Game Day Thread: Preseason Week 3: San Francisco 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post

the 49ers knew our plays and were selling out Flacco stated(Manning rule) it was so quiet that when he was calling plays he could hear his vice echoing back at him ... In his words not good
    Pump in crowd noise for when the Broncos have the ball? It could work. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Pump in crowd noise for when the Broncos have the ball? It could work. ;-)
      gave me a good Chuckle.

Hogan was huddling a couple of foot from the d and they were standing there just a watching him .

Our OL was doing something as well that was telling 49'ers it was a run they were crashing in on every running play totally selling out. this OL is not as bad as being depicted!

Our OL was decent the last 5 or so games last year.

Kyle loves pulling this Crap because he was passed over by us so yes he has an ax to grind. Glad he found our flaw this early and we have time to fix it.

Comment

• My guess is Lynch has already told Elway the fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
          - It's preseason. All you can really get out of it is how the starting units perform in the few series they have. Usually, what we see in this game and the next is what we'll see in the season opener from the starters.
          - Starting D appears to be competent.
          - Starting O as I expected has the ol' learning curve to overcome. New staff, new system, new QB's, new TE's, WR's are inexperienced except for Sanders, OL has two new starters and an inexperienced center.
          - ST's the punter is JAG, the returners are JAG's

- Fangio, every time the camera shows him on the sideline he's doing nothing. Doesn't talk into the headset, doesn't have a playcard in his hand, isn't interacting with players or coaches. Just stands there stonefaced.
          I am sure the trainer have Cutler's ipod somewhere he can use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Itโ€™s not about this game. Itโ€™s about years of examples. Just watch SF last year and before in the redzone.

In 11 years Kyles offenses finished in redzone top 10 only twice. Plenty of times finished near or at the bottom.

http://www.knbr.com/2019/02/14/a-dee...eans-for-2019/

Im hoping Scangs is his own man and can adjust. people praise Kyle in SF, truth is heโ€™s on the hot seat if itโ€™s not turned around this year.
            i would argue it has less to do with scheme, as nowadays they all run similiar stuff, and more to do with the actual players on the field. its a players league. what good qbs has kyle actually worked with? ryan? thats about it. this zone\ power argument probably gets laughed at by someone like munchak. if we dont score in the redzone its cause we dont have the players executing. end of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

i would argue it has less to do with scheme, as nowadays they all run similiar stuff, and more to do with the actual players on the field. its a players league. what good qbs has kyle actually worked with? ryan? thats about it. this zone\ power argument probably gets laughed at by someone like munchak. if we dont score in the redzone its cause we dont have the players executing. end of story.

Cousins was more than decent. That argument falters a little cause it spans several teams with decent rosters especially at OL. SF was near the top of the league as a rushing team, had no problem moving the chains then poof redzone fail all the time even during Jimmys hot streak last year.

Bortles and Jags led the league in redzone TD percentage. They run a somewhat similar system but itโ€™s different mainly in power blocking. Very run heavy. Itโ€™s not only the players talent when itโ€™s 20 yards to go IMO. Slow developing run plays with lighter OL when the box is stack due to no field, bad things happen. We saw that during 15-16 with Kubiak. Near the bottom in redzone both years.

i donโ€™t understand this fascination with Kyles system.

https://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/49er...-approach/amp/
              Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-20-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

gave me a good Chuckle.

Hogan was huddling a couple of foot from the d and they were standing there just a watching him .

Our OL was doing something as well that was telling 49'ers it was a run they were crashing in on every running play totally selling out. this OL is not as bad as being depicted!

Our OL was decent the last 5 or so games last year.

Kyle loves pulling this Crap because he was passed over by us so yes he has an ax to grind. Glad he found our flaw this early and we have time to fix it.
                I totally forgot about the Shanahan revenge angle. The Broncos screwed over his dad too by not hiring him to replace VJ. First it was Tampax, now Shanahan, and next week Wade and Talib are gonna get theirs. Oh lawd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

I totally forgot about the Shanahan revenge angle. The Broncos screwed over his dad too by not hiring him to replace VJ. First it was Tampax, now Shanahan, and next week Wade and Talib are gonna get theirs. Oh lawd.
                  yep, but they are teaching us what teams are going to pull and where we need to fix the problems Our OL is tipping off the run with there stance or their spacing . It might be that the D could just here our calls who knows. I will say this I do believe we will fix it.

Comment

yep, but they are teaching us what teams are going to pull and where we need to fix the problems Our OL is tipping off the run with there stance or their spacing . It might be that the D could just here our calls who knows. I will say this I do believe we will fix it.
                    Agreed. I definitely think the line is better than they showed on Monday night. Iโ€™ve always felt that those games following joint practices are tricky. The Niners very easily could have picked something up from them in practice.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X