X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Murray didn't take a single snap from under center. Kingsbury's offense looked far more dynamic. I wish he was the one coaching Lock.
    He played 1 drive too.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Murray looked pretty good btw. You are boxscore scouting.
    Murray didn't take a single snap from under center. Kingsbury's offense looked far more dynamic. I wish he was the one coaching Lock.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Dude, your once again trying way too hard. Paxil has had YEARS to figure it out. Years.
    So he had one good game against some scrubs. Calm down. Also Murray didn't look like anything special throwing for 44 yards and a sack last night. And he's playing in his college system!!!!
    According to you, its over!!! Cut him!!!!
    Just calm down Rod. Can they get a couple pre season games under their belt?
    FFS
    Murray looked pretty good btw. You are boxscore scouting.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    I thought Lynch was pretty bad too. There were no wow plays. It was a lot of him running around uncontested and playaction that our garbage third stringers bit on every time. If we blitzed him like Seattle blitzed Lock, I doubt he scores once.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    its Paxton lynch. He sucks. He will always suck. If you cannot see the forest through the trees and think he is good, has turned a corner or anything else you need to quietly re-evaluate what you think you see. Its Paxton lynch. lololololol.

He sucks. He will always suck.

Lock looked about what I expected. The best part is he just is not following through. That is a lot easier to correct than throwing motion or aim or reading a defense. All things Paxton has proven 100% in capable of.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    Originally posted by yerner

that's the story broncos fans will want to tell themselves. i've been saying for 4 years lynch would be perfect in that type of offense. we're just too stupid to put him in it and made him "win" the job from backup scrub talent. he brought most of it on himself, but the guy looks like he might have saved his nfl career last night. could bounce around and get paid for the next half decade as a very talented backup.
    Von Chubb would crush Lynch in a real game and at least one of Harris, Bausby, Simmons or Jackson would have gotten a pick last night. No way Paxton is as good as he looks in preseason.
    But he did improve. If he can do that again next week and the week after, then he will be #2 behind Wilson. #2 is perfect for him anyway because knowing what I know about the fella I don't think he couldn't handle a #1 job.

As to our young QB prospect...
    Lock did way better with his footwork out of the pocket when comparing his game last night to the hof game. And just as I predicted, from shotgun (where he doesn't have to do a drop) he turned the burners on. Lock may need a few more at bats before he is anything close to ready to be a #2. But right now, from shotgun, he could still come in and save the day should he be needed. That is good to know.

Keys to focus on with Lock IMO...

Footwork. He needs to get to the point that he just does it right without thinking about it. Right now he is still telling himself what he needs to do and that takes mental away from reads.

Reading the D. Lock needs to look at the angles and understand the weak points in protection. Even though he should be behind a line that can give him more than 2 seconds, he won't always be. And that means presnap reads become even more important. He needed to call for a shift of protection on the last int play. There were a few times when he didn't call out the uncovered rusher and should have seen it.

Looking off Safeties and CB's. Lock needs to scan and know that they are watching him scanning the field. He projected where he was going a couple times. In a real game those would be INTs or even defensive scores. (One was an Int)

Arch. His ability to throw Lazer straight bullet passes is awesome. But I want to see ability to drop it in from above over defenders arms

Those things will get better if worked on.

For a Rookie... And compared to last week... Lock showed progress. If he can fix one thing at a time, but at this fast rate he is showing, he will be ready by next year for sure
    (Took Paxton 4years to show anything other than regression.)

Funny thing is Siemian's tendency to float backwards was something I hated. Yet it is the opposite for Lock, he needs to work on getting from center into the pocket without thinking about not stumbling. And he could use a few hours day of training his drop back leg and torso movements into his brain. It should be second nature by next year if he focuses.

​​​​​​(.. Seimian could see what was coming, and he would get back to the pocket fine, but he would just keep floating backward afraid of the rush... I would be like "Yes! That looks good, wait WTF are you doing? Stop, you coward. Let the tackles circle! Aw sht..." Then munkeyspunk would get splattered for a 15 yard loss. )

Lock has a high ceiling.
    And he may be ready if Joe eventually gets hurt in our long season of tough opponents, Even if Hogan keeps him at #3 to start the season.

We could certainly game plan a switch to Shotgun plays that could give Lock a better chance now if he had to come in. And that's exactly what I was thinking last week. Now I'm more than sure of it.
    Maybe by game 4 he will look like a pitcher that learned how to pitch...

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Drew Lock was a senior, started 4 seasons in the SEC, and I believe he's the QB with the most snaps ever in the SEC, and look at the process he's going through to learn a pro-style offense with a long and complicated verbiage. Now imagine Paxton Lynch as a junior coming out of Memphis. Lynch already had the challenge to learn Kubiak's playbook with all that verbiage, then the Broncos changed to Mike McCoy's offense in 2017 and then to Musgrave's offense in 2018. That's not how you develop a QB, regardless of his maturity and work habits. Both sides have to do their job. The learning process became too complicated for a raw QB. Even Derek Wolfe said it:

Not only the drafting of QBs has been an issue in Denver, but also the development plan for these QBs.
    Dude, your once again trying way too hard. Paxil has had YEARS to figure it out. Years.
    So he had one good game against some scrubs. Calm down. Also Murray didn't look like anything special throwing for 44 yards and a sack last night. And he's playing in his college system!!!!
    According to you, its over!!! Cut him!!!!
    Just calm down Rod. Can they get a couple pre season games under their belt?
    FFS

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Lynch failed because he was too worried about video games vs putting time in on his football skills.

I know it is only 2 preseason games but Lock isnt even number 2 quality on the depth chart at what he has shown so far.
    Locks fine. He needs to play with the 2's. He played with total dog crap last night. How many snaps were in the dirt last night? You rewatched the game. 6? How many dropped passes? 6?
    The o line are guys who aren't going to be on the team in 10 days and Brown and McKnight can't catch. Hell, even Winfree catches the hard ones and then he drops the wide open passes. Same for #48. Dude cant catch. Lock made his mistakes but he was running for his life much of the game. Mohammed not even chip blocking on the safety wasn't helping either. And he still orchestrated points and made plays. He plays with the 2's He'll look a lot better.
    Den Biggest issue is the depth. The starters are fine. But the depth on the Oline for example is really bad. Cant have any injuries. That's concerning.

Upside Is the starters are good. Which is nice for a change. You could tell there was a set system in place and they were all on the same page. Never saw that last couple years. Flacco was in command and the run game and more importantly the outlet passing game to the RB's was clearly featured in just the short time the starting offense was out there. It's very reminiscent of that ATL-Shanahan offense.
    The starting O line for being on the field for the 1st time was monstrous. No penalties. None.
    Risner was ragdolling folks. Bolles did his job. Which is what we all wanted to see. Nothing super special, but consistent and doing his job, not making major mistakes against starters.
    This is a good sign because if the run game is there, in this offense the passing game will open up.

The D was even more impressive. Like 2015 impressive. They weren't even trying. Von was at 2% and they were collapsing the pocket and in the backfield. This D is evil. Loaded in the secondary.
    Bausby, Yiadom, and Su'a all were in prime from and they were the question marks prior to this year. Not anymore. If this team can get competent play from the ILB position, which none of the starters played, and the interior pass rush is collapsing the pocket, this team is a top 3 D. Maybe #1. Vic has it and it shows. But to me, to be the best in the league will fall on if Dremont Jones can be an impact player at DE. If he can get going and really find his legs and start rotating in with Wolfe and Gotstis........look out, cause that rush is already monstrous.
    And remember Vic and Scans were playing vanilla. Not showing much.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied

Wait what? You don't think Lock is backup material? We've seen Schaub, Geno, and Hogan and they didn't do squat. Lock has been up and down but his flashes are beyond anything the #2s have done.

If you said starter quality, I'd agree. But backup? Come on now.
    Yeah he has a long way to go. He will be the 2 by default but it's going to be a long project.

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Drew Lock was a senior, started 4 seasons in the SEC, and I believe he's the QB with the most snaps ever in the SEC, and look at the process he's going through to learn a pro-style offense with a long and complicated verbiage. Now imagine Paxton Lynch as a junior coming out of Memphis. Lynch already had the challenge to learn Kubiak's playbook with all that verbiage, then the Broncos changed to Mike McCoy's offense in 2017 and then to Musgrave's offense in 2018. That's not how you develop a QB, regardless of his maturity and work habits. Both sides have to do their job. The learning process became too complicated for a raw QB. Even Derek Wolfe said it:

Not only the drafting of QBs has been an issue in Denver, but also the development plan for these QBs.

Agree

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied

Wait what? You don't think Lock is backup material? We've seen Schaub, Geno, and Hogan and they didn't do squat. Lock has been up and down but his flashes are beyond anything the #2s have done.

I agree. Hogan is not really a vet (in name only because he's held a clipboard for 3 years) . Microwave Lock. We aren't winning games with Hogan anyways. I bet Lock will be #2 by the last cuts.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    I know it is only 2 preseason games but Lock isnt even number 2 quality on the depth chart at what he has shown so far.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zealot
    replied
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

why couldn't the Broncos get this out of Lynch? BECAUSE THE COACHES SUCKED
    1000%

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Lynch failed because he was too worried about video games vs putting time in on his football skills.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X