X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New All-Pros for 2019

Interior defensive lineman: Shelby Harris, Denver Broncos

Replacing: Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagles

Sometimes the million-to-one shot pays off. This projection is a considerable reach, a flight of fancy based on Harris' flashes of dominance, Vic Fangio's defensive brilliance and Pro Bowl defensive lineman Akiem Hicks' epiphany in Chicago. Hicks showed his own flashes of disruption with the Saints and Patriots before Fangio helped flip the switch that transformed him into one of the most productive interior defenders in the league. Albeit in part-time duty, Harris jumped off the film as a menace against the run as well as the pass in 2018. He picked up where he left off last season in the Broncos' "Monday Night Football" preseason Week 2 clash with 49ers, batting down a pass on each of the first two series. If Fangio turns him loose and doubles his snap count with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb bringing constant heat off the edge, this could be a fearsome trio at the heart of a rejuvenated Denver defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-these-7-studs

I like Shelby Harris and all, but better than Fletcher Cox?

Comment

Harris looked like he put on a ton of weight recently. Now that didn't seem to affect him play against the 9ers.

Comment

I have always liked Harris and always wondered why he didn't play more. I loved the big Samoan last year but lets face it Harris was the better DT.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          I guess it's possible. Cox is a stud though.

Comment

More than Harris, if Dremont can take over and be a force this year the D is primed for a top 3 year. But hell yeah, if Harris can be really good too, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
              More than Harris, if Dremont can take over and be a force this year the D is primed for a top 3 year. But hell yeah, if Harris can be really good too, that would be great.
              Jones and Walker will be crucial for this D. An inside pass rush that allows Chubb and Von to not be doubled each play, man, that's a fierce D.

Comment

defense is more than sack count.
                Vic understands, he is trying to educate his players,
                when will 'maners get a clue ?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                  That’s definitely a stretch, but it wouldn’t surprise if Harris has an All-Pro-worthy (though maybe not first team) season in this system.

Comment

Cox is the would be widely known at best DT in the league if 99 in LA wasn't around.

Comment

Working...
                    X