Andrew Luck retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gunns View Post

Reminds me of when Jim Brown retired at 29, although his was much more shocking. He was still at the top of his game. And his was much more a **** you to the Browns as they were fining him $1000 a day for not being in training camp. Once again, stupid Browns.

Best of luck to Luck but I think he's done. Hoping they don't get Lawrence because I want him for the Broncos.
    We won’t be bad enough under Fangio to get Lawrence. Shoulda just kept VJ and Keemian around if that were the plan.

Comment

• Really kinda shocked over this. I know he's been battling injuries for years, but he's such a competitor, I thought he would just keep on fighting the good fight, especially with all of those dollars still on the table, and also given he's still relatively young for a QB these days. Down deep he's still got to be wanting a SB ring. I definitely think in a year or 2 you might see him try to make a comeback. I'm really hoping by then Lock has proven we wouldn't need to attempt reaching out to Luck, but you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

They signed McCown a few weeks ago.
        I know, but he's like 40. And I can't imagine an injured player getting traded.

Comment

• Just saw the major injuries Luck has had over the last 5 years and its amazing he walking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

How so? By me pointing out that his daddy is CEO and Commissioner of the XFL? That's me dwelling on something? You appear to be dwelling on me dwelling on the possible connection.

If the overrated overpaid underachiever does miraculously find THE PASSION to play and he does commit to the XFL.....well we will know.
            Why would he play in the XFL? It's pretty obvious Oliver raised an outstanding young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

We won’t be bad enough under Fangio to get Lawrence. Shoulda just kept VJ and Keemian around if that were the plan.
              What? Not exactly sure where you were planning on going with this statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Why would he play in the XFL? It's pretty obvious Oliver raised an outstanding young man.
                The XFL is determined to succeed this time and one thing Vince McMahon realized after the failure of the first attempt is it is all about STAR POWER and not so much the sport.He made the mistake that others have made in trying to start up a football league and that is they all thought it was about the sport. It isn't. In order for that league to have any chance, he needs to get the stars and that will take big money. Money, that he may not be able to compete with the NFL, but then again he does have that ace in the hole. Imagine if he does land Andrew Luck and then that causes a domino effect. Right now the HARD CAP is making it literally impossible for teams to sign all of their stars.

If for instance the XFL was up and running right now, they will be enticing the Ezekiel Elliots of the world. When I saw that the XFL was planning on targeting Trevor Lawrence...next year.

Like everything else in life, big money wins. Nearly every time. Not saying that is what Luck is going to do. It is just that this calf thing has been a strange story from the time we first heard about it in regards to Luck. He went relatively injury free last year. Has his best OL he has ever had. Team is about as stacked as he has ever had. It has never been safer for QBs in the NFL. We see how Brady and Brees hardly get touched and they are still playing. We saw Luck doing some drills last week and he was cutting and moving with no wincing.

I know it is far fetched, but when you combine what Vince McMahon believes and then you have Oliver Luck as the CEO and Commissioner of the league that will apparently be competing for stars with the NFL. To me it is not such a stretch to think he would play for the XFL.
                Last edited by Broncoblood32; 08-26-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Aikman rips Doug Gottlieb...

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

The XFL is determined to succeed this time and one thing Vince McMahon realized after the failure of the first attempt is it is all about STAR POWER and not so much the sport.He made the mistake that others have made in trying to start up a football league and that is they all thought it was about the sport. It isn't. In order for that league to have any chance, he needs to get the stars and that will take big money. Money, that he may not be able to compete with the NFL, but then again he does have that ace in the hole. Imagine if he does land Andrew Luck and then that causes a domino effect. Right now the HARD CAP is making it literally impossible for teams to sign all of their stars.

If for instance the XFL was up and running right now, they will be enticing the Ezekiel Elliots of the world. When I saw that the XFL was planning on targeting Trevor Lawrence...next year.

Like everything else in life, big money wins. Nearly every time. Not saying that is what Luck is going to do. It is just that this calf thing has been a strange story from the time we first heard about it in regards to Luck. He went relatively injury free last year. Has his best OL he has ever had. Team is about as stacked as he has ever had. It has never been safer for QBs in the NFL. We see how Brady and Brees hardly get touched and they are still playing. We saw Luck doing some drills last week and he was cutting and moving with no wincing.

I know it is far fetched, but when you combine what Vince McMahon believes and then you have Oliver Luck as the CEO and Commissioner of the league that will apparently be competing for stars with the NFL. To me it is not such a stretch to think he would play for the XFL.
                    XFL can talk about it but I'm not sure they can pay the stars enough to get them out of the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                      20+ years of manning and luck and one Lombardi. Talk about underachieving.
                      That's criminal.

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

That’s the same reason I don’t want Herbert! Haha ;-)
                      Because I'm an Auburn fan?

Comment

• Season ticket holders were clogging the phone lines to the Indianapolis switchboard Monday demanding refunds because Luck retired and they don't want to pay to see Brisset.

If you think about it realistically...
                        Those bastards are likely going to tank for Tua.
                        And they will go almost back to back to back Franchise QBs.

​​​​​​

Comment

• The XFL, what a joke. They will NEVER compete with the NFL, or even college football. Never. Fans take their football seriously, and most fans are tied to a team, not a player. Star players come and go, free agency allows that. And when the college football and NFL seasons are over, it's not like there's any shortage of other sports for fans to watch. So it's not exactly like they're just competing with the NFL, they're taking on the NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA, NASCAR, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Could say the same same thing about Baker, Murray and Lawrence though. Oklahoma and Clemson are stacked as well.
                            Yeah but those teams have turned out solid NFL QB's in recent memory. Alabama...not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Yeah but those teams have turned out solid NFL QB's in recent memory. Alabama...not so much.
                              Oklahoma has Baker and Murray and they are still to be determined. Before that the best NFL QB from Oklahoma was Bradford and he was to soft for the NFL. Clemson has Watson and that's it. I get what you're saying but also the best players usually go to the best programs.

Comment

• I think I read that Andrew Luck's all time record against the Pats was 0 and 6 (including playoffs) with an average loss margin of 25 points. I know, none of that was his fault at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X