Study: Athletes perform better under negative, angry coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    I don't think VJ's coaching staff had one freaking clue as to how to motivate Lynch. Not one clue
    I don’t think VJs staff had one freaking clue about leading an NFL team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

I remember one coach who came into the locker room at half time and kicked the trash can across the room and then left, he was so pissed lol... but it fired us up.
      Yes, and I remember one of my coaches who did something similar. All it did was reinforce my opinion that walking and chewing gum was his career ceiling, never mind coaching competitive sports. If he had any clue (he didn't), then he'd have known that our biggest problem was him.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post

Yes, and I remember one of my coaches who did something similar. All it did was reinforce my opinion that walking and chewing gum was his career ceiling, never mind coaching competitive sports. If he had any clue (he didn't), then he'd have known that our biggest problem was him.
        Bummer for you but my coach was a helluva good coach

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post

The key is that you can't pull **** like that on a team unless you already have their respect.

I've had coaches that were complete ****ing morons, and I've had coaches that I'd have run thru a wall for.

The morons had no chance of saying a single word that would motivate us. We weren't listening anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
            So what you're saying is Fangio is likely to be a better coach than VJ? That's wonderful.
            You're likely to be a better head coach than VJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

You're likely to be a better head coach than VJ.
              Lol, that’s probably true. At least I know how to work a headset.

Comment

Working...
              X