X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Crash~
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
    I had flash backs of 1983 on that 2 point Conversion. I have only seen that kind of arm here on two other guys... Elway & Cutler. I'll take Lock over Memphis Belle all day long.
    He ain't another Duke, but he could be better than Cutler ever was. I'm happy.
    ​​​​​​
    About right he is going to be a decent starter. I think you have pegged about right.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

Hogan doesn’t have enough experience to outweigh Locks potential nor is Hogan good enough.
    The reason Hogan is still #2 , is because he has a better understanding of the playbook, and understands basic NFL concepts such as checks, audibles, etc. Lock is learning such things for the 1st time, in addition to his mechanics, etc, and is way behind Hogan in that regard. If we were in the regular season today, and Flacco went down, I would expect Hogan to come off the bench before Lock because he is way ahead Lock in those basics. It has nothing to do with Hogan’s lack of potential or arm talent, and more of his understanding of the position.

That said, the coaches obviously see Lock’s potential, and want him to take the #2 job quickly. But the team would know it if they just handed the job to him, and they wouldn’t respect that. Lock will eventually take the back up job, but when that happens is up to him, not Hogan or the coaches.

Leave a comment:

• razorwire77
    replied

Lock isn’t Tim Tebow ffs. They may not be able to use the whole playbook but they are not going to be dumbing down the playbook to the point where they are changing the offense they run.
    Nobody said he was Tim Tebow ffs. They absolutely would have to significantly modify the offense if Lock were to play in the regular season. Which is why unless Flacco goes completely tits up, he probably won't play in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
    Lock was obviously raw and inconsistent with his mechanics and reads. All of which should be expected of a rookie QB playing in a preseason game with 4th and 5th string players. He made that anticipatory frozen rope throw to Fumagalli which an was absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the 2s. That being said, kid is nowhere near ready to play. If Flacco gets hurt/epically sucks during the regular season, Scangarello would have really scale the offense back and modify it incorporate read/option read concepts if they were to give Lock regular season starts.
    Lock isn’t Tim Tebow ffs. They may not be able to use the whole playbook but they are not going to be dumbing down the playbook to the point where they are changing the offense they run.

Leave a comment:

• razorwire77
    replied
    Lock was obviously raw and inconsistent with his mechanics and reads. All of which should be expected of a rookie QB playing in a preseason game with 4th and 5th string players. He made that anticipatory frozen rope throw to Fumagalli which an was absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the 2s. That being said, kid is nowhere near ready to play. If Flacco gets hurt/epically sucks during the regular season, Scangarello would have really scale the offense back and modify it incorporate read/option read concepts if they were to give Lock regular season starts.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    I had flash backs of 1983 on that 2 point Conversion. I have only seen that kind of arm here on two other guys... Elway & Cutler. I'll take Lock over Memphis Belle all day long.
    He ain't another Duke, but he could be better than Cutler ever was. I'm happy.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied

if Lock can’t beat out Hogan, then odds are he’ll bust,IMO. Lock, I’m betting, will be the #2 by the start of the regular season.
    If Lock cant beat out Flacco sometime this year, he will likely bust. I struggle with how slow some are to accept the fact that Flacco is in that bottom tier of starting QBs. He is bad, and against the Seahawks he looked just as he has the last 4 years. Inaccurate and unwilling to throw beyond 10 yards, and unable to stand in the pocket. Things you might expect from a rookie.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaMagnum
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
    Like I said... From Shotgun the guy is good.
    He's a Rookie getting used to the speed of things. But he has talent.
    Still on track to be the QBOTF.

Let's see him with the #2's.

I went back and watch his passes. He's doing some good stuff. He gets the ball out FAST. He's making reads and progressions. He's studying, improving, and that arm is a cannon.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

I wouldn’t read to much in Lock potential based upon his spot on the depth chart. I’m getting the feeling this staff has already made the decision based upon “experience” vs potential or what happens on the field. I expect Hogan will be #2 on game day.
    Hogan doesn’t have enough experience to outweigh Locks potential nor is Hogan good enough.

Leave a comment:

• elsid13
    replied

if Lock can’t beat out Hogan, then odds are he’ll bust,IMO. Lock, I’m betting, will be the #2 by the start of the regular season.
    I wouldn’t read to much in Lock potential based upon his spot on the depth chart. I’m getting the feeling this staff has already made the decision based upon “experience” vs potential or what happens on the field. I expect Hogan will be #2 on game day.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    Greaseball said on the telecast Denver will keep 3 QBs but at some point this year Lock needs to pass Hogan

things can change based on practice performance but sounds like 3 QBs are in the plans for now
    .....it sounds like I was right....again.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    Greaseball said on the telecast Denver will keep 3 QBs but at some point this year Lock needs to pass Hogan

things can change based on practice performance but sounds like 3 QBs are in the plans for now

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Action View Post
    Lock's game is so similar to a young Jay Cutler (Lock faster release). Both poor foot mechanics lol
    Yeah ... At least twice Lock threw off his back foot without being pressured. It seems like his poor mechanics give back much of the advantage his arm strength gives him.

But it definitely seemrd like he made progress from week one ... not exactly sure what that progress entailed, but it was there.

_______

Hogan needs to try harder.

_______

Wish Flacco would have displayed more red zone killer instinct, but hey, it was just one trip.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    Like I said... From Shotgun the guy is good.
    He's a Rookie getting used to the speed of things. But he has talent.
    Still on track to be the QBOTF.

Let's see him with the #2's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X