Coaching from the booth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching from the booth.

I don't know if there is a rule that the HC has to be on the field but maybe they should consider putting Vic in the box next week and give munchack the headset

Coach is learning too. Vance won his first 2 games here both seasons... maybe its better this way.

Comment

Don't know why Vic needs to be in the booth if they have tablets that will literally give you the same video feed as you'd see from the booth.

Comment

Originally posted by OleNumber7 View Post
        Don't know why Vic needs to be in the booth if they have tablets that will literally give you the same video feed as you'd see from the booth.
        That's against the rules. Live feeds are prohibited

Comment

Originally posted by OleNumber7 View Post
          They can see all 22 guys in real time up there. like playing super tecmo bowl.

Comment

Good lord, all I’ve heard about Fangio is how much he misses the booth, just coach from the sidelines like every other HC in NFL history. Why the heck did they hire a guy who hates being on the sidelines??

Comment

Originally posted by Tangerine View Post
              Good lord, all I’ve heard about Fangio is how much he misses the booth, just coach from the sidelines like every other HC in NFL history. Why the heck did they hire a guy who hates being on the sidelines??
              Because Elway

Comment

We could always actually let the defensive coordinator call plays from the booth.

That way Fangio isn’t way over his head like he looked.

never a fan of first year HCs also being the coordinator/calling plays at the same time.

Comment

What a fustercluck.

Comment

I think this from the booth thing is getting overhyped. Fangio says it's no big deal, and the dude's been a straight shooter. I think if this were a legitimate concern of his he would comment on it more, or Elway would do something along the lines of what was suggested. He even said so himself it's a non-issue. I think we're just desperate for reasons as to why we suck total and unforgiving ass.

Comment

Calling plays from the box is much easier and faster. You can see the personnel on the field, alignment, formations, and the spacing. From the sideline you’re typically waiting on someone up top to call those two things in before making the call. And in hurry up situations defenses always have a fallback option if a call doesn’t get in fast enough, whether that’s the base or something specific to the team they’re playing or circumstances.

Preseason gave them the opportunity to work out the logistics of who is up top calling down what details they see around personnel, formation and alignment, but because preseason isn’t as much about beating the other team as it is about making your team better it’s not a true litmus test. It’s like they drove go-carts to get ready for driving a motorcycle through Manhattan traffic in the rain. They’re learning how to pear down the process right now. It’s really tough to see those things from the sideline in the amount of time to make a good decision; so one of two things need to happen.. they get good at sending the info down and having fallback plays well coached ahead of time OR handoff playcalling to someone up top and use Fangio as a final approver. My understanding is that multiple coaches can be on the same mic line to the Green Dot helmet on the field.

The minute I went up top to call plays it severely impacted the quality of my playcalling and outcome to the games we played. Best playcalling comes from the field though, not sure we have an Urlacher or Ray Lewis though.

Anyone know if Bill is calling defense from the sideline or if they call from the box and he’s just the final approver?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
                        Calling plays from the box is much easier and faster. You can see the personnel on the field, alignment, formations, and the spacing. From the sideline you’re typically waiting on someone up top to call those two things in before making the call. And in hurry up situations defenses always have a fallback option if a call doesn’t get in fast enough, whether that’s the base or something specific to the team they’re playing or circumstances.

Preseason gave them the opportunity to work out the logistics of who is up top calling down what details they see around personnel, formation and alignment, but because preseason isn’t as much about beating the other team as it is about making your team better it’s not a true litmus test. It’s like they drove go-carts to get ready for driving a motorcycle through Manhattan traffic in the rain. They’re learning how to pear down the process right now. It’s really tough to see those things from the sideline in the amount of time to make a good decision; so one of two things need to happen.. they get good at sending the info down and having fallback plays well coached ahead of time OR handoff playcalling to someone up top and use Fangio as a final approver. My understanding is that multiple coaches can be on the same mic line to the Green Dot helmet on the field.

The minute I went up top to call plays it severely impacted the quality of my playcalling and outcome to the games we played. Best playcalling comes from the field though, not sure we have an Urlacher or Ray Lewis though.

Anyone know if Bill is calling defense from the sideline or if they call from the box and he’s just the final approver?
                        Fangio is calling the plays from the sidelines with input from the booth.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post

does not matter what BB does, or any other HC for that matter!
                          VIC is comfortable seeing and calling the defense from the BOOTH;

that is where he has been the last 40 YEARS
                          forty years !
                          stop being lame and go to the booth fangio !
                          it aint like you are talking to anyone along the sidelines anyway !

Comment

Is there ANY head coach that’s ever coached from the booth?

Comment

Probably shouldn’t be a head coach if you have problems seeing the field from the sideline.

Comment

Working...
                              X