ESPN.com simulated the whole season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN.com simulated the whole season

Denver sweeps the Chiefs on their way to a 5-11 season.

Saints beat Chargers in SB... hmmm.. no need to watch the games now.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ll-267-games#2

DENVER BRONCOS

Previous rank: No. 21

If the Joe Flacco experiment is going to work in Denver, he's going to need Emmanuel Sanders. There was real question about what the 32-year-old wide receiver would bring to the table this summer after having surgery last December to repair a torn Achilles tendon. The severity of the injury combined with Sanders' age (along with the news -- revealed in August -- that he also underwent ankle surgery this offseason) has justifiably raised doubts as to whether he'll ever be the Pro Bowl receiver he was in his younger years. But the reports out of Broncos camp were glowing, and Sanders flashed familiar playmaking ability in his lone preseason performance (19-yard run vs. the 49ers). His presence brings depth and stability to a receiving corps that desperately needs both. Sanders was in the middle of another productive campaign before his injury; despite missing the final month of 2018, he led the team in catches (71), yards (868) and receiving touchdowns (4).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-colts-plummet

Comment

Simulations and projections are quickly becoming the new version of pre-season predictions. Most of these systems just don't work for the NFL. The sample size is just too small and random events have an exponential effect on outcomes compared to other pro team sports. In the MLB, if your Ace starter gets hurt and misses three games, it would shift your post-season odds by a couple of percentage points at most. If an NFL team loses their franchise QB for 3 games it could straight up sink the season.

Comment

Sanders is going to be trade bait to a contender once Denvers season is playing for draft position.

Comment

....the thing about this particular article is that it states they ran the simulator 2000 or 20000 times...something like that....so the point of running the simulation is that you'd get some kind of average of all those simulations, and if your model is worth a damn, ought to produce something decent....wich often isn't the case for reasons mentioned above....and this article is even worse becasue they literally took ONE of the thousands simulations and just wrote an article about it. Somewhere in that simulation they ran thousands of times...there is at least ONE in there that has Miami winning the superbowl. There isn't really a point.....I could just decide to write a script of how the NFL season could go and I can make the outcomes whatever I want....this is nearly that bad. It has no point.

Comment

That prediction ranks high on the schadenfreude scale. Not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
              ....the thing about this particular article is that it states they ran the simulator 2000 or 20000 times...something like that....so the point of running the simulation is that you'd get some kind of average of all those simulations, and if your model is worth a damn, ought to produce something decent....wich often isn't the case for reasons mentioned above....and this article is even worse becasue they literally took ONE of the thousands simulations and just wrote an article about it. Somewhere in that simulation they ran thousands of times...there is at least ONE in there that has Miami winning the superbowl. There isn't really a point.....I could just decide to write a script of how the NFL season could go and I can make the outcomes whatever I want....this is nearly that bad. It has no point.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif
Views:	524
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2487773

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif Views:	81 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	2487773

Comment

That’s great. If two of our five wins were against the Chefs, I would laugh so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                    Sanders is going to be trade bait to a contender once Denvers season is playing for draft position.
                    We will probably only be able to get a 4th round pick back for him.

Comment

Sanders won’t get much.

But Harris will be to a team looking to sign him.

Broncos will not keep Harris, and he will not want to stay with a bottom feeder team.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Sanders won’t get much.

But Harris will be to a team looking to sign him.

Broncos will not keep Harris, and he will not want to stay with a bottom feeder team.
                        Denver won't get much for either one but I expect them both gone at the deadline when Allen is starting and the season is over. I keep thinking McManus will be on IR too from all the FG's he had to kick then I watched the preseason and realized they will be punting a lot.

Comment

Imagine an AFC championship game in a Soccer Stadium

Comment

Maybe also Wolfe, since he will likely not be back next year without a pay cut. However I think the defense will be good enough to keep this team in contention for a last playoff spot 8-8 type of record

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                              That’s great. If two of our five wins were against the Chefs, I would laugh so hard.
                              Not only that Denver kept them from the playoffs as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X