No announcement yet.

Chefs vs Bungles PS game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I think they will score a ton of points. What will be interesting to me is will Andy be wanting to set records in the regular season or play for post season? I think he is a guy who puts more stock in regular season than other coaches like BB but there could be games they are up and just run clock and pull starters.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      Now I think they will score a ton of points. What will be interesting to me is will Andy be wanting to set records in the regular season or play for post season? I think he is a guy who puts more stock in regular season than other coaches like BB but there could be games they are up and just run clock and pull starters.
      My thinking on this is that Andy, even if KC's d is better....will have been involved in recent games where he lost a playoff game 45-44 that he led 28-3, he lost a game 54-51 to the Rams...he lost by a combined 6 points to the pats twice in shootouts. ....I can name others..but my thinking is that Andy isn't going to be inclined to let off the gas much and he's got the horses (see what I did there?) to put 40 a game if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

My thinking on this is that Andy, even if KC's d is better....will have been involved in recent games where he lost a playoff game 45-44 that he led 28-3, he lost a game 54-51 to the Rams...he lost by a combined 6 points to the pats twice in shootouts. ....I can name others..but my thinking is that Andy isn't going to be inclined to let off the gas much and he's got the horses (see what I did there?) to put 40 a game if he wants it.
        You’re banking a lot on PMS staying healthy all season. Nonetheless, it should be interesting to watch.

Comment

I think Chiefs can break the scoring record.

I already laid a bet on Mahomes TDs being 50+

KCs defense will need to be less than average though so Mahomes and Co don’t put the brakes on in 2nd half’s

Comment

In the last 9 games of 2018 KC was 5-4 and averaged about 32 ppg.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
              In the last 9 games of 2018 KC was 5-4 and averaged about 32 ppg.
              And after week 7 they had the easiest schedule. And they stil lost any tough games they played to the sparklers, Seahawks and NE. Barely pulled out a win vs BALT. The rest were gimme games.
              KC couldn't beat the good teams last year and their D hasn't improved at all. Their D actually looks worse than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

And after week 7 they had the easiest schedule. And they stil lost any tough games they played to the sparklers, Seahawks and NE. Barely pulled out a win vs BALT. The rest were gimme games.
                KC couldn't beat the good teams last year and their D hasn't improved at all. Their D actually looks worse than last year.
                No sure thing they beat Balt in Balt took a Hail Mary to beat them in KC and KC can thank Denver for helping KC win the division

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

No sure thing they beat Balt in Balt took a Hail Mary to beat them in KC and KC can thank Denver for helping KC win the division

It was obvious teams figured them out by then and good teams were simply beating them.
                  They haven't improved. Which is weird to me. You would of thought Kool Aid would have gone for broke but instead he traded Dee Ford and got robbed of draft picks for an even worse pass rusher, and over drafted a WR and a S. That's it. I watched Andy Dalton (L O L) carve them up yesterday like it was nothing with a rookie WR.

Comment

My other thought on this....and yes, it's only preseason...but now having seen Mecole Hardman on a football field with other guys in pads running at full speed....I try and evaluate individual players in preseason, and not so much the team as a whole just becasue they mostly are running vanilla stuff....Hardman was electric...the speed popped off the screen....ran a jet sweep for a TD where you can see he's simply outrunning defenders...caught some nice passes...gets separation. You are going to have a perfect storm of elite targets all over the field with a QB who can throw all over the field....I think the ingredients are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                      My other thought on this....and yes, it's only preseason...but now having seen Mecole Hardman on a football field with other guys in pads running at full speed....I try and evaluate individual players in preseason, and not so much the team as a whole just becasue they mostly are running vanilla stuff....Hardman was electric...the speed popped off the screen....ran a jet sweep for a TD where you can see he's simply outrunning defenders...caught some nice passes...gets separation. You are going to have a perfect storm of elite targets all over the field with a QB who can throw all over the field....I think the ingredients are there.
                      And as far as we know, Hardman basically has Tyreek Hill’s skill set without being a woman or child abuser, so that’s a good thing for KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                        I think Chiefs can break the scoring record.

I already laid a bet on Mahomes TDs being 50+

KCs defense will need to be less than average though so Mahomes and Co don’t put the brakes on in 2nd half’s
                        What's the payoff on that? That is a lot of TDs but Reid does call plays to pad his stats with a bunch of shuffle passes at the goalline and quick outside to wr. KC was healthy last year. If they take a few OL or WR injuries it will be tough for them.

Comment

Man, it sure looked easy yesterday.
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/statu...48689401077761

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

What's the payoff on that? That is a lot of TDs but Reid does call plays to pad his stats with a bunch of shuffle passes at the goalline and quick outside to wr. KC was healthy last year. If they take a few OL or WR injuries it will be tough for them.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...s-mahomes-odds

injuries will be the main factor. If they have big leads by the 3rd quarter I can see them sand bagging late in those games.

Comment

KC is the team to beat this season in the AFCW. Homers can sneer at them as they please, but until we beat them it's all pansy posturing. KC has handed the Broncos L's over and over for a few years, so don't embarrass yourselves talking **** until the Broncos actually serve KC a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                                KC is the team to beat this season in the AFCW. Homers can sneer at them as they please, but until we beat them it's all pansy posturing. KC has handed the Broncos L's over and over for a few years, so don't embarrass yourselves talking **** until the Broncos actually serve KC a loss.
                                We were competitive in both games last year, with no QB, no coaching.

It really depends on this coaching staff this year. If they are competent, we can win those games.

Comment

Working...
                                X