Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/s...349601280?s=20

Dearest mother — The quill has never felt more heavy. I have made the decision to holster my sidearm permanently. I shall battle no more. The decision is difficult, but, as the hogs taught me, I must be true to myself. I am coming home to care for you and the farm. — Andrew

Comment

• His timing is horrible but I can't blame the guy for being exhausted from all the rehabs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
          I think I read that Andrew Luck's all time record against the Pats was 0 and 6 (including playoffs) with an average loss margin of 25 points. I know, none of that was his fault at all.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Ironic, how now they have their best OL and their best talent on defense. By far too. Not to mention a very competent coach.

The interesting thing to me in regards to protection is Russell Wilson was sacked a far higher rate in his career (based on sacks per attempt) than Luck.

Anyway, the Colts team is not what it was in 2015. Very dynamic NOW.

Comment

• Colts franchise = literally on fire right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                  Colts franchise = literally on fire right now.
                  I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "literally".

Comment

• Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "literally".
                    I don't think you understand having your franchise QB retire when he's still got 10+ years left in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
                      https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/s...349601280?s=20

Dearest mother — The quill has never felt more heavy. I have made the decision to holster my sidearm permanently. I shall battle no more. The decision is difficult, but, as the hogs taught me, I must be true to myself. I am coming home to care for you and the farm. — Andrew
                      Just caught up with this. Fairly entertaining shtick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

The XFL is determined to succeed this time and one thing Vince McMahon realized after the failure of the first attempt is it is all about STAR POWER and not so much the sport.He made the mistake that others have made in trying to start up a football league and that is they all thought it was about the sport. It isn't. In order for that league to have any chance, he needs to get the stars and that will take big money. Money, that he may not be able to compete with the NFL, but then again he does have that ace in the hole. Imagine if he does land Andrew Luck and then that causes a domino effect. Right now the HARD CAP is making it literally impossible for teams to sign all of their stars.

If for instance the XFL was up and running right now, they will be enticing the Ezekiel Elliots of the world. When I saw that the XFL was planning on targeting Trevor Lawrence...next year.

Like everything else in life, big money wins. Nearly every time. Not saying that is what Luck is going to do. It is just that this calf thing has been a strange story from the time we first heard about it in regards to Luck. He went relatively injury free last year. Has his best OL he has ever had. Team is about as stacked as he has ever had. It has never been safer for QBs in the NFL. We see how Brady and Brees hardly get touched and they are still playing. We saw Luck doing some drills last week and he was cutting and moving with no wincing.

I know it is far fetched, but when you combine what Vince McMahon believes and then you have Oliver Luck as the CEO and Commissioner of the league that will apparently be competing for stars with the NFL. To me it is not such a stretch to think he would play for the XFL.
                        It isn’t star power, it’s the quality of sport. The XFL was just really bad football. Like watching the 3rd & 4th games of preseason. How long would Luck last behind a oline that wasn’t good enough for the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

It isn’t star power, it’s the quality of sport. The XFL was just really bad football. Like watching the 3rd & 4th games of preseason. How long would Luck last behind a oline that wasn’t good enough for the NFL.
                          He lasted behind a Stanford o-line that wasn’t good enough for the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post

He lasted behind a Stanford o-line that wasn’t good enough for the NFL.

Playing against players that didn’t make the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

It may or may not make a big enough splash or whatever. What I do believe is McMahon will be trying to get stars. He has to be doing that. It would still be very difficult and the odds of the league succeeding are quite slim. His ONLY CHANCE is to attract stars and the only way that would happen is money.

I can see only two ways they could possibly accomplish that. One, the rookie cap which the XFL could theoretically take advantage of, and two Andrew Luck's father being in the position he is in.

Probably not going to happen, but if McMahon thinks we will just tune in to watch bad football without stars, then he has learned nothing. Just doesn't make sense considering how experienced he is in understanding what star power did for his other popular business.

Comment

• Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

Exactly. That was my point.

The XFL o-line will play against players not good enough for the NFL. It’s all relative. I think it would be easier for Luck because when the o-line screws up, it’s just a guy instead of Von Miller or Aaron Donald bearing down.

Comment

Working...
                                X