GameDay Thread: Pre-season Week 4: Denver Broncos vs. Los Angeles Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Skewing it I see. 6 of the 9 games were totals of under 24.

Lost his job cause his offense couldn’t score points/produce. Injury was just an excuse to keep him on the bench.
    Didn't skew anything . Did a straight average. So you want to ignore 1/3 of the data points?

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

Didn't skew anything . Did a straight average. So you want to ignore 1/3 of the data points?
      That’s misleading. You can score 50 points in one game then can’t break 13 next 4 games, you’re average still looking pretty good eh?

6 of 9 games under 24 points. Pretty simple week 1 was an anomaly.

The offense isn’t air raid mass point giant anyways. Their redzone struggles are real. Averaging 24+ needs a better redzone attack. With this defense they’ll likely play field position games. Which means they better bring another punter in these last couple weeks just to see if they can improve there.

Comment

See how you get? Where the **** did I say that? We’re talking season averages here. Last paragraph ONE game in particular.

Oakland dirt ass As infield will affect that game. Garbage stadium.
        Fair point, hopefully the defense can get some turnovers and flip the field a bit.

But it's certainly not a great stadium to play in for offenses.

Comment

Lost his job cause his offense couldn’t score points/produce. Injury was just an excuse to keep him on the bench.
          Eh....you are skewing things a little as well. They scored 23 in the Saints game.....but only because their kicker missed an extra point. One of the Sub-24 games was a 21-0 blowout of the Titans where they controlled the ball for 37 minutes and had 23 first downs. Also would have put up 30 on Denver if Simmons hadn't blocked that field goal attempt.

Comment

Well Flacco average point for the last year 9 games is 23.67, if you throw away the outliers 47 and 9 the average comes down to 22.42. The Broncos last year average is 20.56 and if you throw away the outliers 45 and 9, the average comes down to 19.64. So Flacco represent a 3 points addition ? if it is, just like last year Broncos would be 8-8 average. The only thing going for Flacco last year was 7 out 9 games the Ravens score 21 points or more. For the Broncos it is the same 7 out of 16 games.

Comment

It’s just hilarious how broncos fans are suddenly defending his play on the field as a Raven.

When we all know just last year we were hoping the Ravens would keep Flacco as the starter so it would take them out of the playoff hunt when there was a chance broncos could get a wildcard.

When Jackson was named starter broncos fans were upset as it increased their chance to reach the playoffs.

Flacco is the same QB we blasted over the years. Not some newly invented player. Bottom line he’s going to have to play better than he did last year.

Comment

It’s just hilarious how broncos fans are suddenly defending his play on the field as a Raven.

When we all know just last year we were hoping the Ravens would keep Flacco as the starter so it would take them out of the playoff hunt when there was a chance broncos could get a wildcard.

When Jackson was named starter broncos fans were upset as it increased their chance to reach the playoffs.

Flacco is the same QB we blasted over the years. Not some newly invented player. Bottom line he’s going to have to play better than he did last year.
                I dont think hes some new player, or how he was in 11-13. But i do think hes an upgrade over what we've had post-Manning, how much of one remains to be seen.

Comment

Flacco is the same QB we blasted over the years. Not some newly invented player.
                  Blasted ?

I don’t remember any Flacco posts but would love to see any of these past posts you reference about Broncos fans caring whether Flacco plays or not.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

I dont think hes some new player, or how he was in 11-13. But i do think hes an upgrade over what we've had post-Manning, how much of one remains to be seen.

That just magnifies how ****ty QB has been since Manning. Not a good look.

Maybe old back foot Joe will surprise the world. He hasnt fixed it when that nickname was at its peak 3 years ago.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...s-cost-him?amp

Comment

Blasted ?

I don’t remember any Flacco posts but would love to see any of these past posts you reference about Broncos fans caring whether Flacco plays or not.

Really? You don’t remember 2012? Some here said Rahim Moore was the reason for that trophy not Flacco. Others laughed their asses off at his balloon contract

completely overrated label by a lot of Broncos fans.

****ing Bert Sesame Street meme was spawned here.

Comment

Blasted ?

Surely you remember when his face graced the stadium and all the overrated suck comments flowed.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...3053a74&sr=amp

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Have you seen what Sloter has been doing with the Vikings?

I finally heard the announcers singing his praises. Yesterday, the Vikings offense was horrific. The Vance Joseph defense basically made the great Kirk Cousins look like crap. Then that backup QB came in and didn't generate a thing in the 3rd quarter. Then Sloter came in. Announcers guaranteed production. He immediately led them to two straight TDs. Had one incompletion.

Yes, I know it was against 3rd teamers and backups. He also plays with them, but that is besides the point.

The point is sometimes there are players that are sleepers that flash in training camp. Plenty of examples. I think Sloter could have been one of those. I was sort of joking when he was here (he was obviously the best QB on the roster) but now that I have seen him play so consistently there too. Well, I wish he would get a shot at starter somewhere .
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	81
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2485443

Comment

I think it is hilarious.
                            But I'm down. Better than last year.

Go Bert!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	49