Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grades for Broncos @ Seahawks Preseason Game

The grades are in for the Broncos vs Seahawks game

Here are the top 5 highest graded defensive players for the Broncos last night (minimum 15 snaps):

1. Alexander Johnson (89.0)

2. Justin Hollins (87.3)

3. Josh Watson (74.3)

4. Su'a Cravens (72.4)

5. Zach Kerr (72.4)

The grades are now in for the Broncos vs Seahawks game!

Here are the top 5 highest graded offensive players for the Broncos (minimum 15 snaps):

1. Connor McGovern (70.0)

2. Dalton Risner (68.3)

3. Austin Fort (65.3)

4. DaSean Hamilton (64.5)

5. David Williams (61.4)

@PFF_Broncos

First Broncos offensive drive was 12 snaps, so I assume many offensive starters didn't qualify for PFF grades. How about Fant or Fumagalli? Did either have 15 snaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post

2. Dalton Risner (68.3)

3. Austin Fort (65.3)

​​​​​​Agreed on Risner, noticed some good stuff.

Fort .... any good news on him?

Comment

I thought Malik Reed looked pretty good, at least on the pass rush. Where did he grade at?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

​​​​​​Agreed on Risner, noticed some good stuff.

Fort .... any good news on him?

Comment

As for the Seahawks, Paxton Lynch finally showed that he's an NFL caliber QB. He flashed some impressive athletic skills, the other night. I for one am very happy to see him succeed. It's a sobering thought that the Broncos could one day face a Seattle team led by Lynch. It's also quite possible that Lynch has a higher ceiling than Drew Lock.

It's also obvious why Elway was so high on Lynch. Elway is definitely vindicated. It's just too bad Lynch was unable to develop in Denver.

I also feel I must add that I'm ashamed of the way Bronco fans ridiculed this young man during his time in Denver. There's nothing more pathetic than an armchair quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
              As for the Seahawks, Paxton Lynch finally showed that he's an NFL caliber QB...
              ​​​​...There's nothing more pathetic than an armchair quarterback.
              You sir have imbibed far too much and are clearly drunk.

Preseason against 4th team guys doth not make Paxton Lynch awesome. He did the same ****e for us too. Don't you remember?

I do. I also remember his Jane Fonda headband sqeezing his head so that he looked like an angry bird character.
              I remember him Running in Passing Drills and doing as little as possible. And crying.
              And posing like Goofy.

​​​​​​

Comment

....Even when they prop up Chiefs players, PFF grades often seem off to me most of the time. I am not sure who or how they come to their conclusions, but I don't think their system is good. I've watched alot of NFL games, read their grades and often wonder if they were watching the same game. I trust my eyes quite a bit more than their grades. I only watched the first half of Broncos/Seahawks...but I don't know how McGovern finished with a very high grade. I thought he was awful just from watching. I saw someone was asking about Fant. I can't speak at all to his route running, catching etc...but he blocked very poorly on the plays he was tasked with it. I know he wasn't brought in for his blocking prowess..he's in denver to catch passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                  ....Even when they prop up Chiefs players, PFF grades often seem off to me most of the time. I am not sure who or how they come to their conclusions, but I don't think their system is good. I've watched alot of NFL games, read their grades and often wonder if they were watching the same game. I trust my eyes quite a bit more than their grades. I only watched the first half of Broncos/Seahawks...but I don't know how McGovern finished with a very high grade. I thought he was awful just from watching. I saw someone was asking about Fant. I can't speak at all to his route running, catching etc...but he blocked very poorly on the plays he was tasked with it. I know he wasn't brought in for his blocking prowess..he's in denver to catch passes.
                  McGovern was OK on the first drive at least and I watched quite closely, no significant mistakes but no great blocks either. You may be thinking of Barkley who blew a couple of blocks. Fant had a couple of great blocks but also blew it on a block that lead to a stuff on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                    The grades are in for the Broncos vs Seahawks game

Here are the top 5 highest graded defensive players for the Broncos last night (minimum 15 snaps):

1. Alexander Johnson (89.0)

2. Justin Hollins (87.3)

3. Josh Watson (74.3)

4. Su'a Cravens (72.4)

5. Zach Kerr (72.4)

The grades are now in for the Broncos vs Seahawks game!

Here are the top 5 highest graded offensive players for the Broncos (minimum 15 snaps):

2. Dalton Risner (68.3)

3. Austin Fort (65.3)

5. David Williams (61.4)

@PFF_Broncos
                    My recollections on the ILB play were not quite as rosy and I was paying most of my attention to them but still I think there is potential here.

Alexender Johnson blew coverage on the Rashad Penny screen, however he was otherwise pretty solid. He is huge and doesn't get moved by blockers but doesn't shed them well either. Generally in position against the run. Was tasked with shadowing the RB on pass plays and was usually in the right spot to take them away as a dumpoff option. Only 1 real passing route from the RB as I recall that he had to cover, looked to me like he was a little behind but you can only follow so much on these telecasts where they don't show replays with routes visible beyond 10 yards at most. He looks slow to me laterally and in pursuit. To be honest he reminds me a lot of Todd Davis but haven't seen enough of him in coverage to know if he's better. Has most of the 1st half and came in again late and shut down the 3rd string running game from the Hawks which boosts his grade

2) Hollins - I am excited about this kid in coverage, again limited but the telecast but he was on the TE for the most part and on a lot of short outs and crossing patterns had his man covered perfectly. Hard to know how he does against deep or seam routes. Overpursues in the running game, overpursued on the first play leaving a nice cut back lane for Penny who slipped(Simmons had it covered too though but it should have been Hollins). Got a few snaps at OLB as well, didn't do anything with them.

3) Bierra - nice speed and good pursuit but bites on playaction hard, multiple times including the wide open TE completion for Tampax. Seemed to generally be in the right spot on run stops. Didn't get as many snaps as I thought he would, not a great sign or just a sign they want Hollins to get as many looks as possible

4) Josh Watson - got a lot of 2nd half snaps and did pretty well with them, generally in the right spot and had RB's covered. Looks like a decent practice squad candidate

5) Joe Dineen was mostly awful

6) Watson and Malik clearly look a step ahead and faster than Holland. Need to see Malik v. Holland on run stops to see who can hold up on containment. Watson will be the primary backup for ChubbMiller.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

My recollections on the ILB play were not quite as rosy and I was paying most of my attention to them but still I think there is potential here.

2) Hollins - I am excited about this kid in coverage, again limited but the telecast but he was on the TE for the most part and on a lot of short outs and crossing patterns had his man covered perfectly. Hard to know how he does against deep or seam routes. Overpursues in the running game, overpursued on the first play leaving a nice cut back lane for Penny who slipped(Simmons had it covered too though but it should have been Hollins). Got a few snaps at OLB as well, didn't do anything with them.

Great write up, thanks. I thought I remember Hollins playing more OLB in HOF game, so they appear now to be pushing him more inside which was the thought when he was drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

Alexender Johnson blew coverage on the Rashad Penny screen, however he was otherwise pretty solid. He is huge and doesn't get moved by blockers but doesn't shed them well either. Generally in position against the run. Was tasked with shadowing the RB on pass plays and was usually in the right spot to take them away as a dumpoff option. Only 1 real passing route from the RB as I recall that he had to cover, looked to me like he was a little behind but you can only follow so much on these telecasts where they don't show replays with routes visible beyond 10 yards at most. He looks slow to me laterally and in pursuit. To be honest he reminds me a lot of Todd Davis but haven't seen enough of him in coverage to know if he's better. Has most of the 1st half and came in again late and shut down the 3rd string running game from the Hawks which boosts his grade

3) Bierra - nice speed and good pursuit but bites on playaction hard, multiple times including the wide open TE completion for Tampax. Seemed to generally be in the right spot on run stops. Didn't get as many snaps as I thought he would, not a great sign or just a sign they want Hollins to get as many looks as possible

4) Josh Watson - got a lot of 2nd half snaps and did pretty well with them, generally in the right spot and had RB's covered. Looks like a decent practice squad candidate

6) Watson and Malik clearly look a step ahead and faster than Holland. Need to see Malik v. Holland on run stops to see who can hold up on containment. Watson will be the primary backup for ChubbMiller.
                        Nice write-up. Didn't watch ILB that closely, but my recollection was that Alex Johnson played pretty well. He would probably get exposed pretty badly in coverage as teams get film on him, but overall he's seems to have potential as thumper/situational ILB. Hollins seems to be more fluid in coverage, but over-pursuit at an NFL level is a killer. Players are so fast and physical you are rarely able to cut back against the wash and make a play. Still really concerned about depth and talent across the board at ILB.

Comment

Barclay sucked so bad on the oline. He was the weak link followed by McGovern (who gets blown back into the QB at least once a game). Risner looks like the truth at OG.

Defensively, I liked Reed He and Cravens really stood out to me. Also, Bausby was pretty good.

Comment

Also, Fant and Lock are still in think before reacting mode. The talent is there and they flash signs but they are in a new system and it’s a faster game. They haven’t added the mental part where they are comfortable with the flow of the game. It’s going to take them some time to put it all together. I just wanna see them build off the previous game.

Comment

Fant's blocking has been a really nice surprise for me. He'll put it together as a receiver. All of the physical tools are there.

Comment

Working...
                              X