Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to buy tickets for an out of towner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to buy tickets for an out of towner?

I am coming to Denver for a few days beginning on the Bears game in two weeks. I am looking at getting tickets but have noticed that tickets for that game are much higher (bc its the home opener I assume) than any other game this season.

Should I buy tickets now or will the prices drop closer to game day? Currently they are going for $250+ on stubhub and ticketmaster has some face value tickets for $180+ but I looked at the Chiefs game and they are $60 cheaper for face value. Should I just go ahead and bite the bullet now and purchase or since I only need a single ticket just wait til I arrive? Now that yall are mobile tickets only I didn't know how the day of resale market was.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by nc_tradition; 08-29-2019, 11:02 AM.

Originally posted by nc_tradition View Post
    I am coming to Denver for a few days beginning on the Bears game in two weeks. I am looking at getting tickets but have noticed that tickets for that game are much higher for that game, (bc its the home opener I assume) than any other game this season. Should I buy tickets now or will the prices drop closer to game day? Currently they are going for $250+ on stubhub and ticketmaster has some face value tickets for $180+ but I looked at the Chiefs game and they are $60 cheaper for face value. Should I just go ahead and bite the bullet now and purchase or since I only need a single ticket just wait til I arrive? Now that yall are mobile tickets only I didn't know how the day of resale market was.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Will probably drop at the end somewhat, but it will still be fugly.

Bears have a national and especially Denver area fanbase filled with swag on last year finally being good. Plus they're only in DEN every 8 years (compared to the Chiefs, where the few homeless and/or inbred fans around Denver have a chance to watch every season)

If I'm buying, it's never until the last 2 days though. There will be tickets. Just have to resign yourself to paying whatever price if you decide to travel and gamble.

It will probably drop a little. Not nearly as much as you'll see on average though. Worst case it might be around the same or slightly higher (IMHO only)

Comment

Chiefs game here is a Thursday night. Those Thursday night games are always cheaper. I wouldn’t make the comparison to home opener versus unique opponent to a division opponent that has had our number in a mid-week game.

I agree with Beav on everything else. You may have a lot of luck the Saturday before the game. Are you just looking for one ticket?

Comment

My section is currently listed at $230 each
        never have sold tickets for that price
        my guess is the price will come down next week

Comment

Working...
        X