• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronk out for the season?

Possible torn ACL.

I'm not sad.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ted-leg-injury

Wish we could've gotten a two-fer and Brady went out with him.

Yeah, I went there.

Not ashamed to say it.

Comment

The nfl rules to protect players at work. Perfectly clean season ending injury.

Comment

It is what it is. Doesn't matter if people like it or dislike it. It's not going to change the fact that it happened. Both NE and DEN really banged up this year. Still the 2 best teams in the AFC. Just goes to show you how important good depth is. That's why all those late round picks mean so much. All those undrafted players. Some of these guys will be on the field for you at some point in most cases.

Comment

I hate to see a guy get injured(unless it's Brady) but this does help us in making our inevitable rematch a little easier.

Comment

Comment

I think we can beat that team with or without Gronk. I'm never happy to see injuries, but it's part of the game. We've been bitten as bad as any team this year.

Comment

Never like to see anyone get injured, personally.

It's part of the game though, and more injuries like this will happen with the new rules to "protect" the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
                  The nfl rules to protect players at work. Perfectly clean season ending injury.
                  Yep, if the NFL would have just let that DB Atwater him Gronk, there's probably a 90 percent chance he'd been fine and probably holds onto the ball. Now you have the best athletes in the world targeting knees so they don't get penalized and fined. Bravo NFL.

Comment

Go low, take out a knee but avoid a penalty and fine...

Comment

Feel bad for Gronk. It was an a$$hole play by Ward who speared his knee. Don't know if it was deliberate or not (probably not) but I hate seeing that stuff from any player on any team.

Comment

Believe it or not, players don't want to go low either. Guilty conscience... ending a players season/career...

However, Gronk is impossible to take down above the knees...

Comment

He'll be down at the local club tonight with a brace on his knee and his shirt off.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                            Feel bad for Gronk. It was an a$$hole play by Ward who speared his knee. Don't know if it was deliberate or not (probably not) but I hate seeing that stuff from any player on any team.
                            That wasn't dirty. That was caused by Ward thinking a split second before the tackle to go low and avoid the penalty and fine that would have come had he just run through Gronk and got some helmet to helmet.

Comment

Good to see people not celebrating the injury for the most part. We're better than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X