Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rohirrim
    replied
    I would have preferred Peppermint Schnapps & Cocoa Field at Mile High.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    This twitter thread is awesome.

https://twitter.com/empowertoday/sta...843992064?s=21

Click image for larger version

Name:	45295DBB-522E-4F96-8194-F7D5675E4601.png
Views:	57
Size:	898.3 KB
ID:	2567897

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Pretty dumb name.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post

So... We're talking about three different dudes then? The Claw, Hootie and some Country Singer?
    No man, Hootie sings country now . Well maybe both if he is back on tour with the blowfish.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    I'm gonna imagine ahead a week... So I can get in the groove of the new name..

​​​​​​"Welcome to Empower Field at Mile High...
    Home of the Denver Broncos!
    I'm Old Coyote here with Marvel Bert.
    "Bert, this is going to be your first game at Empower Field at Mile High as the Denver QB..."

Okay. Sounds good.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    Empower sounded great until I heard the retirement part.

Leave a comment:

• DHallblows
    replied
    I'm pretty sure ghwk's simple joke has somehow turned into a 4 dimensional shape.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Empower has a feminist ring to it. The stadium still looks like a diaphragm. There's an inappropriate joke in there somewhere.
    Menaupause, a retirement plan for your diaphram

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied

So... We're talking about three different dudes then? The Claw, Hootie and some Country Singer?
    Hootie is Darius Rucker.

Lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish, but also has been successful in the last several years as a solo country artist. But reunited with the Blowfish recently. (Also hates to be called "Hootie").

Leave a comment:

• Irish Stout
    replied
    Empower has a feminist ring to it. The stadium still looks like a diaphragm. There's an inappropriate joke in there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Stout
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

This is awesome.
    I can't believe we didn't call him Hootie...

The Singer would be Darius Rucker.

Darius Watts was a Broncos WR with the number 17. His rookie year was 2004. And from now on he is "Hootie" to me. (^_^)

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    Originally posted by ghwk View Post

Former lead singer for Hootie and the blowfish?
    This is awesome.
    I can't believe we didn't call him Hootie...

The Singer would be Darius Rucker.

Darius Watts was a Broncos WR with the number 17. His rookie year was 2004. And from now on he is "Hootie" to me. (^_^)

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Without question, the best stadium naming rights deal in sports is the one Coors has with the Rockies. Coors made a one-time investment of $15 million. And that gives them the naming rights for infinity years. The Monforts are clearly killer negotiators.

Let's say the Rockies were to only make, say, $3 million - $5 million a year for the name. That's still meaningful - especially considering the crappy local television deal they've had. But the Rockies? They don't see any reason to get greedy over such matters. Two years ago, Coors made what had to be a decision they anguished over - the decision to invest zero more dollars to extend their right to keep Coors Field Coors Field through 2047. At that point, they'll have another difficult decision. Should they extend it five more years, through 2052 (and in five-year increments after that)? Will it be worth the zero dollar investment, at that point? Time will tell.

I can only imagine the salivating TV executives are doing as they are negotiating with hard-ass Dick Monfort over the local TV deal that will make a huge difference in whether or not the Rockies can be semi-competitive, over the next two decades (I like to think we'll win our first-ever division title at some point during that period - dare to dream). Their current deal brings them in the neighborhood of $20 million per year, which is only $314 million/year less than the Dodgers current deal. $314 million. Less. Each year. The Rockies entire payroll is less than half of that number.

I wonder if Dick was able to get Coors to throw in a few free beers each game for his drunk brother, Charlie, when he stuck it to them on the naming rights deal. I can only imagine the kind of deal he's going to hold out for from the TV guys. Free NFL Sunday Ticket maybe? Discounted HBO and Showtime in both his and Charlie's homes? An upgraded remote control for the TV in his office? The possibilities are endless.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Originally posted by ghwk View Post

Former lead singer for Hootie and the blowfish?
    Former Bronco superstar, nicknamed "The Claw."

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post

He screwed up when he went country. I mean I like his music more now but he lost most of his following.
    Actually I heard somewhere they're touring again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X