Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LikeABoss5820
    replied
    First team D looked great, and they were just playing a vanilla scheme.

First team O looked good, and nothing really that exotic either, bunch of runs and some screen passes, and one fade. First team OL looked good.

Lock was up and down but better, but he is playing with garbage and mostly players who wont make the 53. It would be cool if he played with some guys who can catch, and an OL that can block. But he still showed progress from last game.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Gary, coming from a guy who bought his wife and named her Cindy, you'll just have to excuse us from not taking anything you say seriously. No go find some more practice tape of your team dominating.
    So Cal, you seem like the kind of guy who would probalby like to know what it's like to experience the touch of a woman before you die. Cindy has cousins...my finders fee is reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied
    I think Lock will be fine. People overreact too much to the preseason. Remember that he got a late start due to the contract negotiations. And Fangio is making him earn it by putting him as the 3rd string and making sure he stays humble. I respect that. Already I think the offense looks much improved over last year, regardless of who's running it. Defense and Lindsey will always be money. And did you guys notice how long our drives were last night (several that were over 5-6 minutes IIRC)? That will really wear a defense out by the end of the game, while keeping ours fresh. And for those doubting Lock, that throw to Fumangali was just unbelievable. Right on the money. Lots more of that to come.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied
    FWIW, I did call that this was going to be a Tampax revenge game several months ago, lol.

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Tampax revenge game!!! ;-D
    https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/22329-?p=2460707#post2460707

;-D
    Last edited by Mile High Salute; 08-09-2019, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied

Gary, coming from a guy who bought his wife and named her Cindy, you'll just have to excuse us from not taking anything you say seriously. No go find some more practice tape of your team dominating.
    Lolol, savage

Leave a comment:

• Action
    replied

Lmao

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    Just saw the Lynch highlights. ROFL, was he really getting all that excited over playing decent against a bunch of nobodies and probably never will be? I wish the SeaCock mascot would have whooped his ass when he ran up and started throwing those punches.
    Lynch is going to make a pre-season trophy for himself just like the KC fans, lol.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

I love this and so many other evals of Locks footwork...he's been playing football since he was a kid and started 4 years at MIZZOU....wouldn't it stand to reason that if he was ever going to fix his footwork that it would have happend by now....you all don't think Dooley (who coached in the NFL) would have noticed this issue? .....you don't suppose Lock went back for his senior year because he probably had a bunch of NFL scouts in his ears telling him about his footwork? ....have you noticed yet that he just isn't the most pocket aware guy in the world too? 4 years of starting and he just doesn't have that quality of sensing the pressure around him.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

I love this and so many other evals of Locks footwork...he's been playing football since he was a kid and started 4 years at MIZZOU....wouldn't it stand to reason that if he was ever going to fix his footwork that it would have happend by now....you all don't think Dooley (who coached in the NFL) would have noticed this issue? .....you don't suppose Lock went back for his senior year because he probably had a bunch of NFL scouts in his ears telling him about his footwork? ....have you noticed yet that he just isn't the most pocket aware guy in the world too? 4 years of starting and he just doesn't have that quality of sensing the pressure around him.

I have no argument in this. But you actually think some QBs in this league didn’t have bad footwork that developed into good after college? Do I really need to list examples?

You come here everyday trying to school Broncos fans. When in reality you’ve never felt the pleasure of watching your team win a super bowl. That fan feeling that can only happen after a championship. You have never felt that. So until then your words ring hollow.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post

I'm thinking pretty much the same. Lock is seeing the open guys downfield, seeing how the patterns develop, but it's kinda clear he's still trying to get his feet where they should be to deliver a pretty pass. The brain and feet are a bit out of whack. Just gonna take some time.

Leave a comment:

• TheWave
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Take away Freeman's 50 yard run and Freeman and Lindsay combined for 6 carries for 9 yards (1.5 avg).

Scangs better figure it out quick. An elite run game is literally the only thing that justifies this fossilized offense.
    This take is incredible

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

Von Chubb would crush Lynch in a real game and at least one of Harris, Bausby, Simmons or Jackson would have gotten a pick last night. No way Paxton is as good as he looks in preseason.
    But he did improve. If he can do that again next week and the week after, then he will be #2 behind Wilson. #2 is perfect for him anyway because knowing what I know about the fella I don't think he couldn't handle a #1 job.

As to our young QB prospect...
    Lock did way better with his footwork out of the pocket when comparing his game last night to the hof game. And just as I predicted, from shotgun (where he doesn't have to do a drop) he turned the burners on. Lock may need a few more at bats before he is anything close to ready to be a #2. But right now, from shotgun, he could still come in and save the day should he be needed. That is good to know.

Keys to focus on with Lock IMO...

Footwork. He needs to get to the point that he just does it right without thinking about it. Right now he is still telling himself what he needs to do and that takes mental away from reads.

Reading the D. Lock needs to look at the angles and understand the weak points in protection. Even though he should be behind a line that can give him more than 2 seconds, he won't always be. And that means presnap reads become even more important. He needed to call for a shift of protection on the last int play. There were a few times when he didn't call out the uncovered rusher and should have seen it.

Looking off Safeties and CB's. Lock needs to scan and know that they are watching him scanning the field. He projected where he was going a couple times. In a real game those would be INTs or even defensive scores. (One was an Int)

Arch. His ability to throw Lazer straight bullet passes is awesome. But I want to see ability to drop it in from above over defenders arms

Those things will get better if worked on.

For a Rookie... And compared to last week... Lock showed progress. If he can fix one thing at a time, but at this fast rate he is showing, he will be ready by next year for sure
    (Took Paxton 4years to show anything other than regression.)

Funny thing is Siemian's tendency to float backwards was something I hated. Yet it is the opposite for Lock, he needs to work on getting from center into the pocket without thinking about not stumbling. And he could use a few hours day of training his drop back leg and torso movements into his brain. It should be second nature by next year if he focuses.

​​​​​​(.. Seimian could see what was coming, and he would get back to the pocket fine, but he would just keep floating backward afraid of the rush... I would be like "Yes! That looks good, wait WTF are you doing? Stop, you coward. Let the tackles circle! Aw sht..." Then munkeyspunk would get splattered for a 15 yard loss. )

Lock has a high ceiling.
    And he may be ready if Joe eventually gets hurt in our long season of tough opponents, Even if Hogan keeps him at #3 to start the season.

We could certainly game plan a switch to Shotgun plays that could give Lock a better chance now if he had to come in. And that's exactly what I was thinking last week. Now I'm more than sure of it.
    Maybe by game 4 he will look like a pitcher that learned how to pitch...
    I'm thinking pretty much the same. Lock is seeing the open guys downfield, seeing how the patterns develop, but it's kinda clear he's still trying to get his feet where they should be to deliver a pretty pass. The brain and feet are a bit out of whack. Just gonna take some time.

Leave a comment:

• ghwk
    replied
    As far as Lock, I agree he needs time with 2nd and first team. I get concerned when he needs a lot of foot work reps with good mechanics to get the muscle memory in place. When you are playing with 3rds I think your natural bad habits are whats going to come back in the moment and end up getting reinforced.

Leave a comment:

• ghwk
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    Just saw the Lynch highlights. ROFL, was he really getting all that excited over playing decent against a bunch of nobodies and probably never will be? I wish the SeaCock mascot would have whooped his ass when he ran up and started throwing those punches.
    Maybe you and I should stick to Lynch as topic since we agree on it! And yeah the dude was acting like it was the Superbowl. He's as dumb as ever. I can see him in a bar today talking about how he whipped bronco camp fodder L O L

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

I would flip it. Shanahan's offense is the variation. We'll see if Scangs is closer to Kubiak or Kyle.

Given Scangs admitted he was more conservative until he worked under Kyle, I worry about his nature.
    fair enough

Leave a comment:

Working...
X