Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting video on Fangio defensive philosophy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting video on Fangio defensive philosophy.

I am sure many have seen this or may have been posted before.

I do think it is pretty fascinating and it seems to be a bend but don't break style. Could and probably should generate turnovers.

Socal told us it is a patty cake D with fat guys going titty to titty in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

I do think it is pretty fascinating and it seems to be a bend but don't break style. Could and probably should generate turnovers.
      Man, that guy has a great voice. He needs to be doing radio, or voice-overs.

Comment

that was not an encouraging video whatsoever... if we are relying on our non pass rushing linebackers and our secondary to make plays for us, we are screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaMia View Post

that was not an encouraging video whatsoever... if we are relying on our non pass rushing linebackers and our secondary to make plays for us, we are screwed.
          Your posts are having bad effects on my colon. I might as well drink Colonel buttchug's irradiated sphincter scorcher sauce.

Comment

The bad thing about a bend but don't break defense is they are usually on the field alot. The defense will wear out faster and it's harder for your offense to get any rhythm if they're going long stretches without being on the field. This type of defense can work, but only if they are fantastic in the redzone.

Comment

Didn’t watch the bears but the harbaugh 49er defense were extremely hard nosed and disciplined. If that’s what we are getting, I’m super excited.

Comment

This guy’s not very smart. Defenses are developed over time. Bears didn’t roll out a talented defense when Fangio started. He built it from ground up. Same with SF.

Comment

Your posts are having bad effects on my colon. I might as well drink Colonel buttchug's irradiated sphincter scorcher sauce.
                  Fraking hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                    This guy’s not very smart. Defenses are developed over time. Bears didn’t roll out a talented defense when Fangio started. He built it from ground up. Same with SF.
                    Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying this defense does not have the talent or anywhere close to the talent those defenses had? The guy (granted, he sounds prepubescent) acknowledged that the defense most certainly has talent along the front 7 and in the secondary.

Unless you are saying there is not talent on this defense. While there are a lot of really stupid fans that post here, I don't think you are that stupid. I must not be reading your post accurately. Admittedly, I am about as sharp as a bowling ball myself.
                    Last edited by Broncoblood32; 08-13-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Not entirely certain what your issue with his analysis is. His central thesis appears to be that Fangio's style of defense is designed to enable good players to make good plays and is thus somewhat reliant on those same players to be effective. As far as hot takes go, that one isn't particularly edgy, and he does make some cogent arguments to support his postition. Now, I don't find his entire presentation convincing, but I will acknowledge when someone has put both thought and work in to their efforts.

Comment

Yes on Bears. No on Niners. The Niners went from average at best in 2010 the year before he took over to #4 in yards and 2nd in points in 2011. Mike Singletary and his staff was badly exposed when Harbaugh and Fangio took over. There was some talent there, especially on defense. Fangio really didn’t have to build anything, he just managed it better. I’m kind of hoping he does something like that here because I think there is some talent on the defense that wasn’t utilized correctly last year, imo.

Comment

I lol'd….

Comment

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/0...ch-vic-fangio/

On Fangio’s play-calling style:

“Vic isn’t like Rex Ryan and will come out with a lot of funky fronts. He’s not a trick-them type of guy. Vic is a fundamental type of guy and that’s what ultimately wins in the NFL. What the key to Vic’s defense is, when you watch his guys, they are so fundamentally sound as far as how they play off the ball, meaning their linebackers and secondary. They play with great vision and he puts them in position so they can read route combinations and they can break on the ball. And that’s why they’re so good at creating turnovers. When you play a lot of press man at the line of scrimmage, that high octane, feast or famine type of defense, you don’t get a whole bunch of turnovers because your back is to the ball a lot. (Fangio’s defenses) back off a little more, which requires you to be very smart, very versatile as far as different kinds of coverage schemes they like to run and it requires you have to great technique with your footwork so you can get to the ball when you need to. And he always has ball-hawks who can catch the football.”

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                              The bad thing about a bend but don't break defense is they are usually on the field alot. The defense will wear out faster and it's harder for your offense to get any rhythm if they're going long stretches without being on the field. This type of defense can work, but only if they are fantastic in the redzone.
                              Not if our guys force turnovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X