Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This D is going to be SICK !!! Could we be looking at another SB for the D ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This D is going to be SICK !!! Could we be looking at another SB for the D ??????

Our starting D held Garoppolo to a QB rating of 0.0 . I understand it's preseason and all but still that is awesome. If we stay healthy I don't see why this D can't take us to the super bowl. The last D we had like this did and I see no reason why this one can't as well. Even with Failco playing average he still will be better then Manning in his last year here. Plus we have #30 again, so we should be able to put up more points. I mean think about it. I'm starting to understand the Dark Horse comments. I'm getting Jacked up for this season.

I agree that the team could be pretty solid. Not going to start thinking superbowl til we clinch a playoff birth. Tough division, tough schedule. Need some luck on the broncos side this year.

Comment

Loving this D as well. However, injuries concern me as the top 15 players on D are really solid, but the depth is questionable. If the D can stay healthy they can be a top 5 D in the league and lead to the playoffs, but if injuries occur I don't think we have the depth to overcome.

Comment

We need to score more than 14.3 ppg to make that happen, but yeah sure. It is preseason. Who the heck knows what will happen between now and February.

Comment

We had just about that same level of defense the year after the Superbowl in 2016. We finished 9-7 just missing the playoffs. Obviously this year won't go exactly like that year, but I see some similarities

Comment

Hate to say it but it all depends on Flacco, if the Broncos can get the passing game going everything else will fall into place IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
              Loving this D as well. However, injuries concern me as the top 15 players on D are really solid, but the depth is questionable. If the D can stay healthy they can be a top 5 D in the league and lead to the playoffs, but if injuries occur I don't think we have the depth to overcome.
              who the hell do you think you are with your rational expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                Hate to say it but it all depends on Flacco, if the Broncos can get the passing game going everything else will fall into place IMHO...
                If our run game allows us to keep joe under 25 pass attempts a game I believe this D can deliver alot of 17-10 victories.
                My biggest concern after watching these practice games is the kicking game, kick coverage ,especially suspect;
                what's new !

Comment

I love having a solid D.

Chubb is amazing.

Comment

Our starting D looks legit. But they will need to stay healthy. Because our depth is the stuff of landfills.

Comment

We're lacking the most important thing for a superbowl contender: A franchise QB. Until we get one of those, we're going to be stuck in this pit of mediocrity that we've been in since our last superbowl.

Comment

Depth is a huge issue and I have no confidence in the ILB position, but Chubb and Miller are for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                          I suggest you go back and look -- as I just did -- at Flacco's impeccable play off performance back in I think it was 2012 - when the Ravens won the SB. Flacco had a run game and tough receivers able to go up top -- and fight for and almost always win the contended passes...guys like Boldin for example. We will see if Sutton has that kind of toughness.

Denvers's run game should be even better than that Ravens team -- IF and it's a big IF -- the OL comes together.

A solid run game would work to Flacco's strength as a passer. Let's hope the OL gels. Bolles needs to take the next step.

Comment

Would love to be able to find a veteran early cut somewhere for ILB. I have hopes for Jewell to get better but he has a long way to go. One of the two needs to have some speed.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                              I suggest you go back and look -- as I just did -- at Flacco's impeccable play off performance back in I think it was 2012 - when the Ravens won the SB. Flacco had a run game and tough receivers able to go up top -- and fight for and almost always win the contended passes...guys like Boldin for example. We will see if Sutton has that kind of toughness.

Denvers's run game should be even better than that Ravens team -- IF and it's a big IF -- the OL comes together.

A solid run game would work to Flacco's strength as a passer. Let's hope the OL gels. Bolles needs to take the next step.

You honestly think Flacco is the same player 7 years from that 4 game performance? Do you realize he’s only been to the playoffs once since that 2012 postseason? One time since 2012. It’s 2019. Tombstone is correct. This season lives or dies by Flacco.

this fanbase called Flaccos 2012 performance a fluke and he was just lucky. “Rahim Moore won their super bowl” was the trendy comment back then.

Flacco will have to do something he’s never really done. Not carry the entire team cause the defense is legit, but he needs to carry the offense. Score TDs.
                              Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-21-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X