QBs and passes of 20+ yards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I don't know if that's true either. Joe has had the 3rd, 11th, 28th, and 26th best running game in Baltimore the last 4 years. He's had a top 10 run game more often than not and it never really made him all that good.

I concede that if we have a great running game, perhaps we can carry Flacco, but no amount of help will truly stop him from being a bottom 10 QB.
    Better than Manning in 2015 though, right? Not that that matters all that much. Since, in fact Trevor Siemian and Case Keenum both had better seasons than Manning had in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Better than Manning in 2015 though, right? Not that that matters all that much. Since, in fact Trevor Siemian and Case Keenum both had better seasons than Manning had in 2015.
      You can't replicate the environment that came with Peyton Manning. Even if his statistics and body was deteriorated; he still commanded a huddle and controlled an offense like you wouldn't believe.

One of the first reports of training camp post Manning was "everything was a lot more laid back"... It was from that instance we have never been the same football team. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

You can't replicate the environment that came with Peyton Manning. Even if his statistics and body was deteriorated; he still commanded a huddle and controlled an offense like you wouldn't believe.

One of the first reports of training camp post Manning was "everything was a lot more laid back"... It was from that instance we have never been the same football team. Period.
        Yeah, I heard that "command of the huddle thing" before. Is that why their only TD in SB 50 was a 4 yard drive? Not sure what the command of huddle had to do with the 1 for 14 3rd down conversions which was the worst rate in SB history or that horrible int he threw in 50.

Also, after Manning threw those 4 horrific picks against KC that year Osweiler proceeded to go 5 and 2 as a starter.

Not sure what the command of the huddle had to do with the 5 and 2 record by Osweiler (if they didn't do that no home field advantage) or the 1 for 14 3rd down conversions, but perhaps you are right.

Still confusing though.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that "command of the huddle thing" before. Is that why their only TD in SB 50 was a 4 yard drive? Not sure what the command of huddle had to do with the 1 for 14 3rd down conversions which was the worst rate in SB history or that horrible int he threw in 50.

Also, after Manning threw those 4 horrific picks against KC that year Osweiler proceeded to go 5 and 2 as a starter.

Not sure what the command of the huddle had to do with the 5 and 2 record by Osweiler (if they didn't do that no home field advantage) or the 1 for 14 3rd down conversions, but perhaps you are right.

Still confusing though.
          Unfortunately I can only explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.

Comment

Still confusing though.
            Command of the huddle was audibling out of pass plays knowing the 2 worst OT on a SB team couldn't block probably the second best defense that year. Brock went 5 and 2 but lost a horrible game to the Raiders and got lucky to face a completely injury riddled Pat's team who he barely beat and a Bengals team with a backup QB.

Comment

Still confusing though.
              It's a larger argument, even about team attitude and practice culture. Manning had the gravitas, brains, and motivation to keep the team accountable. Held the chemistry of a lot of big wildcard personalities together to that historic end. And for some of it, he didn't even need to dress.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Command of the huddle was audibling out of pass plays knowing the 2 worst OT on a SB team couldn't block probably the second best defense that year. Brock went 5 and 2 but lost a horrible game to the Raiders and got lucky to face a completely injury riddled Pat's team who he barely beat and a Bengals team with a backup QB.
                CJ was amazing in that game, that's the first time I ever heard anybody refer to him as a 'mudder', LMAO. I know Manning did alot of those little things you don't see on stats, but I can also see where Broncoblood32 is coming from. It sure didn't seem like that 'huddle command' did all that much. Talk is cheap, as they say. You can only talk your way out of things so far, at some point you have to make plays, and Manning just couldn't do it that year. He was a big reason why the offense sucked so bad. Let's face it, the Defense is the reason why the Broncos won it all. They carried Peyton, they carried the offense, they carried Kubiak. Von Miller almost single handedly won that Superbowl.

Comment

This team won 50 because of their defense and had little to nothing to do with Manning's "command of a huddle."

Good God idolatry is annoying in fans.

Comment

This team won 50 because of their defense and had little to nothing to do with Manning's "command of a huddle."

Good God idolatry is annoying in fans.
                    The very next year when you saw the offense still struggle, you started to hear defensive grumblings about it.

Never happened under Manning. Their goal was to carry that man into retirement with a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

The very next year when you saw the offense still struggle, you started to hear defensive grumblings about it.

Never happened under Manning. Their goal was to carry that man into retirement with a championship.
                      Sigh

The Broncos defense in 2016 did not have DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, or Trevathan .

Rather crucial pieces.

In 2016 they were 9 and 7 without those pieces on defense. Didn't have anything to do with Peyton Manning's 9 TDs to 17Ints 33rd passer rating command of the huddle. The offense in 2016 was a bit better. Not good, but a bit better.

Last edited by Broncoblood32; 08-28-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Sigh

The Broncos defense in 2016 did not have DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, or Trevathan .

Rather crucial pieces.

In 2016 they were 9 and 7 without those pieces on defense.
                        Ware was still here, but you're not getting the point. I'm not saying the 2016 D was championship caliber.

I'm saying if the 2015 D had something resembling 2016 D's attitude, the margins were tight enough that there's probably no 2015 championship in Denver.

And I don't think 2015's D would've had the same attitude playing opposite the Broz as PFM.

Comment

At one point yestarday VS the Raiders...Mahomes completed 6 straight passes of 25+ Yards. (and they were ALL air yards)

Comment

Working...
                          X