No announcement yet.

Rotating tickets (Ticketmaster)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had 0 issues entering the stadium with the rotating barcodes. Airplane mode with apple wallet worked right away on my brother's phone. In tandem, I tried loading them on the Broncos 365 app. There were issues initially pulling them up near the stadium but as soon as I connected to the stadium wifi, it immediately loaded. I did not try to use my phone as the other Apple wallet worked right away. At the next preseason game, I will try the 365 app in airplane mode to see how that works scanning tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post

Actually worked fine. Back in 2016 one of the iOS updates allowed NFC to still work in airplane mode on iPhones. Apparently it switches itself on as soon as it is near a signal... which somehow doesn't sound secure.

So I have to report that everything worked really well for us getting into the game last night. I sent my wife mobile tickets for her and our daughter to get in separately, while my buddy and I used Apple wallet NFC tickets (in airplane mode) and the scanner picked them up within a few seconds of each ticket on the phone. Best part was short preseason gate lines!

My wife used the 365 app with the rotating bar. She did not try airplane mode, but had no issues.

Beavis, I get your concern, and I have a concern about transferring too many tickets because of the Broncos kicking people off season ticket lists for "selling" too many of their games. However, everything worked relatively well and painlessly.

I hear they had a problem with the mobile parking permits though.
      Yeah, I'm not really afraid of it from a tech standpoint...it's more from a user experience standpoint. I've gone with guys that just bring buddies I barely know... just adds an unnecessary level of planning to all that IMHO.

Now I guess we'll have to babysit people through registering for ticket accounts and installing apps unless you want to personally guide them all through the gates one by one.

Plus it's just irritating to see a dirtbag entity like Ticketmaster tightening the screws on the resale market. Who knows how excessive they'll get once they granularly control each and every admission.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Plus it's just irritating to see a dirtbag entity like Ticketmaster tightening the screws on the resale market. Who knows how excessive they'll get once they granularly control each and every admission.
        Amen, brother.

I get all of the issues. We discussed this here last year too. I am not a fan, but had less problems than I thought. I don't like the fact that TM and the Broncos can now so easily track your use of tickets.

Comment

One massive positive of the 365 App I want to share is that you can access replays and 3 different angles for EVERY play while you are in the stadium. Under the Gameday selection, there is a choice for Replay and Livestream. I used the Replay a few times when they weren't showing us enough on the big screen. It was really cool.

Comment

One massive positive of the 365 App I want to share is that you can access replays and 3 different angles for EVERY play while you are in the stadium. Under the Gameday selection, there is a choice for Replay and Livestream. I used the Replay a few times when they weren't showing us enough on the big screen. It was really cool.
            Nice. I'll have to check that out next time.

Comment

Does the wifi really keep up with that? It was so bad a few years ago I stopped bothering.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                off the top of my head this would be something to explore....Use one-time accounts and email addresses and if you wanted to sell the ticket you'd have to give the person the account to beat the 30 second timer.
                Back to Garcia's idea... is there a transfer fee this year? I think there used to be. If not, might just start transferring as needed to a dummy account I can hand out temporarily to people.

Comment

Does the wifi really keep up with that? It was so bad a few years ago I stopped bothering.
                  Yep. They beefed it up a year or two ago. Works really well now.

Comment

Back to Garcia's idea... is there a transfer fee this year? I think there used to be. If not, might just start transferring as needed to a dummy account I can hand out temporarily to people.
                    No transfer fee to send Monday's ticket to my wife, or next week's game to my buddy.

Comment

No transfer fee to send Monday's ticket to my wife, or next week's game to my buddy.
                      I swear it used to be $5 per. Maybe they did away with that when they took away printing.

Comment

Working...
                      X