he would get better as he makes his team his own.

# It was the last game in the **** hole so Oakland was playing for something more then just the first game.

# Something was up with the Field. Sanders spent half the game on his back and you could see the players hated it.

# I don't know if it was Chucky or the O coordinator but they called the perfect game against our style of D.

# It was Fangios first game as an head coach

# It was his first game on the sideline and not in the booth.

# We have a completely new coaching staff.

# The O-line was sloppy but we lost a major player early on in the game and again it was the first real game playing together under a new coach

# It was Failco's first game in the new system and he only got like 10 or so plays in pre-season.

# it was Lindsays first game back from a broken wrist , playing on the same field that broke his wrist.

# One of our starting CB's were out and it showed. Yaidom is still a few years out of being a starter.

# Bolles didn't draw one flag last night.

# The O showed they can do it , when they went down the field on the last drive. They will be better then last year they just need some time to gel.

Now I'm not saying there's not some concern for what happened last night. I'm not saying not to be upset I just think there were a lot of things last night to take into consideration.
      Chucky is not one hell of a coach. Any success came from Mayock. I really wished it had all been in Chucky's hands.

C'mon, no excuses for Flacco. He is what he is.

The offense can show whatever, but if we had had a defense we may have won. But we've got that damn great TE. You don't take a TE in the first round.

I'll watch next week starting with my hands covering my eyes. Hopefully I can remove them during the game.

Comment

Opening on the road is always tough for Denver as opposed to opening at Mile High. The Broncos have been very fortunate from the scheduling to have eight straight seasonal home openers (2011-2018) prior to this year. I think back to 2005 when the Broncos looked miserable in a 34-10 road opener at Miami, then went on to a 13-3 season and AFC Championship game at home.

Comment

The offense was not ready for prime time and they exploited the weak points in our D. No big surprise on either count.

Don't need pot to chill out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
            Opening on the road is always tough for Denver as opposed to opening at Mile High. The Broncos have been very fortunate from the scheduling to have eight straight seasonal home openers (2011-2018) prior to this year. I think back to 2005 when the Broncos looked miserable in a 34-10 road opener at Miami, then went on to a 13-3 season and AFC Championship game at home.
            That team in 2005 also had made the playoffs the previous 2 years and had a veteran, 2x Super Bowl winning coach and an OC who also go on to win a Super Bowl. They were also loaded with talent, Champ Bailey, Al Wilson, John Lynch, Darrent Williams, Rod Smith, Jake Plummer, Mike Anderson, Trevor Pryce, plus an elite o-line.

In contrast, this years team has a rookie HC and OC, young players all over the field, a below average o-line, plus they’ve been one of the leagues worst teams the last couple years.

Comment

Chucky out coached Fangio, no doubt. That doesn’t make him a bad coach; it just makes him a rookie coach. Hopefully, he’ll learn. It
              looked to me that Scangarello made the adjustments and got the running game going, and that opened up the passing game a bit. It also looked to me that Fangio had no answers to the raiders offense.

The test will be now they rebound next Sunday.

Comment

fangio should go to the booth where he is comfortable ;
                it's not like he was interacting with players on the sideline !
                The greatest disapointment was our D, I am not surprized that we are total losers in the TE column and special teams, that is classic broncos short-comings.
                but I expected a better performance from our D and the greatest defender to ever walk the earth !

Comment

BTW, I hit my pipe and my broncos still look like shyte.

Comment

Pretty sure you made this thread last year too. If not, someone else did.

And the year before.

Comment

I expected the Defense to look much better, more effective. After that I had no expectations...

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post

Chucky is not one hell of a coach. Any success came from Mayock. I really wished it had all been in Chucky's hands.
                        Typical Denver fan ignorance and football stupidity.

Say whatever you want about that organization in Oakland. It's justified. Jon Gruden is, and always has been, a very good coach and an excellent offensive mind. People want to hang on to these dillusional thoughts about him being some football quack and it's just not a legitimate opinion. He got completely gutted and screwed from ownership in TB and if Oakland can stay patient he will probably build them right to where he did 18 years ago or whatever.

Oakland is probably not going to have a very good record this year. Neither will Denver. Nobody watching that game last night who doesn't have any bias is actually thinking Denver has the higher ceiling. They are thinking both these teams just suck. This is where the Denver organization is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangerine View Post

That team in 2005 also had made the playoffs the previous 2 years and had a veteran, 2x Super Bowl winning coach and an OC who also go on to win a Super Bowl. They were also loaded with talent, Champ Bailey, Al Wilson, John Lynch, Darrent Williams, Rod Smith, Jake Plummer, Mike Anderson, Trevor Pryce, plus an elite o-line.

In contrast, this years team has a rookie HC and OC, young players all over the field, a below average o-line, plus they’ve been one of the leagues worst teams the last couple years.
                          Absolutely, well aware of those points about 2005 team and this 2019 version is a far cry. I was more just saying that a team can recover from a stinker Week 1 game on the road to a decent Week 2 game at home, especially the Broncos with their home field advantage.

Comment

I get it, 1st game, on the road, division rival. We didn't play too bad, It's not like we were the Browns out there. I'll give them more than 1 week, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                              I get it, 1st game, on the road, division rival. We didn't play too bad, It's not like we were the Browns out there. I'll give them more than 1 week, obviously.
                              "we are not the browns "
                              great where can I get that T-shirt ?

Comment

Working...
                              X