Andrew Luck retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Several steps back with his release today.
    Over under on further reports that he was partying during his suspension?

Comment

• Send the Colts a 2nd round pick for the future rights of Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Luck I am pretty sure had one diagnosed concussion. Roger Staubach retired due to concussions and he was very successful in retirement. Sold his real estate company for an estimated $700 million dollars. Steve Young also retired due mass concussions. Very successful post NFL career. He has a law degree.

Did we ever actually find out what was wrong with his leg? He is collecting $12 million for services not rendered. Just wondering.

Sacked 18 times last season compared to Wilson's 51 times. Has his best OL he has ever had.

Never mind. Luck is just so great.

Its almost like you do not understand that hits in football are cumulative, and keep sticking to a tired talking point because of some bizarre dislike for the guy. Luck was sacked 174 times in 6 years. He was hit an additional 655 times. Then you have the 332 times he ran with the football.

So we have a guy under the age of 30 that has been hit 1161 times. The Colts are probably aware of that fact, and decided to pay him for the absolute beating he took in Indianapolis. Why that fact bothers you is kind of perplexing. He could have been a HoF worthy QB. He had the tools. Just got tired of getting beat on, hurt, then recovering from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

Its almost like you do not understand that hits in football are cumulative, and keep sticking to a tired talking point because of some bizarre dislike for the guy. Luck was sacked 174 times in 6 years. He was hit an additional 655 times. Then you have the 332 times he ran with the football.

So we have a guy under the age of 30 that has been hit 1161 times. The Colts are probably aware of that fact, and decided to pay him for the absolute beating he took in Indianapolis. Why that fact bothers you is kind of perplexing. He could have been a HoF worthy QB. He had the tools. Just got tired of getting beat on, hurt, then recovering from it.
          Can you, as a hypocrite, please tell me why you even watch football or any other sport that is all rough and stuff?

It may be hard. Admitting that you are a blatant hypocrite often is.

Are you saying you want Von Miller to retire? How about every football player?

Lol freaking hypocrites. Love how Broncos fans pretend they wouldn't be pissed as hell if he did that here after 7 seasons.

Go ahead and explain why you even watch football or any game that causes lifelong injuries.

Comment

Can you, as a hypocrite, please tell me why you even watch football or any other sport that is all rough and stuff?

It may be hard. Admitting that you are a blatant hypocrite often is.

Are you saying you want Von Miller to retire? How about every football player?

Lol freaking hypocrites. Love how Broncos fans pretend they wouldn't be pissed as hell if he did that here after 7 seasons.

Go ahead and explain why you even watch football or any game that causes lifelong injuries.
            I dont think you know what hypocrite means first off.

Secondly, you are the twat waffle debating Luck's toughness and skills. He was done, why drag it out? Because some halfwit on the internet demands he do it? Who are you to demand that of anyone? And if Von decided tomorrow to call it quits because he physically does not want to get hit anymore, then he should hang it up. Not hang on because a moron fan thinks he should play out his contract or he owes the team or fans anything.

And thirdly, I, unlike you, understand individuals have agency in the direction of their own lives. Players should determine when they call it quits. They know themselves. Using Von as the example, what exactly would he have left to prove? Is he going to be less great because he played 7 seasons vs 15? Is his impact for the franchise going to be less because he decided to stop when he could relatively guarantee his health after football?

Point the fourth, you sidestepped actual facts and went for a personal attack. Not surprising, because you have no argument. However, if you got hit 1100 times over 6 years, saw a noticeable dip in quality of life and decided to stop playing professional sports, would you care what some blowhard on an NFL message board thought?

You wouldn't. Which would make you the hypocrite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

I dont think you know what hypocrite means first off.

Secondly, you are the twat waffle debating Luck's toughness and skills. He was done, why drag it out? Because some halfwit on the internet demands he do it? Who are you to demand that of anyone? And if Von decided tomorrow to call it quits because he physically does not want to get hit anymore, then he should hang it up. Not hang on because a moron fan thinks he should play out his contract or he owes the team or fans anything.

And thirdly, I, unlike you, understand individuals have agency in the direction of their own lives. Players should determine when they call it quits. They know themselves. Using Von as the example, what exactly would he have left to prove? Is he going to be less great because he played 7 seasons vs 15? Is his impact for the franchise going to be less because he decided to stop when he could relatively guarantee his health after football?

Point the fourth, you sidestepped actual facts and went for a personal attack. Not surprising, because you have no argument. However, if you got hit 1100 times over 6 years, saw a noticeable dip in quality of life and decided to stop playing professional sports, would you care what some blowhard on an NFL message board thought?

You wouldn't. Which would make you the hypocrite.
              Andrew Luck is the most overrated player that perhaps ever played in the NFL. Let me know all of this non accomplishments without making excuses about his surrounding talent. Not questioning his toughness. Questioning his motives.

The fact is many players in the NFL have had it tougher than him. You can list all of the injuries of any player, and as I said Russell Wilson has been hit at a far higher rate than Luck.

Also, here is your hypocrisy that you of course cannot see nor will you acknowledge. Every Bronco fan would freaking pissed if he retired after 7 years. Especially if he finally has the team around him that he needs to get it done. Just coming off a season where he was only sacked 18 times. Where he has a coaching staff that is finally competent. Cause all of the other ones were just soooo stupid to put him in position to throw 13 ints in 8 play off games.

Now, if you are the type that would not be pissed about that and your only real concern is their health then what the hell are you doing watching football? As I said. I love too how you flash that 1100 times in 6 seasons. Where did you get those figures? Where exactly did someone count all of the times he got hit and let me see all of them. If he got hit 1100 times, that must mean Von Miller has been hit 5000 times. Considering there are not as many special little rules protecting the welfare of linebackers. Never actually been safer to be QB in the NFL.

Probably one of the few people that support these candyass roughing the passer rules. I will be waiting for you to explain to me where you got those figures from and I want to see each one of the 1100 hits that poor Luck had. While seemingly no other QB in the league gets hit and other players don't get hit at twice the rate. Sacked 18 times in 639 attempts last season, a mystery leg injury that no one explained, getting paid for his last two years on his contract for services not rendered, best team he ever had in his career, the most hyped first pick of the draft since Elway in 1983, was 4 and 4 in the playoffs and had an abysmal passer rating in the playoffs.

What facts am I missing with the overhyped QB? Oh, and I know exactly what a hypocrite is.

Comment

Andrew Luck is the most overrated player that perhaps ever played in the NFL. Let me know all of this non accomplishments without making excuses about his surrounding talent. Not questioning his toughness. Questioning his motives.

The fact is many players in the NFL have had it tougher than him. You can list all of the injuries of any player, and as I said Russell Wilson has been hit at a far higher rate than Luck..
                The guy played through, yes played through a lacerated kidney, torn abdomen, torn cartiledge in his ribs and shoulder that never healed properly. I get what you're saying but he played for two years on a bad shoulder that only got worse and eventually lead him to major shoulder surgery and missing an entire season.

His motives are pretty simple: His body is ****ed.

Comment

• Maybe he doesn’t like football enough to put up with all the injuries and rehab. He grew up with a football dad and probably felt pressure his whole life. At least he didn’t burn out as quickly as Elway’s boy.

Comment

• Good for luck. He has been successful in life and gets to do what he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontaine View Post

The guy played through, yes played through a lacerated kidney, torn abdomen, torn cartiledge in his ribs and shoulder that never healed properly. I get what you're saying but he played for two years on a bad shoulder that only got worse and eventually lead him to major shoulder surgery and missing an entire season.

His motives are pretty simple: His body is ****ed.
                      The problem is, the NFL is a "tough guy" sport. Fans expect players to be like Tatum, Lott and etc who played through broken bones and etc.
                      Those days are gone. You have 6-8 290 lb dudes running around like they are RB's and hitting people. The human body can only take so much and that is up to the pain threshold of the player mentally.

He's rich, he's married, his family has connections. The Colts waited too late to give him help.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

The problem is, the NFL is a "tough guy" sport. Fans expect players to be like Tatum, Lott and etc who played through broken bones and etc.
                        Those days are gone. You have 6-8 290 lb dudes running around like they are RB's and hitting people. The human body can only take so much and that is up to the pain threshold of the player mentally.

He's rich, he's married, his family has connections. The Colts waited too late to give him help.
                        Welll maybe we need a poverty league that pays men $50k / year to be gladiators rather than $15M per.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                          Agreed. It is no longer about toughness. It is about sanity over what the human body can handle. Sure, they love the game, but a lot of those guys are continuing to play in the NFL because they have no other choice. Luck does.

Comment

• An article I read said every year you play in NFL cuts 2 years off your life on average.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                              An article I read said every year you play in NFL cuts 2 years off your life on average.
                              So Luck only cut 12 years off his life. Brady has cut 40 years and counting. Brady should almost be dead by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post

So Luck only cut 12 years off his life. Brady has cut 40 years and counting. Brady should almost be dead by now.
                                In theory yes. You know how averages work though right?

Comment

Working...
                                X