Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• champhalloffamer
    replied
    Luck got Grigsoned. It was criminal the lack of talent Grigson drafted and the total ineptitude of acquiring talent to protect and help Luck. It will be interesting after a year out if Luck's body will be feeling a lot better and he gets the itch again.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
    Agree with luck being overrated. Their new starter looked better to be honest.
    Lol they would easily be undefeated with Luck.

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Never said the guy is soft. Said he was overrated and if he retired like that with the Broncos after 7 seasons after all of that hype and when he finally has the team around him, we almost certainly be pissed as hell.
    You say he is overrated but also know he never had a team around him yet his first 3 years all ended in the playoffs and one in the AFC Championship game during deflategate. After that the injurys started to take a toll he only played 7 games in 2015 and missed all of 2017. If you think Luck is overrated I'd love to here what you think about Romo.

Leave a comment:

• 69bronco
    replied
    Agree with luck being overrated. Their new starter looked better to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoblood32
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen C View Post

They get hit other than the ones that get the ball out quick. You keep talking about the one year that Wilson was hit more than Luck but are forgetting the 150+ sacks he took in the 5 years prior to that. This doesn't look or sound like a guy that is soft.

https://youtu.be/sUuKwTMQkuE
    Never said the guy is soft. Said he was overrated and if he retired like that with the Broncos after 7 seasons after all of that hype and when he finally has the team around him, we almost certainly be pissed as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied

Well, typically not the same, however don't pretend that Wilson doesn't get hit and all of the 51 sacks he endured compared to Luck's 18 (Luck had 639 attempts and Wilson had least 200 less attempts) were all light little love taps.

Really, everyone's devoted love for Luck is just a little bit sickening.

They get hit other than the ones that get the ball out quick. You keep talking about the one year that Wilson was hit more than Luck but are forgetting the 150+ sacks he took in the 5 years prior to that. This doesn't look or sound like a guy that is soft.

https://youtu.be/sUuKwTMQkuE

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Similar Players - 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, 6 years

Leave a comment:

• Broncoblood32
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Wilson doesn't get hit the same way as Luck. Luck stood in the pocket and took monster hits then got up and told the defender nice hit. Wilson is a scrambling QB that gets out of the pocket and runs out of bounds or slides. That's a terrible comparison, 2 completely different kinds of hits.
    Well, typically not the same, however don't pretend that Wilson doesn't get hit and all of the 51 sacks he endured compared to Luck's 18 (Luck had 639 attempts and Wilson had least 200 less attempts) were all light little love taps.

Really, everyone's devoted love for Luck is just a little bit sickening.

Last edited by Broncoblood32; 09-21-2019, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied

Andrew Luck is the most overrated player that perhaps ever played in the NFL. Let me know all of this non accomplishments without making excuses about his surrounding talent. Not questioning his toughness. Questioning his motives.

The fact is many players in the NFL have had it tougher than him. You can list all of the injuries of any player, and as I said Russell Wilson has been hit at a far higher rate than Luck.

Also, here is your hypocrisy that you of course cannot see nor will you acknowledge. Every Bronco fan would freaking pissed if he retired after 7 years. Especially if he finally has the team around him that he needs to get it done. Just coming off a season where he was only sacked 18 times. Where he has a coaching staff that is finally competent. Cause all of the other ones were just soooo stupid to put him in position to throw 13 ints in 8 play off games.

Now, if you are the type that would not be pissed about that and your only real concern is their health then what the hell are you doing watching football? As I said. I love too how you flash that 1100 times in 6 seasons. Where did you get those figures? Where exactly did someone count all of the times he got hit and let me see all of them. If he got hit 1100 times, that must mean Von Miller has been hit 5000 times. Considering there are not as many special little rules protecting the welfare of linebackers. Never actually been safer to be QB in the NFL.

Probably one of the few people that support these candyass roughing the passer rules. I will be waiting for you to explain to me where you got those figures from and I want to see each one of the 1100 hits that poor Luck had. While seemingly no other QB in the league gets hit and other players don't get hit at twice the rate. Sacked 18 times in 639 attempts last season, a mystery leg injury that no one explained, getting paid for his last two years on his contract for services not rendered, best team he ever had in his career, the most hyped first pick of the draft since Elway in 1983, was 4 and 4 in the playoffs and had an abysmal passer rating in the playoffs.

What facts am I missing with the overhyped QB? Oh, and I know exactly what a hypocrite is.
    Wilson doesn't get hit the same way as Luck. Luck stood in the pocket and took monster hits then got up and told the defender nice hit. Wilson is a scrambling QB that gets out of the pocket and runs out of bounds or slides. That's a terrible comparison, 2 completely different kinds of hits.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoblood32
    replied
    I played golf with Joe Namath two years ago....
    He is 76 now, memory is very much in tact, talks about specific plays from 50 years ago, and still knows the down, who the defenders were and the receiver he was throwing to.

oh never mind.

You should all look up the concept of availability heuristics.

It's amazing, especially in this day and age of social.media, how much it applies now.

Howard Beale would be having more than just a nervous breakdown.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkie View Post

So Luck only cut 12 years off his life. Brady has cut 40 years and counting. Brady should almost be dead by now.
    In theory yes. You know how averages work though right?

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    An article I read said every year you play in NFL cuts 2 years off your life on average.
    So Luck only cut 12 years off his life. Brady has cut 40 years and counting. Brady should almost be dead by now.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    An article I read said every year you play in NFL cuts 2 years off your life on average.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    Those days are gone. You have 6-8 290 lb dudes running around like they are RB's and hitting people. The human body can only take so much and that is up to the pain threshold of the player mentally.
    Agreed. It is no longer about toughness. It is about sanity over what the human body can handle. Sure, they love the game, but a lot of those guys are continuing to play in the NFL because they have no other choice. Luck does.

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

The problem is, the NFL is a "tough guy" sport. Fans expect players to be like Tatum, Lott and etc who played through broken bones and etc.
    Those days are gone. You have 6-8 290 lb dudes running around like they are RB's and hitting people. The human body can only take so much and that is up to the pain threshold of the player mentally.

He's rich, he's married, his family has connections. The Colts waited too late to give him help.
    Welll maybe we need a poverty league that pays men $50k / year to be gladiators rather than $15M per.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X