Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    What will make you people happy ?
    Beating Mahomes and/or regaining our winning record against Belichick would be a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Beating Mahomes and/or regaining our winning record against Belichick would be a start.
      I was at our Monday night game. We would have won that game with any competent QB . Yes I'm saying Failco is Competent and Yes I'm saying Keesum was not. That was an ugly pass that should have won the game for us.

Comment

Maybe you should drop the Fail nickname for Flacco if you say he’s competent.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          The faid released him for some off field stuff.
          He wasn't caught jacking it on someones couch at 2am tho, so we decided to pick him up.
          Hold up here.

Was Kelly really playing 5 on 1 on someones couch, or is that alleged?

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

No kidding. I love Chubb and Shelby but Staley completely whiffed on the Chubb pressure that led to an INT. You're not going to see that very often from tackles. And I'm worried that Shelby will be mis-used. He is one of our better pocket-collapsers. Why is he being used as a 3-4 nose tackle in base defense and removed from the field on 3rd downs?
            most 270 lb OLB can't move the way Chubb did on that play, which is why Staley blew it.

The only backup DL with run stuffing ability is Kerr, so if you sub out Wolfe(who is no longer able to pass rush) and Gotsis(who never could) for Walker and Jones then do you keep Shelby in the center of the line and have a group that is entirely suspect against the run?

The problem is that we don't really have any complete DL players on this team, they all either do one thing or the other which means you have to mix and match.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

Hold up here.

Was Kelly really playing 5 on 1 on someones couch, or is that alleged?
              He was slapping the one eyed snake man. Bopping the bologna.

Comment

Harris looks a bit fatter but that is fine for the NT. He was a beast last game.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                  Need to pay him and Simmons now, they'll be much more expensive the closer free agency gets.
                  I love how everyone just assumes that players and their agents are falling over themselves to sign contracts and that teams not being forward-thinking enough to lock guys up early is the only issue.

If I'm Harris and Simmons there's no way I'm signing a contract right now, when I have a Fangio D to be featured in all season with a top caliber supporting cast. It' definitely worth the risk for these guys to not sign some below market contract in the preseason.

But of course, if they do well, and end up signing with us or someone else for a ton of money, it will be non stop bitching and moaning that Elway doesn't know what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post

I love how everyone just assumes that players and their agents are falling over themselves to sign contracts and that teams not being forward-thinking enough to lock guys up early is the only issue.

If I'm Harris and Simmons there's no way I'm signing a contract right now, when I have a Fangio D to be featured in all season with a top caliber supporting cast. It' definitely worth the risk for these guys to not sign some below market contract in the preseason.

But of course, if they do well, and end up signing with us or someone else for a ton of money, it will be non stop bitching and moaning that Elway doesn't know what he's doing.
                    I think you're right in that it's much more difficult than we like to think to ink anyone in this kind of scenario.

I don't think it necessarily leads to unreasonable expectations though. This is essentially how the Malik Jackson situation played out. He ended up getting (over)paid and I think most fans here were resigned to it vs blaming Elway for it.

Comment

You forget that an injury could derail the whole thing and they don't get anything. Of course they would sign a contract now if offered to them. they might not take some seriously low ball offer, but a fair offer they would take. It's alot more than a middle to late draft pick rookie contract. Meh, I need to see more polish from both of those guys before I extend a contract offer if I'm Elway. It's not like either player is likely to be all world where they would demand major bank. If we see a nice improvement, pay them a contract that's fair.

Comment

Well, yes and no. I dont think either would sign for pennies, but if the offer is reasonable, i think both would consider it, but yes a year in Fangio's D will surely help their pockets.

But always the injury game and take whats in front of you and worry about the rest later.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

You forget that an injury could derail the whole thing and they don't get anything. Of course they would sign a contract now if offered to them. they might not take some seriously low ball offer, but a fair offer they would take. It's alot more than a middle to late draft pick rookie contract. Meh, I need to see more polish from both of those guys before I extend a contract offer if I'm Elway. It's not like either player is likely to be all world where they would demand major bank. If we see a nice improvement, pay them a contract that's fair.
                          I didn't forget about injuries at all. That's why I said that it was worth the risk to wait it out. If they think that playing in this system for a year is going to potentially increase their value by multiple millions (which it very realistically could since both will play important roles in this defense), and they have mentally prepared themselves to play as hard as possible this year for a contract, then there is no way they are signing some preseason contract the year before. I also guarantee you that their agents would be advising them against it.

Also keep in mind that there is no such thing as a "contract that's fair" anymore in the NFL if a player can make it to free agency. With the cap continuing to increase and contracts all out pacing each other year over year, an above average safety like Simmons could be looking at a huge payday in March if he has a good season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Drunken.Broncoholic2;n2484239]Maybe you should drop the Fail nickname for Flacco if you say he’s competent. [/QUOTI have always called him that. Too late to change now. Take it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I think you're right in that it's much more difficult than we like to think to ink anyone in this kind of scenario.

I don't think it necessarily leads to unreasonable expectations though. This is essentially how the Malik Jackson situation played out. He ended up getting (over)paid and I think most fans here were resigned to it vs blaming Elway for it.
                              we could have had Harris locked up long term with a fairly low salary this off-season.

Comment

We're going to Malik Jackson ourselves again with this guy by not signing him when we could on the cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X