Would you take Isaiah McKenzie back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
    I believe McKenzie has improved his game since the disaster with the Broncos in 2017 and I'd take him in an instant over River Cracraft as Broncos punt returner.
    McKenzie had 2 fumbles in 7 games with the Bills in 2018. If he had fumbled the ball 2 more times with the Broncos in 2018, after a rookie season with 6 fumbles, he would have been cut anyway.

What helps McKenzie in Buffalo is that those coaches found ways to use him on offense. He caught 18 passes for 179 yards and ran the ball 10 times for 66 yards and 2 touchdowns as a gadget player. He was used as a punt returner during this preseason, but the Bills have him listed as the #3 PR behind Andre Roberts and Micah Hyde.

He was good value in the 5th round as a potential PR after scoring 6 career TDs for Georgia as a returner. It's too bad he came in with a bad attitude, a sense of entitlement [according to Brandon Marshall and other reports] and failed to take care of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
      Spencer is our PR guy now. After returning punts for 4 yrs in the CFL, I didn’t find one fumble out of him on his stat sheet. Has pretty good receiving stats too, so he might be able to develop as a slot.
      I'm glad we got Spencer, just catch and hold on to the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
        Spencer is our PR guy now. After returning punts for 4 yrs in the CFL, I didn’t find one fumble out of him on his stat sheet. Has pretty good receiving stats too, so he might be able to develop as a slot.
        Well then he will fumble his first punt on Monday night.

Comment

Diontae Spencer ran a 4.27 40 on his college's pro-day back in 2014. He also posted a 40" vertical jump and 123" standing broad jump.
          He has hands.
          And he can probably beat the whole team in a footrace. Possibility ceiling is higher than any returner we had since Holiday. Maybe he can hit some go routes as a wide out and stretch the field here and there too.

I'm very happy we got a returner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
            Diontae Spencer ran a 4.27 40 on his college's pro-day back in 2014. He also posted a 40" vertical jump and 123" standing broad jump.
            He has hands.
            And he can probably beat the whole team in a footrace. Possibility ceiling is higher than any returner we had since Holiday. Maybe he can hit some go routes as a wide out and stretch the field here and there too.

I'm very happy we got a returner.
            I am also excited and relieved that we picked up Spencer. I started this thread about McKenzie, but that was more than a week ago when it was looking like same old same old (no threat) with Broncos punt returning this season. Post Rick Upchurch, the only serious TD threats at Broncos return game have been Darrien Gordon in the late 90s and Trendon Holliday in the early Manning years. Time for a new threat in Spencer.

Comment

Working...
            X