Finally going to see a game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally going to see a game!

Didn't we used to have a sticky for posts about visiting Denver? Yes I tried the search feature. Anyway I'm coming to Denver, tell me everything! I'll be at the Jags game Sept 29th. I think I'll be staying downtown, where's the best burger and donut places? Going to try and line up a stadium tour on the Monday. Is there anything in the Cherry Creek area I should be checking out? I do enjoy going to US stores that we don't have in Canada (I seriously like Target way too much). Where's the best Broncos souvenir shops?

How does tailgating work? Do I just walk around high fiving people and then someone gives me meat? I'm sitting in section 318, please don't tell me it's right behind a giant column.

Originally posted by PRBronco View Post
    Didn't we used to have a sticky for posts about visiting Denver? Yes I tried the search feature. Anyway I'm coming to Denver, tell me everything! I'll be at the Jags game Sept 29th. I think I'll be staying downtown, where's the best burger and donut places? Going to try and line up a stadium tour on the Monday. Is there anything in the Cherry Creek area I should be checking out? I do enjoy going to US stores that we don't have in Canada (I seriously like Target way too much). Where's the best Broncos souvenir shops?

How does tailgating work? Do I just walk around high fiving people and then someone gives me meat? I'm sitting in section 318, please don't tell me it's right behind a giant column.

The bolded is actually how my dating life works.

16th street mall was fun. I have heard its changed quite a bit since I was there for the Ravens game in 2015. Lots of shopping and restaurants and weed clouds as far as the eye can see.

Comment

I am also going to that game. Hit up Casa Bonita for dinner.
      Last edited by 19Morton77; 08-28-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

The bolded is actually how my dating life works.

16th street mall was fun. I have heard its changed quite a bit since I was there for the Ravens game in 2015. Lots of shopping and restaurants and weed clouds as far as the eye can see.
        Man being gay must be awesome!

Good to hear about 16th street, all the hotels I've been looking at are in the area.

Comment

Man being gay must be awesome!

Good to hear about 16th street, all the hotels I've been looking at are in the area.

It is downtown, so its generally more expensive. But anything you'd potentially want to do is within walking distance, by shuttle or by train. They also had the team store at the stadium. I ended up getting my all orange Broncos cap there. $35 and that was a sale price on opening day. So who knows how expensive it is now.

Comment

I always knew Archer liked Butt....

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
              I always knew Archer liked Butt....

Was it a secret?

Comment

A lot depends on how long your staying and will you have a rental car. I would look a bit further than downtown for a hotel as it will be very pricey and little parking. Here is a story in Westworld with ALL the top donut shops ( I love LaMars)https://www.westword.com/restaurants...denver-8813750 Best Burgers - Here is 5280's listing: https://www.5280.com/2018/05/denvers-best-burgers/ Souvenir Shop is right at the Stadium and the tour was awesome. And you might add the Denver Mint on the list if your a geek - lol. The tail gating is pretty chill but you might have some extra beer on hand to break the ice so to speak.

Comment

(ROFL emoji that doesn't exist on this site anymore) I love that your #1 place to ensure he visits properly are donut shops!

Comment

Originally posted by DHallblows View Post
                    (ROFL emoji that doesn't exist on this site anymore) I love that your #1 place to ensure he visits properly are donut shops!
                    Haha yeah man! Donut shops are one of my favourite things about visiting the US, especially Krispy Kreme! Calgary's donut scene is terrible.

Comment

Haha yeah man! Donut shops are one of my favourite things about visiting the US, especially Krispy Kreme! Calgary's donut scene is terrible.
                      Speaking of Calgary, I'll be making my first trip there at the end of October. Any can't miss recommendations? I clearly will not be seeking donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by 19Morton77 View Post
                        I am also going to that game. Hit up Casa Bonita for dinner.
                        Casa Bonita for sure, it's like a right of passage.

Comment

favourite
                          Better straighten that **** out before you come down here though.

Comment

Originally posted by JLesSPE View Post

Speaking of Calgary, I'll be making my first trip there at the end of October. Any can't miss recommendations? I clearly will not be seeking donuts.
                            Sure! You thinking food or sights? How long are you in town?

Comment

Sure! You thinking food or sights? How long are you in town?
                              I'm in town for a conference, but should have 2-3 days to myself. Maybe top 3 each? I appreciate the intel!

Comment

Working...
                              X