No announcement yet.

Roster Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the fascination with a QB that has never played a down in a serious game and has been cut already by 2 NFL teams and not deemed good enough by the 30 others to make their active NFL roster Are you all ****ing smarter than 32 NFL front offices?

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
      Are you all ****ing smarter than 32 NFL front offices?
      Depends on which front office you're talking about.

But seriously, that logic falls short when you're comparing Sloter to guys like Rypien and Hogan and even Hoyer, who really really really sucks.

And now .... just as it happened to us .... now it'll happen to the Vikings .... its THE CURSE OF KYLE SLOTER .... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...klr3x6toeJSn9k
      Last edited by BroncoBuff; 09-07-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post
        Allen won a shootout in college vs Kelly.
        Guess who else won a shootout against Kelly in college?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=400603894

Paxton did. He "Stunned 13th ranked Ole Miss."

I wonder if Allen could do that.

Comment

• Kelly, Sloter, and Allen, all have NFL talent. That's why they are in the NFL. Personally, I think all 3 are worthy of being a #2. And, I'd put them in that order. If Kelly didn't have his incident last season, he not only would have been our backup he would have started last year. The kid has a cannon, and is a baller. The pudding in between the ears is what's preventing him from starting somewhere. But, the talent is evident and teams continue to be intrigued. But, for any team or HC to give one of these guys a shot at starting....it would have to be an injury situation, because it's just too big of a risk to give them a shot based on your observations alone. For the record, I'd prefer Allen to Oz and feel like we have a chance to win alot more than if we had Oz starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
            What is the fascination with a QB that has never played a down in a serious game and has been cut already by 2 NFL teams and not deemed good enough by the 30 others to make their active NFL roster Are you all ****ing smarter than 32 NFL front offices?
            It's the Mane obsession every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
              It's the Mane obsession every year.
              One thing I learned when I was around the sport, is that there's lots of things about players and coaches that the public never learns.

That's my working theory on Sloter. Ferhevvinsake, he's got Kubiak right there with him, and he runs up like a hundred and thirty quarterback rating, but he gets cut. I think there's more there than meets the eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

One thing I learned when I was around the sport, is that there's lots of things about players and coaches that the public never learns.

That's my working theory on Sloter. Ferhevvinsake, he's got Kubiak right there with him, and he runs up like a hundred and thirty quarterback rating, but he gets cut. I think there's more there than meets the eye.
                I would guess it has something to do with command of the offense and his teammates. Quality QB prospects don’t just get cut without other issues. I don’t think he was quality but the Mane claims he was.

Comment

Working...
                X