Not sold on Fangio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sold on Fangio

Just calling it like I see it, I think he's another overreaction. Young coach didn't work, lets get an old one!

I don't think he will be a successful HC at this point in his career.

This thread is here to bump when we don't go 8-8, or for me to eat crow when we do.

I think it's legit to worry if his sometimes gruff exterior might alienate some players. We've seen it before. The season truly depends on Scang.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
      I think it's legit to worry if his sometimes gruff exterior might alienate some players. We've seen it before. The season truly depends on Scang.
      I'm honestly most worried about his ability to adapt to the current NFL landscape. It's just WAY different being a HC instead of DC when it comes to stuff like twitter.

Comment

I'm not sure 8-8 would indicate that he is a bad coach. There are some glaring issues in the roster. I'll be happy with Fangio if the team goes 4-12, but operates as a disciplined unit that doesn't continuously shoot itself in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post

I'm honestly most worried about his ability to adapt to the current NFL landscape. It's just WAY different being a HC instead of DC when it comes to stuff like twitter.
          So Twitter is why he will fail?

Comment

Just calling it like I see it, I think he's another overreaction. Young coach didn't work, lets get an old one!

This thread is here to bump when we don't go 8-8, or for me to eat crow when we do.
            I mean I guess if you theoretically had the choice of any coach you wanted, I might feel this way.

Fangio, IMHO, was the best out of a list of lackluster options. We missed the bright young NFL HC wave on VJ. Was pretty slim pickins when we were on the market again.

Certainly might not work out. Probably have to give it more than a couple weeks in preseason to figure it out.

Comment

I'm a little worried about it as well, particularly given his indication that he intends to be more hands on with the defensive side of the team thus adding to his responsibilities on game-day. The league is littered with Coordinators that were excellent in that position but ultimately failed to make the jump necessary to being a Head Coach. Its not unreasonable to have concerns that Fangio might fall into this category as well. However, I will say that I feel so much better about this particular coaching staff than I ever felt about Vance Johnson's crew.

Comment

We have no ****ing idea at this point.

Comment

Can't judge a new coach after one year. I hope for better fundamentals, clock management and more organization. If we get that and show some improvement I will judge him on wins and losses after next season.

Comment

I, for one, love the hire. Time will tell if he has the goods to be a head coach, but mark me down as one that absolutely loves where this team is headed. Can't fix it all in one year, but I think we will take a big leap forwards and not be frustrated by so much mismanagement this year (compared to VJ). Player management, media management, clock management, salary management, staff hires - I like where everything is headed at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                      Good! Send those guys packing.

Comment

It will all come down to if they can get him a real QB or not. Flaccid is not it and it all hinges on Lock.

Comment

I like Fangio and think he will be a good HC. That being said I still expect to lose 9+ games this year.

Comment

This team needs discipline . That is what it s getting. I love the fact that he is not afraid to put the players in thier places. To many premadonas out on the field. I love were we are going. Llke the previous poster said. I can't be fixed in a year. How many years did it take to **** it up .

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X