Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st team Offensive line

Quick breakdown of the 1st series/1st team offense with focus on the line

#1 - Don Barkley RG beaten, Lindsey forced outside, no gain, everyone else hit their blocks
    #2 - Lindsey 10 yard run, he starts to the L entire O line was moving R, looks like Phil made the mistake but makes up for it by going R, great job pulling by Risner to seal the hole open
    #3 - Screen to Lindsey - great job by Risner selling the block then handing the man off to Bolles and getting in front of Lindsey. Keeps Kendricks from stepping up and stopping the screen for only a few yards, doesn't get the cleanest block on him on the run but its enough
    #4 - Royce no gain - Juwaan gets stood up at the line leading to the stuff, noone gets any particularly good push
    #5- Royce big gain - lots of credit here - Both Bolles and Risner hit their blocks, Great job by Fant against Kendricks and then Jano in the hole
    #6 - Screen to Tim Patrick - nice job by Bolles and Fumigali getting on their blocks for a solid gain
    #7 - Lindsey stuffed - Barkley unable to get on the LB, Mcgovern unable to move his man, Juwaan unable to get a clean block eliminating the limited possibility of a cutback. Both Bolles and Risner hit their blocks
    #8 - Dumpoff to Freeman - great pocket, credit to Risner for reading the stunt and picking up his man
    #9 - Freeman no gain - missed block by Barkley
    #10 - Lindsey no gain - missed block by Fant
    #11 - Missed fade - Hawks show 7 at the line and bring 6 - Risner makes a mistake and goes for Bolles man llowing a free rusher inside who Lindsey does a nice job of picking up after initially setting to pick up the free rusher outside giving Flacco just enough time/space to make the errant throw

On the whole I am really encouraged. Our offensive line has looked like garbage for years including preseason and this actually looked like a cohesive competent unit. Barkley is clearly the weak point and is a backup. Its only preseason but I think the Munchak effect is already noticeable.

I guess Barclay is playing because Leary isn't ready to go?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
      I guess Barclay is playing because Leary isn't ready to go?
      They’re taking it easy with him like they are with Callahan

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
        Quick breakdown of the 1st series/1st team offense with focus on the line

#1 - Don Barkley RG beaten, Lindsey forced outside, no gain, everyone else hit their blocks
        #2 - Lindsey 10 yard run, he starts to the L entire O line was moving R, looks like Phil made the mistake but makes up for it by going R, great job pulling by Risner to seal the hole open
        #3 - Screen to Lindsey - great job by Risner selling the block then handing the man off to Bolles and getting in front of Lindsey. Keeps Kendricks from stepping up and stopping the screen for only a few yards, doesn't get the cleanest block on him on the run but its enough
        #4 - Royce no gain - Juwaan gets stood up at the line leading to the stuff, noone gets any particularly good push
        #5- Royce big gain - lots of credit here - Both Bolles and Risner hit their blocks, Great job by Fant against Kendricks and then Jano in the hole
        #6 - Screen to Tim Patrick - nice job by Bolles and Fumigali getting on their blocks for a solid gain
        #7 - Lindsey stuffed - Barkley unable to get on the LB, Mcgovern unable to move his man, Juwaan unable to get a clean block eliminating the limited possibility of a cutback. Both Bolles and Risner hit their blocks
        #8 - Dumpoff to Freeman - great pocket, credit to Risner for reading the stunt and picking up his man
        #9 - Freeman no gain - missed block by Barkley
        #10 - Lindsey no gain - missed block by Fant
        #11 - Missed fade - Hawks show 7 at the line and bring 6 - Risner makes a mistake and goes for Bolles man llowing a free rusher inside who Lindsey does a nice job of picking up after initially setting to pick up the free rusher outside giving Flacco just enough time/space to make the errant throw

On the whole I am really encouraged. Our offensive line has looked like garbage for years including preseason and this actually looked like a cohesive competent unit. Barkley is clearly the weak point and is a backup. Its only preseason but I think the Munchak effect is already noticeable.
        Excellent thanks !!

Comment

Great breakdown. I hope Wilkerson is the primary backup at G when the season starts. Barclay is horrible. Haven’t seen much of Sam Jones. How’s he doing?

Comment

One of the Denver local talking heads was saying they talked to Leary, and he told him that he should be ready to go for the SF game Monday night. We’ll see.

Comment

With musical chairs being played on the Oline, I wouldn’t mind seeing the same five guys play a few preseason games together for continuity. Zone-step blocking schemes require synchronization. The sum of the parts need to mesh as one. That’s hard to do when players are being shuffled. I’d like to see the same five starters get some experience playing together before the opener.

Comment

Mcgovern still snaps the ball off target way to much.

he would have been the perfect swing backup had Denver resigned Paradis

Pretty sure Bradbury was the top choice at 20 and I’m hearing Sternberger is showing up more than Fant right now. He went #75

oh well

Comment

Great break down op.

Comment

I have liked the youth of the OL for 2 or 3 years now... it is time for them to get it together.

Comment

Center snaps are going to cost Denver a game or two this year.

Comment

one thing looks clear... Risner looks to be a fixture going forward. Every other position is a question mark to some degree or another

Comment

Got a feeling Risner is going to be the best lineman ( offensive or defensive) taken in the 2019 draft.

Comment

Guess we didn't need to draft OL Nelson @ #5 last year.

Comment

Chubb may not be Nelson but he’s not chopped liver. He’s a really good young football player.

Comment

Working...
                              X