Rotating tickets (Ticketmaster)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating tickets (Ticketmaster)

Sounds like Ticketmaster has implemented the dreaded rotating e-ticket via smartphone app for NFL games.

Don't count on your ticket screenshots working anymore. Big Brother will have total control.

So how do you display your ticket at the gate this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
      So how do you display your ticket at the gate this season?
      Haven't used it yet, obviously but from what I understand, the barcodes are changed every 30 seconds, which you'll display via the Ticketmaster app for scanning.

Which means you can't screenshot the barcode because by the time it gets scanned a different one will be active.

Comment

off the top of my head this would be something to explore....Use one-time accounts and email addresses and if you wanted to sell the ticket you'd have to give the person the account to beat the 30 second timer.

Comment

Flash tickets does this. Issue is if you have a bad Internet connection at the stadium you will have to go to will call I guess .

Comment

There's got to be a workaround for the older folks who don't have smart phones.

Comment

Oh ffs I was just planning my first ever game trip this year. Do they have wifi at the gates? Otherwise I'm kind of ****ed, that's out of country data usage for me, probably costs more than my whole damn trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                off the top of my head this would be something to explore....Use one-time accounts and email addresses and if you wanted to sell the ticket you'd have to give the person the account to beat the 30 second timer.
                You could keep using the same account, just change credentials. A dick could try to steal it while they have your password, but all that would get them would be a useless email and ticketmaster account.

I don't suspect they care all that much about that part though. They just want to finally know for sure whether you're using the ticket or someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  Flash tickets does this. Issue is if you have a bad Internet connection at the stadium you will have to go to will call I guess .
                  Yeah, I've seen it with one other service, can't remember which.

My guess would be the app stores the seed for the barcode generation so if it works to generate one, it will keep generating them without an internet connection.

I'll have to test that out before I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                    There's got to be a workaround for the older folks who don't have smart phones.
                    My understanding is that they also offer a card option for season ticket holders that can be swiped (or scanned maybe) for ticket generation.

I will say I have never had any issues with FlashSeats auto generating a barcode every 60 seconds and I have used them probably 50+ times for various Avalanche, Rapids, concerts, etc. with zero issue. Of course those are events with <18,000 people...there will be over 4x the people sucking up data and the mediocre wifi at the stadium. Very possibly a cluster**** waiting to happen.

They will have 2 less-attended preseason games to work out some kinks FWIW

Comment

Season ticket holder here...we got notified of this back in April/May and the first thing that came to mind was the crappy connections/wi-fi around that giant metal structure and 70,000+ people trying to use at the same time. Truly a disaster in the making.

Comment

The broncos tickets website faq says this:

WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A SMARTPHONE OR I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT MOBILE TICKETING AT THIS TIME?
                        If you do not have a smartphone, please contact our Customer Service department at 720-258-3345 or [email protected] for assistance. Staff is here to answer any questions concerning Mobile Entry, General Ticketing or Mobile Wallet registration.

If anyone tries this, let me know. Would love to be able to say "I don't have a smart phone. Just give me gd, old fashioned paper tickets!!"

Would be great if this was an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedogg View Post
                          The broncos tickets website faq says this:

WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A SMARTPHONE OR I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT MOBILE TICKETING AT THIS TIME?
                          If you do not have a smartphone, please contact our Customer Service department at 720-258-3345 or [email protected] for assistance. Staff is here to answer any questions concerning Mobile Entry, General Ticketing or Mobile Wallet registration.

If anyone tries this, let me know. Would love to be able to say "I don't have a smart phone. Just give me gd, old fashioned paper tickets!!"

Would be great if this was an option.

Also saw this on Ticketmaster's website:
                          • Nervous about cell phone service or WIFI at venues? This ticket has you covered. When you view it in our App, your ticket will be automatically saved so it’s always ready.
                          • Phone battery issues, cracked screen, or not using a smart device? No problem. Simply visit the venue box office on arrival. You’ll want to have your ID handy and order number to pick up your tickets.

Agreed though, I'd prefer a regular ticket, even just to keep as a souvenir!

Comment

And this is what happens whenever I try to view the barcode of the tickets on my phone. ****ing great. this is a disgrace. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-152609.png
Views:	258
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2482388

Comment

Has anybody been able to list tickets on stubhub? If so how? Even when I use the browser in incogito mode and go to the website it gives me a 502 error!!! This is so stupid!!

Comment

Working...
                              X