Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo: Broncos could be a dark horse in the AFC

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...cos-tough-team

He makes some solid points, although he probably has more faith in Joe Flacco than I do at this point in time. Fangio over VJ is an instant upgrade though. If we get halfway decent play from Flacco, I could definitely see us going 9-7 or 10-6 and at least snagging a Wild Card.

This team has spent two years with garbage at QB and incompetent tom****ery at coaching.... 10 wins and a WC race should be seen as the bar, because with just basic competence at those key potions above over the last two years would have seen WC, no doubt about it...

Comment

Tony Romo is the realest announcer out there.

His opinion is more valuable than any other analyst out there.

Comment

I’m optimistic but we have 2 really good teams in our division.

Comment

I played in a charity golf tournament at the Dallas Athletic Club a couple of years ago and Tony Romo was in the foursome ahead of us. I got to see him on the greens and teeing off, he looks and plays like a pro. The same goes for Sam Bradford he’s got to be around scratch and both spent hours signing autographs and especially for the young kids.

Also has to rate at the very top of the NFL announcers, I like the way he sets up the play options before the snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
            https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...cos-tough-team

He makes some solid points, although he probably has more faith in Joe Flacco than I do at this point in time. Fangio over VJ is an instant upgrade though. If we get halfway decent play from Flacco, I could definitely see us going 9-7 or 10-6 and at least snagging a Wild Card.
            What he really did is equate the tough AFCw to the old NFCE where 3-4 teams were battle tested come playoff time and a WC from the east could still have success in the playoffs.
            Last edited by CEH; 08-18-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

On one hand, I really value what Tony Romo has to say.

On the other, Joe Flacco.

Here's hoping Tony's right, again

Comment

To me it is going to come down to Chubb and Miller and the secondary. If this team can truly dominate QBs the way they did under Wade Phillips, I think we can go far. I think Lindsay and Freeman are good enough to grind out yards to help Flacco do enough, but it all comes down to the defense dominating.

Comment

LB’s and Flacco suck until there’s upgrades keep dreaming

Comment

If things break right, I could see 9-7/10-6. Bottom line is that it's a QB league and our QB for the season is Joe Flacco. Also, the team is pretty unproven and or mediocre at LB, WR, LT and P. TE is a huge question too, although how much will depend on how quickly Fant develops into a stud. We'll be a better team by process of the elimination of VJ, but it might not be reflected in record this season. I think we're probably one more solid draft and cap space clearing season away from being a playoff team. But that's why they play the games.

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                      LB’s and Flacco suck until there’s upgrades keep dreaming
                      Keep your eye on the rookie LB from Oregon. He's big, strong, versatile and very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                        This team has spent two years with garbage at QB and incompetent tom****ery at coaching.... 10 wins and a WC race should be seen as the bar, because with just basic competence at those key potions above over the last two years would have seen WC, no doubt about it...
                        They have had a horrific QB since the 10th game of the 2014 season.

Just so we know.

Comment

I think its more of a transitionish year, but if the offense can be consistent (big ?), and the defense stays healthy and does what it looks like they can be, could be a surprising year.

But i agree with razor, i think we're one more good draft, and cap clearing FA spending away from being good again.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                            To me it is going to come down to Chubb and Miller and the secondary. If this team can truly dominate QBs the way they did under Wade Phillips, I think we can go far. I think Lindsay and Freeman are good enough to grind out yards to help Flacco do enough, but it all comes down to the defense dominating.
                            Agree with this. It will also be dependent on that push from Wolfe and company. If they get consistent disruption from the middle along with Miller and Chubb (really hope he has a breakout season) it could be quite special.

I am confident if this team stays healthy, they could make far bigger splash than many think.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Agree with this. It will also be dependent on that push from Wolfe and company. If they get consistent disruption from the middle along with Miller and Chubb (really hope he has a breakout season) it could be quite special.

I am confident if this team stays healthy, they could make far bigger splash than many think.
                              Hopefully our rookie Jones can be the difference maker there.

Comment

Working...
                              X