X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghwk
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

If there’s no WR threat defenses can easily take away the TE/RB routes.

Its part of why SF has struggled in that dept for 2 years now without finding WRs.

I was fed the reason why Flacco struggles is because he had no WR talent. It’s Sanders and Sutton(who still is raw). You know it’s thin if Williams is being considered for a roster spot. Hamilton really needs to improve.
    Maybe we can get AB if we can locate his helmet before the raiders do.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Forget about the QB position.

WR position is a joke. Extremely thin. No real threats and a bunch of JAGs. Sanders is older and coming off Achilles. Sutton is still learning how to play the position. Nothing else. No separation. Route running looks basic and meh.

WR is one of the biggest concerns. We’re hoping mid level/low tier players become good.
    I disagree, I think the WR position is perhaps, the deepest position on offense with the addition of Winfree. So there Sanders, Sutton, Patrick, Winfree and some good depth with guys like McKnight, Benson, maybe Hamilton? Add to this group the threat at TE of Fant and I think it's pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• kappys
    replied

Its part of why SF has struggled in that dept for 2 years now without finding WRs.

I was fed the reason why Flacco struggles is because he had no WR talent. It’s Sanders and Sutton(who still is raw). You know it’s thin if Williams is being considered for a roster spot. Hamilton really needs to improve.
    Williams is the 5th WR, not sure why that indicates ifs thin. He's clearly ahead of the rest of the rabble - Langley, Mcknight, Cracraft and pals.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied

I was fed the reason why Flacco struggles is because he had no WR talent. It’s Sanders and Sutton(who still is raw). You know it’s thin if Williams is being considered for a roster spot.
    [not a troll post] This is a legit take. Just observing from the outside....the Denver WR corps doesn't scare anyone at all. Who is the field stretcher? A big part of the offense is predicated on establishing the run and setting up so downfield play action passes isn't it? .....It seems like Flacco still has the arm to pull that off but I don't see him wanting to pull the trigger on a guy that can't separate..even if the safety bites some. It's still way to early to tell...but just reading the threads around here....and seeing two preseason games now.....I'm thinking Fant might not be as big a contributor as some are hoping for.....with Fangio being the somewhat old school guy he seems to be....I have a hard time believing he's going to give all that much playing time to a TE who won't expend the effort to block, for a team that really needs to establish the run for the offense to go...if his only value is running seem routes...his value is going to be very limited. Lindsay is the only scary thing you've got.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied
    All of Lock's issues seem to be due to being a half second late mentally. Maybe that never improves, but it's also the thing most likely to improve from experience.

The team was #5-12ish statistically last year, but went 6-10 due to injuries, bad luck, officiating, and poor coaching. Add better coaching, same schedule, and better talent at every single position, and you get 4 wins this year. Math checks out.

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

I think that's a little harsh. I like the young guys, who are still developing. Plus with Flacco and this offense, it won't all be about the WRs. There will be a lot of targeting TEs and RBs, as demonstrated by drafting Fant in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied

WR position is a joke. Extremely thin. No real threats and a bunch of JAGs. Sanders is older and coming off Achilles. Sutton is still learning how to play the position. Nothing else. No separation. Route running looks basic and meh.

WR is one of the biggest concerns. We’re hoping mid level/low tier players become good.
    I think that's a little harsh. I like the young guys, who are still developing. Plus with Flacco and this offense, it won't all be about the WRs. There will be a lot of targeting TEs and RBs, as demonstrated by drafting Fant in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied
    Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post

Ok expert, who is this Lindsey guy you mention? Didn't know anybody on the team had that name . . . .
    He's our starting running back.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronc62
    replied
    I'll take it; really feared Jano might be out for the year. Likely out for the four September games.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Raidersbane View Post

Silicon dolls have cousins?
    Usually marketed that way in Missouri.

Leave a comment:

• Raidersbane
    replied
    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

So Cal, you seem like the kind of guy who would probalby like to know what it's like to experience the touch of a woman before you die. Cindy has cousins...my finders fee is reasonable.
    Silicon dolls have cousins?

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
    I think Lock will be fine. People overreact too much to the preseason. Remember that he got a late start due to the contract negotiations. And Fangio is making him earn it by putting him as the 3rd string and making sure he stays humble. I respect that. Already I think the offense looks much improved over last year, regardless of who's running it. Defense and Lindsey will always be money. And did you guys notice how long our drives were last night (several that were over 5-6 minutes IIRC)? That will really wear a defense out by the end of the game, while keeping ours fresh. And for those doubting Lock, that throw to Fumangali was just unbelievable. Right on the money. Lots more of that to come.
    Ok expert, who is this Lindsey guy you mention? Didn't know anybody on the team had that name . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied

So Cal, you seem like the kind of guy who would probalby like to know what it's like to experience the touch of a woman before you die. Cindy has cousins...my finders fee is reasonable.
    Wait, I thought you lived in Missouri. Cindy's not your cousin?? ;-D

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied

Gary, you seem like the kind of guy who really, really would like to experience the victory of a SB before you die. Sorry, Gary your just going to have to settle for your man-wife Cindy. Alias, Phu'c Dang.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X