Garrett Bolles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Bolles...

He sucked last night. This supposed improvement definitely didn't slow last night. There was 1 running play he just ran by 2 people, like he was afraid to actually block someone. The first guy he avoided hitting got into the backfield and made Freeman cut back inside, and didn't make it back to the LOS.

Then the holding call on the long pass. First off, if Von is the defender, that isn't called, but Bolles was pwned on that play, and many others. Hated the puck when it happened, and he's done nothing to show me he is an NFL LT in the 2+ years he's been here.
    Last edited by sgbfan; 08-20-2019, 09:53 AM.

Was that the running play where blocking that defender wasn't Bolles' assignment and the only reason the defender was there was due to an illegal hands to the face (that was called)?

Comment

Move Bolles to Guard as a last chance ditch effort to make the team. If another yellow pops up, cut em.

Comment

Originally posted by DHallblows View Post
        Was that the running play where blocking that defender wasn't Bolles' assignment and the only reason the defender was there was due to an illegal hands to the face (that was called)?
        I don't know what his assignment was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't too run past everyone without hitting anyone.

4th play in this clip. All the plays he's in here make him look bad.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KP_Show/s...Fid%3D22123938

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
          Move Bolles to Guard as a last chance ditch effort to make the team. If another yellow pops up, cut em.
          What about Leary & Risner?

Comment

they should either try to move him or just dump him. he's a lost cause. just doesn't think the game at a high enough level.

Comment

You know who else sucked last night. Joe Staley. Chubb whooped him up and down all night.

10 yard holding penalty or a sack fumble. Not sure which is worse.

Comment

Bolles is a hog sh!t player. Terrible feet, awful technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                  I actually think Bolles isn't nearly so bad as he's made out to be (I don't think he's great either), but on a side note, why isn't Risner a consideration for tackle? Isn't that what he played in college? I assumed he'd be a starting guard, but in the long run, he'd take over the right tackle spot.

Comment

Elijah Wilkinson didnt make a serous case for bolles Job from what I saw though i went to bed midway through the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by steeledude View Post

I actually think Bolles isn't nearly so bad as he's made out to be (I don't think he's great either), but on a side note, why isn't Risner a consideration for tackle? Isn't that what he played in college? I assumed he'd be a starting guard, but in the long run, he'd take over the right tackle spot.
                      I'm just frustrated with the drives I've seen this guy single handily stall. Drives that were marching for points. Points win games.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

I don't know what his assignment was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't too run past everyone without hitting anyone.

That's nonsense. He looks fine in most of those plays. The play you're so excited about it looks like he's trying to get to the second level, which may have been his assignment. Or he may have screwed up on that play.

Comment

Originally posted by manchambo View Post

That's nonsense. He looks fine in most of those plays. The play you're so excited about it looks like he's trying to get to the second level, which may have been his assignment. Or he may have screwed up on that play.
                          The holding play he looked really bad on. Not his best effort in that game if you ask me. The Broncos are definitely not going to cut him, he's not that level of bad, jesus some people totally over react. But it's looking more and more like he's not a LT in this league. Maybe try him at RT. The problem is, that's where Risner played most of his Tackle also. I suppose we could try Bolles at LG and draft a LT next year, Leary should be gone by then.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

The holding play he looked really bad on. Not his best effort in that game if you ask me. The Broncos are definitely not going to cut him, he's not that level of bad, jesus some people totally over react. But it's looking more and more like he's not a LT in this league. Maybe try him at RT. The problem is, that's where Risner played most of his Tackle also. I suppose we could try Bolles at LG and draft a LT next year, Leary should be gone by then.
                            That would be my plan. Cut leary and move Bolles to OG next season. Get a real LT in the draft or FA.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

Huh? He looked at least serviceable on every play in there except the running play...

Comment

Working...
                              X